By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could this spell doom for the Wii?

Addons don't work, Wiimote works well because of the fact that its included with the system

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

ummmm...no
it'll have ZERO good games and no support

ummm... no. PC gaming is DED!!!*dead* (morir)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

@restrado

1. that is dead in french (mourir)
2. pc gaming imo might be bigger than console gaming forever!!!!!!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

I see no reason why this gadget will outsell an ordinary joystick (does anyone else take offense at that word?), or even keyboards with LCD displays and FPS hardcore geek buttons on it.

Around the Network
timmytomthegreat said:

Moving In on the Wii

A unique motion-based controller from Motus is designed to create a more realistic experience for video game players.

By Erica Naone

-snip-

The Wii Remote tracks its position via an infrared sensor that users must attach to their televisions. However, the Motus Darwin measures absolute position with respect to earth itself. Using gyroscopes and accelerometers, the controller orients itself to the magnetic north, and senses the direction it is pointing.

-snip- 

The Wii remote also has a gyroscope and accelerometers.  that is how it hows when you move it and which direction it is orientated. It only uses the infrared sensor for when you are pointing at the screen to position the cursor.  It would be nice if they could get their information right before they explain how their product is so much better.

without developer support this device isn't anything more than an expensive paperweight. Motus will not be able to gather the kind of support nintendo can.

so NO.

kitler53 said:
without developer support this device isn't anything more than an expensive paperweight. Motus will not be able to gather the kind of support nintendo can.

so NO.

I've never even heard of them before, perhaps their support does not reach beyond their office corridors. I see this item getting as much support and love as Bush worldwide.

Yes.

And by yes I meant no.

C-C-C-Combo breaker!