By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tell about your best deals

Here's all the stuff I've gotten free (parents bought):

- 60gb PS3
- Halo 3
- Oblivion (PS3)
- Need For Speed: Pro Street (PS3)
- Blazing Angels (even though it sucks...it was free)

I paid for the rest.

Around the Network

Landing GHIII AND ROCK BAND for reviews, along with an extra guitar for RB, and both PR firms let me keep the games and instruments.

As far as other deals, bought some clearance games and PS2 HDDs for cheap, and flipped them - made like $1,200 in a day or two.

Another ... I bought an MP3 player for $11. It was broke, but I knew it was worth something ... got it, parted it out and sold the battery for $80, and sold the motherboard for $100. With shipping, I made $170 on the player I paid $11 for.

All my purchases are bargains :-p £4.95 for Mario Kart Double Dash was pretty good considering rip-off stores like Game are still charging £19.99.

coolestguyever said:
Here's all the stuff I've gotten free (parents bought):

- 60gb PS3
- Halo 3
- Oblivion (PS3)
- Need For Speed: Pro Street (PS3)
- Blazing Angels (even though it sucks...it was free)

I paid for the rest.
Dude, unless your parents bought that for themselves and then gave it to you because they were tired of it, that doesn't count. I'm talking about good deals, not gifts.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I picked up a used Super Famicom w/3 controls, Dragon Quest I/II, III, V, VI, YuuYuuHakusho 1 and 2 games and the DQ I/II, III, VI original SFC guide books for about $35. I've seen DQ VI by itself for like $25-$30, so it was a pretty good deal. :) Also picked up FFIV and FFVI (SFC)at a used game store for ~$2 each w/boxes/manuals.

I got my xbox 360 20gb hd for just under $30 new. I had a lot of "points" from the store, so I used them to pick up the hd for cheap :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

I got a brand new Wii for about $75. It was free by getting 5 friends to sign up for Gamefly for a month...including myself. One of my friends wanted to use the service, but for the other 4, I simply paid for their month of service...thus earning me a "free" Wii. They still do this deal, but it's only for a DS now, and of course that's half the price of a Wii.

Other than that...I got my 22" widescreen monitor for $170, it was worth $250 minimum, go Black Friday!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
I got a brand new Wii for about $75. It was free by getting 5 friends to sign up for Gamefly for a month...including myself. One of my friends wanted to use the service, but for the other 4, I simply paid for their month of service...thus earning me a "free" Wii. They still do this deal, but it's only for a DS now, and of course that's half the price of a Wii.

Other than that...I got my 22" widescreen monitor for $170, it was worth $250 minimum, go Black Friday!

And I thought I had the best Wii deal.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

A few years back I was yearning to play some classic Nintendo. I got the system and about 30 games for $45 on eBay. I ended up selling half the games back on Ebay and keeping the rest while still profiting $30 or so!

I got Final Fantasy Tactics and Persona for $1 at a yard sale. Other than those the best I've ever done was a 30% off sale on ps3 games.

I got 1 good as new dreamcast, 1 used saturn, 10 saturn games, 1 dreamcast game, 10 n64 games, and a never used dreamcast controller for $30 last month.

I got X- Beyond the Frontier for $6. I must have played this game for 500 hours. I love it.