By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Titanfall is an Xbox One Exclusive

UltimateUnknown said:
binary solo said:
That "We're a small team and need to focus" comment would sound legit if the game really was XB One exclusive, but developing for the X360+PC+XB One sounds like a a pretty big ask. And given the similarities between PS4 and XB one hardware-wise I would think XB One+PS4 would be easier than XB One and X360.

I don't care that MS bought exclusivity, it's a legit business strategy. But I wish developers would cut the bullshit with trying to give any reason other than that they were paid to keep it in the [in this case] MS family. Just say MS wanted a great exclusive FPS experience for its new console and they brought us on board to deliver it.

You nailed it right in the head. You can smell BS from a mile away. There is absolutely no problem with this game being exclusive to the MS consoles. It needs no justification for it not being on PS4. MS paid them to make it exclusive just as they invest money on 343 Studios to make exclusive Halo games. No one complains about them and no one should complain about this, since if Sony wanted the game real bad they could have also paid to make it exclusive.

What I don't like is when devs try to make up all this other BS to try and "justify" the game being an exclusive when it is really just a business decision. That said, if this is just a timed exclusive, then MS really dropped the ball once again.

whats bs about wanting to be focused?  assasin creed as what 1000 people working on it?  how many people at respawn.

Around the Network

All I'm reading is a bunch of whining. If you want to play Titanfall then get an Xbox One, play the inferior version on the 360, or build a PC. Maybe in the future you might be able to play on PS4. Get over it.

JerCotter7 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Well this thread is full of whining. Color me surprised.

Looks like a great game! I'll be buying it day 1 for X1. The other version(s) are not made by Respawn (from what I understand) but if you all are going to buy one of the other versions yay for you. For the people whining about it not being on PS4 and how it may or may not come to PS4 and MSFT being so evil because they may or may not have paid for exclusive rights get over it. It's a game. Buy it or don't buy it and move on with your life.  If it comes to sony platforms later on yippee.

Is respawn not making the PC version either? Thought they would since it's so similar to the xbone. 

Also what happens to it on pc? Is it going to be steam because of the source engine? Or origin because of EA? Or GFWL because of MS and Azzure? If that is still alive when it releases. I'll probably pick it up on Steam or Origin once it's on sale since it has no campaign. It does look like a fun game.

I have no clue to be honest.  We will have to wait for them to confirm what is going on.  As far as I know Respawn is only making the X1 version.  The other version is from a different company without cloud.  But my guess would be Origin since it is an EA game.  

Hmm thanks for posting this OP. I will get this on PC.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
VGKing said:
Because Microsoft payed for it. Obviously. The whole "cloud" argument becomes useless when you see its also coming to Xbox 360 and PC. Besides, the Azure servers can be used for any platform, even PS3/PS4 if the developers pay for them.

The other platforms also get access to MS's cloud for Titanfall.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Carl2291 said:
Why it isnt an Xbox One exclusive - Its on PC and Xbox 360

Seriously, the game looks good but this exclusive shit needs to stop on multiplats.

Well, they could call it a microsoft exclusive I guess...  I just think everybody is so focused on the next gen right now that they really arent even considering the current gen anymore...

Not really, I don't think Microsoft gets any royalties on PC games.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

JerCotter7 said:

Sony moneyhat GT? Sony own PD and GT.

Owning a studio is, like, the ultimate moneyhat.

gergroy said:

Well, if you want to be technical, both battlefield and medal of honor existed before call of duty.  Call of duty was actually activisions answer to medal of honor/ ea.  activision actually poached the medal of honor team from ea to do call of duty, you know them as infinity ward.  

also, ea has plenty of cultural phenomena games, fifa, madden, the sims, need for speed, etc.

Activision probably does do a better job of marketing their big games, but most of their games they just kind of throw out there.  I think EA has a more well rounded approach to marketing.  

So you see how the magic of Activision works huh? They know how to turn games into something HUGE.

Fifa = Sports Game. Yes, EA has done a good job with the license but its not comparable to what we're talking about. EA didn't invent soccer as far as I know.
The Sims = Not that big. It's actually a pretty niche franchise. According to VgChartz numbers, every since the original Sims, the franchise has gone downhill in terms of sales.
Need For Speed = Not that big. There are much bigger franchises than Need For Speed such as Gran Turismo or Forza.

EA is the one who just throws games out there. FUSE is a perfect example of that. The few original IP they have such as Dead Space they send out to die instead of growing them into massive IP. Mass Effect is another IP which has so much potential but is being mishandled by EA.

Battlefield thing is the biggest thing EA has going for it if you exclude FIFA and that's just their answer to Call of Duty. Pretty soon I expect them to do a Skylanders clone. Disney is already doing it, it's only a matter of time until EA trieds to enter this market.

So basically EA are copycats, not innovaters. That's my point. That's probably why I don't own any EA games. There's always something better out there.

J_Allard said:
VGKing said:
Because Microsoft payed for it. Obviously. The whole "cloud" argument becomes useless when you see its also coming to Xbox 360 and PC. Besides, the Azure servers can be used for any platform, even PS3/PS4 if the developers pay for them.

The other platforms also get access to MS's cloud for Titanfall.

That's what I said. The cloud isn't some sort of Xbox exclusive feature. Any game can use dedictated servers on any platform. 

VGKing said:

Activsion is much better than EA at marketing their games and turning them into cultural phenomena.
EA pretty much are just copycats.

EA's answer to Tony Hawk = Skate
Guitar Hero = Rockband
Call of Duty = Battelfield(they tried with Medal of Honor but it didn't take)

EA just has too many games to market while Activison focuses on a few select few.

Both publishers do a phenomenal job of incrementally updating franchises and eventually running them into the ground. EA at least tries to spread around a bit. Activision focuses on what can make them the most money and just hammers away at it until nothing is left and then they move on. They are like the aliens from Independence Day.

By the way, your CoD part is hilarious considering

a. Both Battlefield and Medal of Honor came before Call of Duty
b. Infinity Ward, the team that made Call of Duty, was comprised entirely of people from the team that made MoH: Allied Assault. The game that really put Medal of Honor on the map.