Forums - General Discussion - I can't take it anymore, I HATE Goku >:(

Tagged games:

Who is the worst Goku?

Kid Goku (Dragonball) 8 8.89%

Adult Goku 7 7.78%

Teen Goku 3 3.33%

Kid Goku (GT) 71 78.89%

Total:89

I can't believe people are still arguing over Dragon Ball.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Gohan is stronger than both Vegeta and Goku in Dragon Ball Z so at least Goku isn't the strongest in the series. Or at least until GT.

The thing is, the show wanted to show that heart and desire was just important as anything else. Another important note to remember is some people are born more skilled than others and regardless of how much training you have that wont change. It would be like comparing you to Michael Jordan. Sure you could practice 24/7 but MJ will still be better because he was born with a natural talent for it. Practice only helped him improve even more.

WAY OFF TOPIC: You love you some MJ, don'tcha? :) I think he'd find your comment disrespectful.

WAY BACK ON TOPIC: Completely agree. I hate idiot heroes. WHO THE HELL LEAVES THE FATE OF ALL LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE IN THE HANDS OF A COUPLE OF 7-YEAR-OLDS?!?!?! And before that, the dumbass lounged around with his son like a deadbeat weedhead hippie who didn't have a superpowerful bio-android specifically engineered to kill him and his friends.

I feel like DBZ got progressively worse with each new arc and big bad villain. All the periphery fighters got progressively useless, the characters got progressively overpowered to the point to where you wonder how someone doesn't blow up the half the world by farting, and the applied phlebotinum or other new magical plot devices  got progressively more ridiculous to the point of unintentional hilarity (Z Sword? Fusion Dance? WTF?)

It got to the point to where the whole namesake of the show either made you sit and wonder why the cast didn't just keep reusing the dragon balls for everything (like they did at the end of the Frieza/Namek arc) or that the dragon balls were now completely useless because the dragon was far too weak to have any effect on the villains. It became, "Uh-oh, new villain appeared whose even more powerful than the last! Time for everyone to get their ass whipped to buy time for Goku to show up late and get knocked silly with the idiot ball for a dozen episodes before he finally does what the rest of us would have done from the get-go!"

Chandler said:

So we shouldn't discuss things that interest us? People are still arguing over the color of Jesus and the moon landing, should they quit already?

burninmylight said:
Chandler said:

So we shouldn't discuss things that interest us? People are still arguing over the color of Jesus and the moon landing, should they quit already?

I wouldn't mind it.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I don't know what r u saying but after watching anime for the past 23 years more or less DBZ remain my favorite anime of all time & Goku my favorite anime char, have u ever consider what it means to be a Sayan in the first place? I have watch DBZ more than 10 times already probably more & before you spout nonsense about Goku think for a moment the question I ask u.

Sayans as a race love fighting, it's in their genes it's the reason they live to fight every strong opponent they can find & increase their power as much as possible, for a Sayan power have no limits, a small example is that every time a Sayan comes close to die & overcome death gain a gr8 boost in power, other example is that Sayans compare to Earthlings live longer & stay younger in order to fight for as long as possible.

So before u judge Goku because he do what hes genes & his guts told him to do to keep on fighting & become stronger with few words because guess what he is a Sayan & that's what he is supposed to do, take his place & think like u were him & about the ppl who left to die who the fck cares it's not something they cant fix anyway, in the end they always bring every1 back to life or did u loose that part?

Around the Network
rpgmaniac said:

I don't know what r u saying but after watching anime for the past 23 years more or less DBZ remain my favorite anime of all time & Goku my favorite anime char, have u ever consider what it means to be a Sayan in the first place? I have watch DBZ more than 10 times already probably more & before you spout nonsense about Goku think for a moment the question I ask u.

Sayans as a race love fighting, it's in their genes it's the reason they live to fight every strong opponent they can find & increase their power as much as possible, for a Sayan power have no limits, a small example is that every time a Sayan comes close to die & overcome death gain a gr8 boost in power, other example is that Sayans compare to Earthlings live longer & stay younger in order to fight for as long as possible.

So before u judge Goku because he do what hes genes & his guts told him to do to keep on fighting & become stronger with few words because guess what he is a Sayan & that's what he is supposed to do, take his place & think like u were him & about the ppl who left to die who the fck cares it's not something they cant fix anyway, in the end they always bring every1 back to life or did u loose that part?

howd you like if you were dead for who knows how long, or see your loved ones die right in front of your face? I guess Goku doesn't care about all their suffering, cause he wants to have fun fighting Vegeta, or Androids, or whoever presents him a challange.

Preventing Peoples Suffering < Goku's entertainment

Good thing he doesn't find killing people entertaining, or he'd be exactly like Cell or Freeza or whatever villain in the DBZ series.

The "who the fck cares" part was mine was not Goku's in case u didn't get it, if u seen the anime u have also seen the expresion of Goku's face when his friend's/family or even strangers die in front of him, it's obvious he didn't like it or enjoy it at all in fact every time something like that happen it makes him very ungry, but sometimes he can't save them so he takes comfort thinking that when fighting over will bring every1 back using the dragon balls yep that's what the anime is all about other than awesome fights ofc, about the dragon balls & how some1 can make all his wishes come true if he succeed to gather all 7 even bring back the dead.

I was always a krillin fan myself :P

JayWood2010 said:
BasilZero said:

Gohan completely fell off during the Buu saga mostly due to the fact that he started living out as a normal human and havent really been training. This was further noted in GT when he was completely written off as a Z Warrior.

Goku was SSJ3 when the buu saga started mostly cause he was on constant training in the other world.

Although they did show Gohan becoming powerful when he got the Z-sword in the buu saga, he pretty much still got wiped lol.

@Poll - I like the GT kid Goku the least.

Mystic Gohan was the most powerful Dragon BallZ non-fused character.  You can search it up if you want.  It has prob been a decade since Ive watched it but from what I remember Super Buu was more powerful than Kid Buu but Kid Buu was more dangerous because he wouldn't hesitate to destroy the world.  Super Buu just blind sided Gohan with absorption which was the only reason he was able to move on.  Goku and Vegeta both got destroyed by  Super Buu up until the vegeto fusion.  That is if i am remembering everything correctly.

No you are not right. Goku ended up as a the strongest DBZ character...obviously..because he's the main character. Mystic Gohan couldn't hold his jock strap.

Two things about Goku and Vegeta:

Firstly, have you ever played competitive sports? Especially when you get to high school and upper levels, you'll find a huge discrepancy in ability and talent between people who are naturally gifted and those who aren't as gifted. I know many have personally experienced this; there is always that one guy who seems to always be better than you at the sport, despite him not practicing nearly as much as you. This is how I think it goes between Goku and Vegeta. Goku is simply more gifted than Vegeta, and there is nothing Vegeta can do to surpass his natural gift.

Secondly, when Goku did train, he trained intelligently. A lot of Vegeta's training consisted of him training alone and self-motivating himself. Goku on the other hand almost always trained with OTHERS (whether it be other fighters, or trainers like King Kai). Thus, he was always around competition and he used every sample of competition as a ladder for him to set bench marks and improve. Had Vegeta trained WITH Trunks in the Cell saga for example, I'm CERTAIN that he would've achieved the full-powered Super Saiyan plateau that Goku and Gohan reached. Instead, he chose to train alone which resulted in him plateauing early and not improving as much as he could've.

Vegeta always claimed that it was his pride that kept him going, when in reality it was his pride that held him back from his goal of surpassing Goku.