By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Far Will Pokemon X/Y Be In Life Time Sales? Can It Be The 2nd or 3rd Best Gen In Pokemon(Sales Wise)?

It'll Be Around....

Over 20mil 48 30.19%

18-20mil 39 24.53%

16-18mil 30 18.87%

14-16mil 22 13.84%

Under 14mil 18 11.32%

Total:157

How Far Will Pokemon X/Y Be In Life Time Sales? Can It Be The 2nd or 3rd Best Gen In Pokemon(Sales Wise)?

Pokémon Red / Green / Blue 31.37mil
Pokémon Gold / Silver 23.10mil
Pokémon Diamond / Pearl 18.07mil
Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire 15.85mil
Pokémon Black / White 14.72mil
Pokémon X/Y ????????

Around the Network

Considering how much Japan LOVES the 3DS, and that sales for the 3DS are picking up in NA and Europe, AND that it is the first 3D pokemon game, something that everyone has been asking for since the DS, AND... it has the same release date world wide... so yeah, it has potential to be one of the best selling pokemon games. I'm expecting lifetime sales to be 20 mil

Around 16mil. 3ds is simply not doing ds numbers. Sure animal crossing new leaf is selling as well as the ds version. But look at nsmb2.

Unless this ends up being the only mainline Pokemon game this gen, I can't see it passing diamond and pearl.

OneHappyGamer:) said:
Considering how much Japan LOVES the 3DS, and that sales for the 3DS are picking up in NA and Europe, AND that it is the first 3D pokemon game, something that everyone has been asking for since the DS, AND... it has the same release date world wide... so yeah, it has potential to be one of the best selling pokemon games. I'm expecting lifetime sales to be 20 mil

It looks more promising then ever! i mean aside from 3D, we get a new type, much much better designs of pokemon( even though ever gen has great ones imo), and so many other great new feats! im really hoping way over 20mil but we have to wait and see. It seems like pokemon fans that skipped 3rd/4th/5th gen are coming back!

17.5 is my guess for minimum, 20 for max.

Around the Network

Honestly, I hope it does more than 20 million, but a more realistic prediction would be 18-20 million

I think it has potential to be the best selling pokemon ever

Why have Pokemon games sales consistently gone done?

I'm going to say around 17 million. It is the first 3D pokemon, and I think that's a bigger deal than people think.

I think its gona be simply amazing. The 3DS sales will explode even more than they already have with this out.

What many people forget aswell is that the DS was rampant with piracy. The 3DS isnt.
I think it will be interesting to see the battle between pokemon and GTAV sales. My original prediction was that it was gonna be the second best selling pokemon game.

Looking at the picture in the OP post, i wish they would include the started of gen 1 in there after the main story. It would be amazing. I think i only like gen1, 5 and 6. The rest are quite dull.