By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Proll to stop fanboy topics with false/delusional arguments (in collaboration with RolStoppable)

VGChartz mods should

Ban fake/desilusional fanboy topics 78 50.65%

Authorized all and everything ? 48 31.17%

Results 28 18.18%

Total:154

I think it's a forum for people to discuss ANY topic reated to games (this is a games website is it not?) and  unless a topic is initmidating, threatening or is used to degrade other users it is all good. I don't care if you post Playstation is bestest or Xbox rulez because.... or Join the PC mazter race etc. You absolutely are not forced to read or respond to them.

In fact, I would argue that bitching about such topics is as bad as posting them, if there was such a thing as them being bad. I even had the choice of either not voting or even participating in the discussion which I could do for ANY posting on these forums.

Oh and BTW your example of whether DRM was good or bad is as valid a topic as you'll find on these or any discussion forum. That topic absolutley had to do with EVERY gamer and the overall directiojn of the industry.... SO if you really would like to make a valid argument perhaps you could start by usign appropriate examples.

Around the Network
F0X said:
RolStoppable said:
F0X said:
What's a "proll"? A poll troll?

An uncultivated person.

Huh. I thought that was a "prole".

A Google search tell me that "proll" means "to rob or plunder", which I guess makes sense in this context. I'm okay with robbing and plundering threads as if I'm a Viking warrior ransacking a monastic commune.

who's "uncultivated" now RolStoppable ?

I'm not sure if its the same, but i too have seen plenty of dramatic and skewed thread titles in order to get atention. I think the N4G artile titles are miss-educating our members here.
With that said, im pretty sure you cant call other members fanboys on these forums, so you might be moderated yourself. Be prepared for it.

Nem said:

I'm not sure if its the same, but i too have seen plenty of dramatic and skewed thread titles in order to get atention. I think the N4G artile titles are miss-educating our members here.
With that said, im pretty sure you cant call other members fanboys on these forums, so you might be moderated yourself. Be prepared for it.

I thought after the poll on what people though about VGmoderation and lots of people saying it's too hard and close to censorship, it was authorized. 

Fanboy as discrediting call to a specific member I can agree, but "fanboys" in general which do exist as a category of person/public shouldn't be censored.

Because they are the one doing what you say : miss-educating members by tarnishing the debate in brigging completely biased and non-sensical, if not completely false and countrary to the reality, topics.

Discussing any topic != continuous bashing + mindless company whoreshipping

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
blublibla said:
F0X said:

Huh. I thought that was a "prole".

A Google search tell me that "proll" means "to rob or plunder", which I guess makes sense in this context. I'm okay with robbing and plundering threads as if I'm a Viking warrior ransacking a monastic commune.

who's "uncultivated" now RolStoppable ?

I am a master Proll, you are an apprentice Proll.

You are such a Panboy.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Because this site doesn't already have strict enough rules as it is....

I'm for rational discussions as much as the next guy, but you're taking away a very fun aspect of this site if you truly want to ban them. :(

ithis said:
blublibla said:

I'm okay with "Wii U : Angry Bird review", "Most anticipated Kinnect games" and other news topic.

I'm okay with "debate" or "questionning" topic when it is neutral and uses enough fact to make a point.

BUT I'm freaking tired of seing completely stupid and desillusionned topics like "Wii U will outself Gamecube or PS4", "Xbox has had the best E3 nominations" and then "Sony has had the best E3 nominations" or "Why used-games are bad for you"...

I think that, like on IGN or Neogaf, topics should be more factual and neutral. I mean it's okay to have topic like "Best Xbox One/PS4 exclusives coming" or "Xbox One services are great" but not "Why Xbox One will outsell PS4" WHICH is completely effin FALSE by all accounts, numbers and surveys

Several years ago there were "completely stupid and desillusionned topics" about how the PS3 will sell more than the XBox360, even though at that time the accounts, numbers and surveys were all saying something different.

That doesn't count.

Lets make this site so one sided that no one will come. Good Idea.

blublibla said:

I'm okay with "Wii U : Angry Bird review", "Most anticipated Kinnect games" and other news topic.

I'm okay with "debate" or "questionning" topic when it is neutral and uses enough fact to make a point.

BUT I'm freaking tired of seing completely stupid and desillusionned topics like "Wii U will outself XBone or PS4", "Xbox has had the best E3 nominations" and then "Sony has had the best E3 nominations" or "Why used-games are bad for you"...

I think that, like on IGN or Neogaf, topics should be more factual and neutral. I mean it's okay to have topic like "Best Xbox One/PS4 exclusives coming" or "Xbox One services are great" but not "Why Xbox One will outsell PS4" WHICH is completely effin FALSE by all accounts, numbers and surveys

UPDATE : Note that I mention actual topics, so it's not directed toward one console or the other. But when you're calling your topic "Wii U is a complete success" or "PS4 has the best exclusives" or "Xbox One DRM are so fricking good for consumers", in all these case these are mind/debate polluting topics with completely false arguments.

UPDATE 2 : As of now, the votes speak more than the people replying : we don't need the kind of paid journalist and PR propaganda bullshit and a forum, in fact I suspect that like on any forum these completely biased and false arguments are made by paid posters (they exist on every websites).

All opinions.

I liked the DRM policies

meet Xbox One advertising. LOl

s