By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge magazine goes CRAZY- "ps4 is your next console", "One; titanic failures"

S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:
Wow, looks like Sony paid them lots of $$$ to write that.

Are you serious?

Yeah. The article doesn't even consider the WiiU. So they must have bribed them to write it, or its written by some fanboy. Oh well, its not like MS doesn't bribe loads of people to say good things about them. 

Dude the Wii U is already out. Look at its sales. Its showing that people with current gen or are ready to buy current gen consoles are not differentiating the Wii U from the current gen. have you seen the Wii U's sales this week? The PS3 and 360 are beating it by multiples with Sony being in the lead over 100K. 

By the next gen consoles launch (as in tech) people will marvel at it and specifically in America they will look at the price and say, "Why is the Wii U fifty dollars cheaper than the PS4? on one of the models?" Nintendo really needed a true mario game this year with Mario Kart to boot. Sure those games are not going to give it Wii-like sales but what also hurts is the third party.

EDGE is an exceptionally truthful magazine that states when they like or dislike something.  Has some of the best articles and the cleanest photos of games you'll come by which is why its so expensive compared to the competition. Obviously this issue is reacting to the early part of this month before the DRM was removed a week later when MS said "we can't just remove it".

Yeah but its not hard to beleive that a magazine that's most likely struggling to sell would take money from Sony. Why would a truthful magazine say "the only option right now is PS4"? Why aren't the looking at the postives of the Xbox One like its exclusives? 

Also we don't know if the WiiU will take a price cut during the holidays. That could help sales. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
slowmo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

you sure do put a lot of faith in Microsoft when it comes to Halo. Halo cannot save the Xbox. It couldn't save the original and it played second fiddle to COD on the Xbox 360. Do you know what helped Sony steamroll ahead of Microsoft this gen? Overall value. Apparently they were late to the party but eventually they still came.

Does that mean none of Sony's IP's can save them as not a single one of them managed to outsell Halo 3 (likely Halo 4 will outsell every Sony exclusive too)?

I hardly call 6 years to overtake a "inferior powered, less value" console "steamrollin".  Japan pushed the PS3 ahead of the 360, pure and simple, without it Sony were a distant second. 

And without America the 360 would of been a distant last place pretty pointless to mention don’t you think.  One ip no, but multiple yes ever heard of don;t put all your eggs in one basket, also halo 4 wont out sell gran turismo 5 no likely about

betacon said:
slowmo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

you sure do put a lot of faith in Microsoft when it comes to Halo. Halo cannot save the Xbox. It couldn't save the original and it played second fiddle to COD on the Xbox 360. Do you know what helped Sony steamroll ahead of Microsoft this gen? Overall value. Apparently they were late to the party but eventually they still came.

Does that mean none of Sony's IP's can save them as not a single one of them managed to outsell Halo 3 (likely Halo 4 will outsell every Sony exclusive too)?

I hardly call 6 years to overtake a "inferior powered, less value" console "steamrollin".  Japan pushed the PS3 ahead of the 360, pure and simple, without it Sony were a distant second. 

And without America the 360 would of been a distant last place pretty pointless to mention don’t you think.  One ip no, but multiple yes ever heard of don;t put all your eggs in one basket, also halo 4 wont out sell gran turismo 5 no likely about

Halo 4 will likely outsell GT5, especially once it's bundled but your welcome to have your opinion on that.

Nice how you try to pretend they only have one IP, shows just how worthwhile any debate is with you.

It is worth mentioning but I'm not surprised some people like to pretend Japan hasn't made the biggest difference this gen between the two consoles.  We've had the debate hundreds of times, doesn't change the fact that in Japan the market share is ridiculously skewed compared to everywhere else, thats a fact.

slowmo said:
betacon said:
slowmo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Halo 4 will likely outsell GT5, especially once it's bundled but your welcome to have your opinion on that.

Nice how you try to pretend they only have one IP, shows just how worthwhile any debate is with you.

It is worth mentioning but I'm not surprised some people like to pretend Japan hasn't made the biggest difference this gen between the two consoles.  We've had the debate hundreds of times, doesn't change the fact that in Japan the market share is ridiculously skewed compared to everywhere else, thats a fact.

I never mention anything about microsoft only having halo, don't go assuming things, youre the one which took offense to one ip not being enough to sell a console, I simple said it takes a spread of ip's, which is why it doesn;t matter halo is a bigger ip than any of Sony's ip's.

slowmo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Do you know what steam rolling is? Its  slow press and thats essentially what Sony did year after year until the 10 million console gap was decimated. Sony had outsold Microsofts launch numbers from the very beginning but being that Microsoft cut their marketshare in half MS games were being supported just as well if not better than Sony in the beginning.

First party cannot save anyone. It didnt save Nintendo with the N64 nor the GC. 

He who has the multiplats always wins unless you come up with a first party gimmick and sustain it like the Wii (of course those gamers will not return until Nintendo finds another gimmick that entices them to try it out).

Sony has many exclusives that of which bring a massive amounts of gamers towards them, they dont just focus on one or two like Microsoft. They know they cannot do it alone which is humbling and they know they need their first party to be top notch, which it has. Two of their internal studios are most definitely in the gens top 10.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Do you know what steam rolling is? Its  slow press and thats essentially what Sony did year after year until the 10 million console gap was decimated. Sony had outsold Microsofts launch numbers from the very beginning but being that Microsoft cut their marketshare in half MS games were being supported just as well if not better than Sony in the beginning.

Fi

steam•roll•er (ˈstimˌroʊ lər)

n.

1. a heavy steam-powered vehicle having a roller for crushing, compacting, or leveling materials used for a road or the like.
2. (not in technical use) any similar vehicle with a roller.
3. an overpowering force, esp. a ruthless one.

v.t.

4. to crush or flatten with a steamroller.
5. to overcome with superior force.
6. to bring about the adoption of by overwhelming pressure: to steamroller the resolution through.

v.i.

7. to proceed with implacable force.

adj.

8. ruthlessly overpowering.

Yes I do know what it means and you chose poorly in your definition.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Fi

steam•roll•er (ˈstimˌroʊ lər)

n.

1. a heavy steam-powered vehicle having a roller for crushing, compacting, or leveling materials used for a road or the like.
2. (not in technical use) any similar vehicle with a roller.
3. an overpowering force, esp. a ruthless one.

v.t.

4. to crush or flatten with a steamroller.
5. to overcome with superior force.
6. to bring about the adoption of by overwhelming pressure: to steamroller the resolution through.

v.i.

7. to proceed with implacable force.

adj.

8. ruthlessly overpowering.

Yes I do know what it means and you chose poorly in your definition.

kowenicki said:
betacon said:
slowmo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

1.  why not?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=163974&page=1#

and

Took halo 3 10 months before it first dropped below 19k weekly sales, took halo 4 7 months, imo I don;t see it having the same legs

Rogerioandrade said:
Edge is crazy. A magazine that try so hard to have a "journalistic professional image" but instead is highly biased and, due to that, short in content..

maybe they looked at it objectively and weren't afraid to declare a clear winner based on those observations.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

MoHasanie said:
Wow, looks like Sony paid them lots of $$$ to write that.

You know, people are allowed to have opinions - often strong and controversial ones -  without being paid to have them.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com