By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My video game collection! do you collect? and if so what do you collect?

Michael-5 said:

I have a lot more games then you, but youre gettup is a lot fancier. I wouldn't want large statues, glass cases, and framed posters, but I do like how classy your set up is. Right now all my games are shelved on Ikea shelving, but in the future, when I own a house, I want to have a room in the basement where I have the shelving go directly into the wall.

As for what I collect, I collect games which I like. I've been playing games for over 20 years, and I've pretty much refined my tastes now. There isn't a specific collection, it's just games I like. I usually try to get all the games of my favorite franchises, but a lot of my favorite franchises have hit or miss games, and I don't want to own a bad game from a franchise I like, just because of the IP.

Looking at my collection, it's mostly JRPG's, and a lot of Nintendo/Sony games. I'm pretty big on Nintendo console games pre-Wii, and Nintendo handheld games, and I have to say my PS1/PS2/PSP collection is great. PS3 is pretty small because I switched to 360 primarily this gen, but it will grow when I buy a replacement PS3, and PS4 will dominate.

I have a couple figures too, but nothing big. A Yosgi Bobblehead, Gears of War figurine, but it's mostly just boxed games. I'm most proud of my N64/SNES/GBA/GBC collection, owning a boxed game just feels so much more special then owning a game which came in a DVD case.

Ive seen alot of Youtube video's that have custom room with the shelves built into the walls like you are talking about and people have installed down lights over the top and housed there collections in them and they look just amazing. I think half the fun of collecting is to make the collection look presentable, You can just walk in smile then sit down and play some games :) with pride. My house is getting built soon and im dedicating a back room just for me lol.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network
novasonic said:
PScollector said:
novasonic said:
Nice collection. Very neatly displayed too! I have a pretty decent collection myself. Mostly Nintendo, but I have some decent Sega and Sony things as well. Around 27 consoles, 230 games, and various art books/figures/posters. You've got me beat on how nicely it's displayed though. By a long shot. I want to get one of those glass display cases to put some of my rarer stuff in.

If you want some of those display cases I picked them up from Ikea and there really cheap too :)

Oh, sweet! I had no idea Ikea had those. There's one no more than 10 minutes from my house. I was holding off 'cause I thought I'd have to pay an arm and a leg at some fancy store. I might have to make a trip to Ikea some time soon..

Here in Aus they sell them for around $120 each and they look great.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

That.... is freakin awesome. I want that Last of Us edition with steelbook and full page comic book and, and, .......... @____@

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

That's impressive... and very well layed out. :P

My 'collection' is pathetic as it's not really one, I don't care about this gen's games, I don't find them classic enough and I guess only in about 15 years I might. I also not one for getting special editions.

That said, currenty buying up PS1 games I've never owned/played because back then I couldn't afford it. No way I can justfy paying £50 for Legend of Dragoon mind you but only other game that might push into the tens is Vib-Ribbon. I have Kurushi already.

Hmm, pie.

Nice collection. If only i had space to display mine like that. It's sort of like a Playstation Museum

I have about 250-300 games ranging back to NES all the way to PS Vita but miss out on alot of games currently. Most of my collection is Playstation or Nintendo but i also have some stuff from Sega too. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

I don't have a collection, but once I finished college and finally have a well-paid job I might start one. I recently ordered the Platinum version of the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack as a Club Nintendo reward though (Germany, cost me 4850 points - 250 pts per registered game, 750 pts for registering a 3DS and 1000 pts for registering a WiiU) which seems to be sold for ~100€ in Germany and 80 - 300$ in the US. It's a start, I guess :D

Incredible collection sir. I hope to start my collection soon. Already have 200 ps3 games but I need to boost my ps2 collection up.

I'm jealous.. 90% of my collection is stored away.. (thanks honey)
only my Wii and PS3 are in the main livingroom with a few games.. not even all my Wii and Ps3 games.. -__-"

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

sweet like the glass cases and everthing! the many diff colors of memory cards is kool

PScollector said:
novasonic said:
PScollector said:
novasonic said:
Nice collection. Very neatly displayed too! I have a pretty decent collection myself. Mostly Nintendo, but I have some decent Sega and Sony things as well. Around 27 consoles, 230 games, and various art books/figures/posters. You've got me beat on how nicely it's displayed though. By a long shot. I want to get one of those glass display cases to put some of my rarer stuff in.

If you want some of those display cases I picked them up from Ikea and there really cheap too :)

Oh, sweet! I had no idea Ikea had those. There's one no more than 10 minutes from my house. I was holding off 'cause I thought I'd have to pay an arm and a leg at some fancy store. I might have to make a trip to Ikea some time soon..

Here in Aus they sell them for around $120 each and they look great.

Yeah, I just checked online. They're $80 in Canada, and my store has 20 something in stock. The girlfriend is not going to be impressed but I'm so getting one of these.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m