By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My video game collection! do you collect? and if so what do you collect?

MasterVG71782 said:
Although I own a lot of the older systems, I seem to have mainly stuck to Sony throughout the years. My Playstation collect comprises most of my games, although I don't have either of the handhelds. Most of them are in boxes and stuff, since I don't have any room for myself (I live with my aunt at the moment) and I did take pics of them before, but I think they were on my old computer.

PS3 - Around 160 games (all retail)
PS2 - Around 180 games
PS1 - Around 115 games
PSN - Around 120 or so (I think)

I know I must have passed 700 total games nowadays across all of my systems.

I think im only around 300-350 across all my platforms 700 is heaps! nice work

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
That's a nice collection you got there!

Thanks mate :)

ps3-sales! said:
That.... is freakin awesome. I want that Last of Us edition with steelbook and full page comic book and, and, .......... @____@

ATM The Last of us statue is my pride and joy of the collection I cant stop playing that game lol.

BloodyRain said:
Damn, awesome. haha, bet you can't wait to add the ps4 to your collection. Do you have the ff13 white lightning ps3?

Awww yes I already have a spot for the PS4 to sit in lol cant wait!  Ive only got a special release white PS2 from japan id love 2 track down the ff13 PS3 :( but it costs alot of $$$$$.

wolfofthepack said:
sweet like the glass cases and everthing! the many diff colors of memory cards is kool

Id like to track down all of the original coloured Dual shocks to go with them but its proving to be a large pain 2 find them all lol.

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:

Nice collection. If only i had space to display mine like that. It's sort of like a Playstation Museum

I have about 250-300 games ranging back to NES all the way to PS Vita but miss out on alot of games currently. Most of my collection is Playstation or Nintendo but i also have some stuff from Sega too. 

Sega stuff is awesome ive seen a few collectors with sega gear but not 2 many, do you have much dreamcast stuff?

The Fury said:
That's impressive... and very well layed out. :P

My 'collection' is pathetic as it's not really one, I don't care about this gen's games, I don't find them classic enough and I guess only in about 15 years I might. I also not one for getting special editions.

That said, currenty buying up PS1 games I've never owned/played because back then I couldn't afford it. No way I can justfy paying £50 for Legend of Dragoon mind you but only other game that might push into the tens is Vib-Ribbon. I have Kurushi already.

Buying up PS1 games is how I kinda started collecting........lol watch out! you might not stop.

PScollector said:
the2real4mafol said:

Nice collection. If only i had space to display mine like that. It's sort of like a Playstation Museum

I have about 250-300 games ranging back to NES all the way to PS Vita but miss out on alot of games currently. Most of my collection is Playstation or Nintendo but i also have some stuff from Sega too. 

Sega stuff is awesome ive seen a few collectors with sega gear but not 2 many, do you have much dreamcast stuff?

Just 10 dreamcast games, nothing too special. But i have 2 controllers, a rumble pack and a vsu memory card. If i bothered to shop online i would have alot more but i managed to find what i have in a carboot sale. I also have saturn too, but nothing before that for Sega. They both have some really great games.  

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

PScollector said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Although I own a lot of the older systems, I seem to have mainly stuck to Sony throughout the years. My Playstation collect comprises most of my games, although I don't have either of the handhelds. Most of them are in boxes and stuff, since I don't have any room for myself (I live with my aunt at the moment) and I did take pics of them before, but I think they were on my old computer.

PS3 - Around 160 games (all retail)
PS2 - Around 180 games
PS1 - Around 115 games
PSN - Around 120 or so (I think)

I know I must have passed 700 total games nowadays across all of my systems.

I think im only around 300-350 across all my platforms 700 is heaps! nice work

I went kind of crazy with PS 1/2 games when I was in college, buying up almost anything and everything I saw an interest in.

PScollector said:
Michael-5 said:

I have a lot more games then you, but youre gettup is a lot fancier. I wouldn't want large statues, glass cases, and framed posters, but I do like how classy your set up is. Right now all my games are shelved on Ikea shelving, but in the future, when I own a house, I want to have a room in the basement where I have the shelving go directly into the wall.

As for what I collect, I collect games which I like. I've been playing games for over 20 years, and I've pretty much refined my tastes now. There isn't a specific collection, it's just games I like. I usually try to get all the games of my favorite franchises, but a lot of my favorite franchises have hit or miss games, and I don't want to own a bad game from a franchise I like, just because of the IP.

Looking at my collection, it's mostly JRPG's, and a lot of Nintendo/Sony games. I'm pretty big on Nintendo console games pre-Wii, and Nintendo handheld games, and I have to say my PS1/PS2/PSP collection is great. PS3 is pretty small because I switched to 360 primarily this gen, but it will grow when I buy a replacement PS3, and PS4 will dominate.

I have a couple figures too, but nothing big. A Yosgi Bobblehead, Gears of War figurine, but it's mostly just boxed games. I'm most proud of my N64/SNES/GBA/GBC collection, owning a boxed game just feels so much more special then owning a game which came in a DVD case.

Ive seen alot of Youtube video's that have custom room with the shelves built into the walls like you are talking about and people have installed down lights over the top and housed there collections in them and they look just amazing. I think half the fun of collecting is to make the collection look presentable, You can just walk in smile then sit down and play some games :) with pride. My house is getting built soon and im dedicating a back room just for me lol.

oo, lights would be cool, especially flood lights which are flat against the ceiling. When I get a house, well a permanent house, not just a starter home, I think I'll make a wall like that in the basement (less light). My GF loves books, so if I have the money I could make a small study for her, or I dunno. Wherever I put the games, I don't want them near the TV, it would be a bit distracting.

What I do now is keep my Ikea shelves at my parents with 90% of the games I own. About 10% I keep on a shelf near my TV, and they represent games I'm currently playing, or want to beat soon.

Yea, I have a lot of N64 and older games boxed and complete. If I sold everything on eBay, I would have about....I dunno, $15,000? I have about 500 games, $30 a game sounds fair since I have a bunch of 60-$150 games like Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, Tactics Ogre, Zelda, etc, but I also have a lot of $10 games too.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results