By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge magazine goes CRAZY- "ps4 is your next console", "One; titanic failures"

platformmaster918 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Edge is crazy. A magazine that try so hard to have a "journalistic professional image" but instead is highly biased and, due to that, short in content..

maybe they looked at it objectively and weren't afraid to declare a clear winner based on those observations.

Are you kidding? Looking objectively at what? These consoles aren't even on the market. They are either being paid or are trying to be sensational to sell more copies (but this would be shortsighted). If their argument is the controversial stuff that microsoft has already changed it's even more stupid.

Around the Network

Christ. This thread. You know.. this could just be their opinion (crazy, right). Sure the title could be nonsense or sensationalist, but being paid for? Come on. They've built the reputation they have because their reviews and opinions are generally well respected amongst gamers. Most people here know about EDGE because they're harsh as fuck and brutally honest when it comes to video games and people take interest in that.

And, unlike the average forum go-er.. they actually have sources within the industry who are "in the know" and can actually give a real insight on it. So I really do not get the correlation between opinion piece like this and them being bought out. It's like people have already decided the article is trash before even opening the cover and reading it. I wonder what would the the response would be if you were to change the headline to XBox One, or Wii U. I'll be willing to bet that you'll see a whole different bunch of opinions around here regarding the the mag.

OT: Interested to see what they have to say about this.

askel50 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Edge is crazy. A magazine that try so hard to have a "journalistic professional image" but instead is highly biased and, due to that, short in content..

maybe they looked at it objectively and weren't afraid to declare a clear winner based on those observations.

Are you kidding? Looking objectively at what? These consoles aren't even on the market. They are either being paid or are trying to be sensational to sell more copies (but this would be shortsighted). If their argument is the controversial stuff that microsoft has already changed it's even more stupid.

at how much value each console has according to what's been revealed so far and who hasn't gone back on their whole "vision"

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

slowmo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Do you know what steam rolling is? Its  slow press and thats essentially what Sony did year after year until the 10 million console gap was decimated. Sony had outsold Microsofts launch numbers from the very beginning but being that Microsoft cut their marketshare in half MS games were being supported just as well if not better than Sony in the beginning.

Fi

steam•roll•er (ˈstimˌroʊ lər)

n.

1. a heavy steam-powered vehicle having a roller for crushing, compacting, or leveling materials used for a road or the like.
2. (not in technical use) any similar vehicle with a roller.
3. an overpowering force, esp. a ruthless one.

v.t.

4. to crush or flatten with a steamroller.
5. to overcome with superior force.
6. to bring about the adoption of by overwhelming pressure: to steamroller the resolution through.

v.i.

7. to proceed with implacable force.

adj.

8. ruthlessly overpowering.

Yes I do know what it means and you chose poorly in your definition.

Cleveland steamroller?

Ex Graphics Whore.

wow..this was quite the read; I think we all need to calm down, it's ONE article from hundreds if not thousands of gaming review companies out there.

Around the Network

So, I'm curious, which magazine publisher got the rights to do an Official Xbox One Magazine? Did Future lose this? As that would explain such a strong Pro PS4 stance if Future retained rights to Official PlayStation magazine for PS4, but not for Xbox One.

Post 180 I'm really surprised to see this as Edge have generally been more pro Xbox over the years. I can't help but think their are ulterior motives at hand, and this is coming from someone with no current intention to get an Xbox One but with a PS4 pre ordered.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
So, I'm curious, which magazine publisher got the rights to do an Official Xbox One Magazine? Did Future lose this? As that would explain such a strong Pro PS4 stance if Future retained rights to Official PlayStation magazine for PS4, but not for Xbox One.

Post 180 I'm really surprised to see this as Edge have generally been more pro Xbox over the years. I can't help but think their are ulterior motives at hand, and this is coming from someone with no current intention to get an Xbox One but with a PS4 pre ordered.

I don't get the hate for them to be honest, let them print whatever their opinion is, they just better hope that they're right or they'll be a laughing stock.  

Printing opinions is fine. But picking a side like that without even having final hardware and finished software for either format seems a bit premature for such definitive headlines.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Printing opinions is fine. But picking a side like that without even having final hardware and finished software for either format seems a bit premature for such definitive headlines.

It'll be funny hearing them backtracking in future if they were wrong though lol

MikeRox said:

No, Future still publish Official Xbox Magazine. But each magazine is it's own publication and separate from the main company, different editors. Like any magazine an editor has the final say.

All they changed with the 180 was allowing users to trade in games if they so wish and buying used games freely. What MS hasn't changed is other policies like the Kinect, the price and for Edge which might be a deciding draw back, the lack of indie developer support. We will only really know with the publication of the article. It's out tomorrow.

arcane_chaos said:
wow..this was quite the read; I think we all need to calm down, it's ONE article from hundreds if not thousands of gaming review companies out there.

Shows the power of Edge doesn't it then? if gameradar or Jim Sterling said this, who would bat an eye?

slowmo said:
MikeRox said:

It'll be funny hearing them backtracking in future if they were wrong though lol

Back track from what saying 'right now' the only option is PS4... right now. In 4 months times, the situation can change. Then if they change their mind you intend of ridiculing them instead of thanking them for supporting the Xbone?

Hmm, pie.