By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart Wii will sell more than Smash Bros Brawl

MarioKart will definitely win. It didn't lose the last 2 gens.
DoubleDash was (imo) the worst MK on a console that was, more than previous Nintendo consoles, owned by hardcore (Nintendo) gamers.

On Wii MarioKart will rule all games this gen.

I do hope they make it just as good as Brawl though.

Around the Network

Not sure why any one would want to play MK with a GC controller if you have the wheel...

Any way, I tend to agree, mainly because Kart is more of an Equal Opportunity game, where if you are good at it you will win, but it keeps things competative for people who haven't played as much or just aren't as good at it.

Keeps them interested.

Where as Brawl, if you are bad, or new, you are going to get stomped.

= 'Screw This' mentality

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

i think it will be close--it all depends on if/when they release the next version

At once FFXIII, MGS4 and GT5 comes out the Wii will be dead. You know, ALL threads don't have to be about Wii. Ps3 is going to rock!!! YEAH :):):):):):)

OT: I believe you are right MK will beat Brawl by 15 % at least.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

ferret1603 said:
OriGin said:

Smash Bros wont get girls, they don't like fighting much

WTF?! Why is there so much bigotry on this site? I don't know whether sexism is acceptable in the US but it isn't in the UK. Would you put "Smash Bros wont get gays, they don't like fighting much" or Smash Bros wont get Asians, they don't like fighting much"? I certainly hope you wouldn't so don't generalise about women either. We are all individuals and lumping us all together just because of the shape of our genitals is bigoted and insulting. FYI fighters are my favourite genre but my fiance hates them. Less of the generalisations please!

It's called a stereotype. It's not true for all women, but hell, the stereotype has to come from somewhere.

And I'm telling you, out of the dozens of females I would call close friends, I only know a few that enjoy what we call "hardcore" games, and I do know dozens that love Mario Kart...and some play it religiously.

What am I supposed to do about that fact? I'm not a sexist, I simply don't know many female gamers, that is not my fault, that's videogame's stereotypes keeping too many women from picking up a controller. I wish my female friends would join us in Smash Bros. and have some fun, but they never do, they sit there and watch, bored.  With the exception of a few, like I said.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
At once FFXIII, MGS4 and GT5 comes out the Wii will be dead. You know, ALL threads don't have to be about Wii. Ps3 is going to rock!!! YEAH :):):):):):)

OT: I believe you are right MK will beat Brawl by 15 % at least.

Stop hanging out with Crazzyman, it's starting to rub off on ya. =)=)=)=)=)=)

OT: Mario Kart beat Smash on the N64 and the 'Cube. It will probably win again on the Wii.

The controls for MK will be easier (or more fun?) with the steering wheel mechanic versus Smash's GC-based controls. There will be more people who get MK's control scheme versus Smash's controls.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I don't agree, SSBB will sell about a million more.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

ferret1603 said:
OriGin said:

Smash Bros wont get girls, they don't like fighting much

WTF?! Why is there so much bigotry on this site? I don't know whether sexism is acceptable in the US but it isn't in the UK. Would you put "Smash Bros wont get gays, they don't like fighting much" or Smash Bros wont get Asians, they don't like fighting much"? I certainly hope you wouldn't so don't generalise about women either. We are all individuals and lumping us all together just because of the shape of our genitals is bigoted and insulting. FYI fighters are my favourite genre but my fiance hates them. Less of the generalisations please!

This is a SALES website and a topic about the potential sales of products.

I'm sorry if I offended you but that comment is not meant to be offensive, typically in business when you are talking about the MASS market these sort of assumptions need to made towards products.  Simply put, you're in a minority within the female demographic and population that plays videogames.

I'm sorry but I defy you to provide me any source of credible information that would disprove this fact, I am only going by anecdotal evidence and the fact that Nintendo themselves talk about one of the main demographics of Mario Kart being female gamers and my general experience with the female populace, but sorry you're wrong.

I don't think MK will get close. I predict Matio Kart will have 10-12 million lifetime sales while SSBB will have 20+ million lifetime sales. We hardly know anything about about MK and it's some how supposed to out sell the most hyped Wii game?

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

BTW I accept your bet. I put it in my sig already.

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser.