By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Proll to stop fanboy topics with false/delusional arguments (in collaboration with RolStoppable)

VGChartz mods should

Ban fake/desilusional fanboy topics 78 50.65%

Authorized all and everything ? 48 31.17%

Results 28 18.18%

Total:154
Barozi said:
I would agree with the central statement of the OP
I don't agree with your examples
I can't take you serious as you've broken your self proclaimed rules several times already

Maybe I work at the CIA. Maybe I'm doing this poll with seemingly acceptable arguments mixed with false exemples to make people vote the right to post false or biased threads and so I can secure a rule that authorizes me to do so?

Around the Network
ithis said:

Several years ago there were "completely stupid and desillusionned topics" about how the PS3 will sell more than the XBox360, even though at that time the accounts, numbers and surveys were all saying something different.

No, that wasn't the situation.

The situation was the argument kept being made that "this year" the PS3 would outsell the Xbox 360 in lifetime sales.  And this went on for years.  Every year, the Sony faithful would exault the "Year of the PS3" and it never happened.

I find some of the threads, regardless of the console, a bit over the top, but one can make a prediction thread and make a reasonable argument based on how they feel the market will go over a period of time.  But threads where someone just throws a spitball up on the wall and hope it sticks really need to go.

It'd also be nice if the heavily biased, inaccurate posts/threads ceased, but that isn't going to happen either.  Crowd-sourcing content has its downfall and that is the crowd can bring in some really poor content.

blublibla said:
F0X said:
What's this about banning people for holding unpopular opinions?

A little dissent is great way to motivate the majority to take action, I say.

Wait, that's not about banning people, but topic.

That's not about unpopular opinion, but opinions that are outright biased it becomes annoying OR even presenting false numbers or questions.

Interesting. But I think I'd rather maintain the status quo, because such topics amuse me far more often then they annoy me. An argument I can pick apart with a single post is my favorite kind of argument.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Adinnieken said:
ithis said:

Several years ago there were "completely stupid and desillusionned topics" about how the PS3 will sell more than the XBox360, even though at that time the accounts, numbers and surveys were all saying something different.

The situation was the argument kept being made that "this year" the PS3 would outsell the Xbox 360 in lifetime sales.  And this went on for years.  Every year, the Sony faithful would exault the "Year of the PS3" and it never happened.

I find some of the threads, regardless of the console, a bit over the top, but one can make a prediction thread and make a reasonable argument based on how they feel the market will go over a period of time.  But threads where someone just throws a spitball up on the wall and hope it sticks really need to go.

It'd also be nice if the heavily biased, inaccurate posts/threads ceased, but that isn't going to happen either.  Crowd-sourcing content has its downfall and that is the crowd can bring in some really poor content.

Well, to be fair, kinect really threw a monkey wrench into those predictions. While kinect should've been factored in with those predictions, not many expected just how many consoles it had the power to sell. It was quite a bit, probably even far surpassing MS' own expectations.

Adinnieken said:
ithis said:

FUCKING THIS

Around the Network

Haha, love the title change!

What's a "proll"? A poll troll?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Has a "Stop doing X" thread ever worked? If not, is there any reason to believe they'll start working now?

hell no, i want to keep on prolling!

blublibla said

BUT I'm freaking tired of seing completely stupid and desillusionned topics like "Wii U will outself XBone or PS4", "Xbox has had the best E3 nominations" and then "Sony has had the best E3 nominations" or "Why used-games are bad for you"...

I think that, like on IGN or Neogaf, topics should be more factual and neutral. I mean it's okay to have topic like "Best Xbox One/PS4 exclusives coming" or "Xbox One services are great" but not "Why Xbox One will outsell PS4" WHICH is completely effin FALSE by all accounts, numbers and surveys

Tell me, how is this thread expected to be taken seriously?