By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “We get it”: EA will re-think Origin, try to make it more about gamers

Soleron said:

EA doesn't yet appear to understand—or is choosing to ignore—that no small part of the customer dissatisfaction directed toward Origin is because it's not Steam. That, rather than a perceived lack of social features, is the service's biggest stumbling block. - Ars Technica

That is a very good point, Steam could do anything and get away with it because Valve made Half-Life. Origin is pretty much as good as Steam

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
Won't matter. When the gamer hate train is a going, nothing will stop it. Not improvements, not quality, not cheap or free stuff, not common sense, not anything. Origin bears the mark of Cain and that's that. :|

EA and Cheap? Ha!
This is the company that said that "Sales cheapen I.P". - They would love to charge you more money if they could get away with it.
Converesly, Valve's games like Left 4 Dead, Half Life and Portal were about $30 cheaper on release compared to EA releases for me. ($60 vs $90).

Plus, you can't forget that Valve also shares profits with Toolmakers that it makes from transactions in games like Team Fortress 2 or Dota 2, EA gives away nothing.

Also, Valve being a Private company doesn't answer to shareholders who demand ever increasing profits, isn't on an ever-increasing warpath of increasing DRM  AND actively suppots the PC and the modding community, not to mention does not close servers down for older games (They still support Half Life!)
And lets not talk about the security of Origin either, it's woefull, it's actually easy to get someone elses account, Steam on the other hand is far better in that regard.

Plus, don't let the "Blatant Lies" that EA have stated in the past get in the way either, the last one was that Sim City does processing in the cloud and hence can't be played offline. - Not only was that proven false by a modder, but the game played better offline too!

If EA wants me back, they need to do allot, first thing they could do is remove the script reading monkeys from their customer support and work with Valve to get the games back on Steam, then I might decide to throw money towards that horrible horrible anti-consumer company.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

oniyide said:
Darth Tigris said:
Won't matter. When the gamer hate train is a going, nothing will stop it. Not improvements, not quality, not cheap or free stuff, not common sense, not anything. Origin bears the mark of Cain and that's that. :|

tell that to PS3

That's like comparing a drive by shooting (PS3 backlash) to Omaha Beach (Xbox One backlash).  Things are different now.  I know, man!  I was there!!!

Darth Tigris said:
oniyide said:
Darth Tigris said:

tell that to PS3

That's like comparing a drive by shooting (PS3 backlash) to Omaha Beach (Xbox One backlash).  Things are different now.  I know, man!  I was there!!!

the point is, that an image can be turned around. PS3 was crapped on and now its not.

oniyide said:
Darth Tigris said:
oniyide said:
Darth Tigris said:

tell that to PS3

the point is, that an image can be turned around. PS3 was crapped on and now its not.

Oh I understand that and agree too.  The PS3 hate wasn't near that bad, though.  Playstation had an extremely loyal fanbase for a decade leading into it's launch and Sony didn't have as many faux-enemies as say EA or Microsoft (Apple, Google, Sony, Nintendo, Linux and more fanboys).  People were still buying PS3's in droves (particularly throughout Europe) even before it turned into an awesome console.

Around the Network

Never used Origin, never will. EA doesn't deserve the money I spend on PC games.

Darth Tigris said:
oniyide said:
Darth Tigris said:
oniyide said:
Darth Tigris said:

tell that to PS3

Oh I understand that and agree too.  The PS3 hate wasn't near that bad, though.  Playstation had an extremely loyal fanbase for a decade leading into it's launch and Sony didn't have as many faux-enemies as say EA or Microsoft (Apple, Google, Sony, Nintendo, Linux and more fanboys).  People were still buying PS3's in droves (particularly throughout Europe) even before it turned into an awesome console.

which was even more reason for MS NOT to try to pull what they tried to pull IMHO. 360 is cool but wasnt no PS2, i would argue it wasnt no PS1 either. Plus it had more enemies

oniyide said:
Darth Tigris said:
oniyide said:
Darth Tigris said:
oniyide said:
Darth Tigris said:

tell that to PS3

which was even more reason for MS NOT to try to pull what they tried to pull IMHO. 360 is cool but wasnt no PS2, i would argue it wasnt no PS1 either. Plus it had more enemies

How did MS try to pull what Sony pulled???

I doubt they get it.

The problem is I only want one client to play games through, and that is Steam.