By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge magazine goes CRAZY- "ps4 is your next console", "One; titanic failures"

slowmo said:

Indeed, I was just pointing out the ridculousness of the headline, it will be interesting to see what the magazine actually contains so we get some context as it could just be a silly tag line to dupe people to buying. 

I purchased on the iPad so don't know how that translates to pages in the magazine, but there wasn't much in there to be honest, based on the front page. I was expecting page after page, - difficult to judge on the ipad but it was only a couple of pages each max. 

Also, just a general point... I know people want to see what's inside, but it would be better if people didnt post images of it. At the end of the day, its still someone's work... even if you agree with it or not.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
hinch said:

Christ. This thread. You know.. this could just be their opinion (crazy, right). Sure the title could be nonsense or sensationalist, but being paid for? Come on. They've built the reputation they have because their reviews and opinions are generally well respected amongst gamers. Most people here know about EDGE because they're harsh as fuck and brutally honest when it comes to video games and people take interest in that.

And, unlike the average forum go-er.. they actually have sources within the industry who are "in the know" and can actually give a real insight on it. So I really do not get the correlation between opinion piece like this and them being bought out. It's like people have already decided the article is trash before even opening the cover and reading it. I wonder what would the the response would be if you were to change the headline to XBox One, or Wii U. I'll be willing to bet that you'll see a whole different bunch of opinions around here regarding the the mag.

OT: Interested to see what they have to say about this.

Finally some damn sense on the forums

J_Allard said:
Yikes, can Sony show some cool games finally, since EDGE says this is apparently my next console?

Pretty sure Infamous Second Son looks amazing or cool as you prefer. 

cmeese47 said:
J_Allard said:
Yikes, can Sony show some cool games finally, since EDGE says this is apparently my next console?

Pretty sure Infamous Second Son looks amazing or cool as you prefer. 

Looks like Infamous with slightly better graphics to me. Considering Infamous 2 was a huge disappointment personally, and a large drop in quality from the original, they need more than that to get me hyped.

Just starting reading this issue. So far the content is well written and analytical. They have informed opinions and back up what they say. All 3 next gen console gets its own article explaining where they're going right and where mis-steps have been taken as well as a break down of their E3 showing.

The headline is a talking point but the content is key here. Read the articles. Video games journalism needs publications like Edge that have a modicum of intelligence and they're one of the few publications (both online and off) where the term "journalist" actually rings true.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:
Wow, looks like Sony paid them lots of $$$ to write that.

Are you serious?

Yeah. The article doesn't even consider the WiiU. So they must have bribed them to write it, or its written by some fanboy. Oh well, its not like MS doesn't bribe loads of people to say good things about them. 

You do realise each console got its own article right? Nintendo had a small section devoted to themselves.

Scoobes said:
MoHasanie said:

Yeah. The article doesn't even consider the WiiU. So they must have bribed them to write it, or its written by some fanboy. Oh well, its not like MS doesn't bribe loads of people to say good things about them. 

You do realise each console got its own article right? Nintendo had a small section devoted to themselves.

I doubt it, you are the first person to actualy mention what it says, thank you for this.

Hmm, pie.

Well u don't need to read EDGE to understand that I think with little research & by counting all the +/- is more than obvious what console have much more to offer & for the better price also.