By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Texas teen jailed after League of Legends argument

Do you agree with his punishment?

Yes - he deserves it for ... 27 15.88%

No - the authorities jumped the gun 143 84.12%

Total:170

Why would you post it on Facebook. Honestly now.

Around the Network

Over the top :/

Just imagine yourself being the one person who has to decide if you should react to that posting. You have no influence to what happens to the kid later, it's in someone elses hands, your only desicion is to ignore it or pass it on.

Would you want to be the one who ignored it?

Im pretty sure if the kid went on a killing spree nobody would make a petition for you.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

BasilZero said:

In-game dispute led to Facebook comments from 18-year-old referencing school shooting.

A Texas teenager has been jailed since March 27 over comments he made on Facebook after playing a League of Legends match. In February, an argument 18-year-old Justin Carter had with another League of Legends player spilled onto Facebook, where Carter made a comment referencing a school shooting.

“Someone had said something to the effect of 'Oh you're insane, you're crazy, you're messed up in the head,’" his father Jack Carter told Texas news station KVUE. "To which he replied 'Oh yeah, I'm real messed up in the head, I'm going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and JK."

He doesnt look like a psychopath at all...

...guess he just got a bit crazzy and the women from canada took things a bit too serious^^

Sad stroy... hope he gets out of prison... cant be a good place to be for a 18 year old nerd...

Be nice to see an update on this story

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Xen said:
People voting that he deserves it, what?
This is bullshit. I hope for the best for him.

I'll be honest I voted yes although I feel the punishment was a bit too much. The authorities jumped into it too much and rather than investigating and seeing who the suspect was they just threw him into jail and is thinking about a 8 year prison service which is EXTREME.

A small fine amount would of been sufficient. But the kid saying that was in the wrong though especially with what has been happening in the US lately.

A small fine? Are you being serious? I really hope you do not live in the US, because if you do it should be obvious to you that this kid should be GIVEN a large settlement for the government infringing on his rights. We have free speech here, it means we can say things others do not like, thats kind of the point. If free speech only protected speech that we all liked it would be pointless. This was obvisouly not a threat, there was no chance of harm like someone yelling "fire" in a crowded room, this is simply big brother being big brother.

My god the fact that there are this many people voting that the kid got what was coming to him is really making me lose faith in the posters in this site. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Sarcasm just doesn't translate through text. Stupid? Yes. Criminal? No.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto