By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pacther: MS to pay Sony $150-$250million in royalty for Blu-Ray. Says he is right 70-80% of the time

Doesn't really matter if Xbone is going to flop.

Around the Network

why do people listen to this man?

Pachter is awesome. I'm seriously glad he's around just for the way people get so puffed up over him.

I'm a fan.

Well the man is a prophet. I mean sure he doesn't get his predictions right most of the time or really any of the time, but he'll eventually!

Sony don't own bluray...

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Sony don't own bluray...

You seem pretty sure!

They are one of the owners of the format.

Pachter is the man.

You missed how 70-80% of his predictions are correct - and honestly, in the big picture of things, I have no reason to doubt he's telling the truth - seeing what money he's making and for how long he's been doing that job, I'd say his clients are more than happy with him.

He is right, he is the man.

pezus said:

Someone tell me how to embed this.

He thinks it's $2-$3 per Blu-Ray drive

And as usual, this moron is completely wrong when it comes to numbers. It's not like you can actually look up the blu-ray royalty rates on the intenet. Oh no, wait......... (It's actually $1.25 for a pc with installed bd software, and XBox One is certainly registeres as such, and the consortium is about 15 companies, so Sony gets around 10c)

stealh edit: forgot the drive. So it's actually around 50c for Sony

foodfather said:
Sony don't own bluray...

They don't own the entire thing, but they do own a share of the license, which in turn entitles them to royalties.