By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 TIFF Exploit found: Hackers frothing at the mouth...

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=2800

Team ICE and SorroW have released a "overflow.tiff" exploit today which is confirmed working on PS3 firmwares up to 2.10 on BOTH PAL and NTSC consoles.

At the moment the TIFF file freezes the PS3 via "heap overflow" (not buffer overflow), but by knowing the "backend number and making the right calls" it is possible to inject a simple code."

This is mainly being released so other hacking teams can take a crack at it, and hopefully it can accomplish what all PS3 hackers have been patiently waiting for. (Team ICE could not get the full potential of this TiFF becuase they lacked the PS3 SDK)

You can NOT play and PSX/PS2/PS3 ISO's with this yet.

It has begun ...

Around the Network

;o

actual response : im buying a ps3 when its actually possible =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Its only a matter of time.

I'm sorry I don't understand these hacking/modding things much but

Is this really a STEP AHEAD...or is it just another small step

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Interesting ...

This could lead to a potential soft-mod, the running of unsigned code, and the use of the hard-drive to run 'back-ups' ...

Around the Network
Imagines a 120Gb hard drive filled with pirated game .iso's.

Is that "woo hoo" or a "boo hoo" and for who?

darthdevidem01 said:
I'm sorry I don't understand these hacking/modding things much but

Is this really a STEP AHEAD...or is it just another small step

All hacks are taken with baby steps.

The next thing we might see pop up would be a Hello World app, the most famous "I hacked this awesome piece of hardware" application ever created. 

Maybe this time around, Sony will be smart enough to include useful stuff in their security updates. (for some reason, hackers and modders don't want to just give all their hard work up just because Sony asked them to)

EDIT: I'm referring to PSP FW 1.51 and 1.52 if you didn't know

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

I give it 2 weeks, it will get hacked completely.

I just need to be able to play my backup PS2 disc, then I'm fine. Yeah, I'm not buying a third copy of MGS3,

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Well this is terrible, they have already taken the wii and psp, since the ps3 is more hardcore than casual, this means software sales would die if they succeed. There own install base can actually kill them..

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M