By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Proll to stop fanboy topics with false/delusional arguments (in collaboration with RolStoppable)

VGChartz mods should

Ban fake/desilusional fanboy topics 78 50.65%

Authorized all and everything ? 48 31.17%

Results 28 18.18%

Total:154

Bro the numbers here maybe theoretical but the Forum mods do try their best, even with those types of articles. I mean have you seen N4G? lol!

Around the Network

So you'll stop making threads in the Nintendo section?

blublibla said:

UPDATE : Note that I mention actual topics, so it's not directed toward one console or the other. But when you're calling your topic "Wii U is a complete success" or "PS4 has the best exclusives" or "Xbox One DRM are so fricking good for consumers", in all these case these are mind/debate polluting topics with completely false arguments.

Yess, burn the heretics, don't let them polute the minds of the faitfull.

You know, this would work if there would be an allknowing entity that would make the banning. But since no such entity will bother to be a mod on this site, we are left with unknowing humans to judge. Now ofcourse, this site is private and a mod can do whatever it pleases and ioi can close the thing down if he likes, but will that help the site be better? I don't think so.

So basically, you are upset with people that actually like the x1 and think that i can be successful? The hypocrisy of this thread is great young padawan...

theprof00 said:
Seeing as how all our threads are just taken from ign or Gaf, you should probably tell them first.

Around the Network
ithis said:
blublibla said:

UPDATE : Note that I mention actual topics, so it's not directed toward one console or the other. But when you're calling your topic "Wii U is a complete success" or "PS4 has the best exclusives" or "Xbox One DRM are so fricking good for consumers", in all these case these are mind/debate polluting topics with completely false arguments.

Yess, burn the heretics, don't let them polute the minds of the faitfull.

You know, this would work if there would be an allknowing entity that would make the banning. But since no such entity will bother to be a mod on this site, we are left with unknowing humans to judge. Now ofcourse, this site is private and a mod can do whatever it pleases and ioi can close the thing down if he likes, but will that help the site be better? I don't think so.

That's because of this kind of weak mentality, that there is corruption in the world. I'm talking about facts and even numbers.

Unless you believe these to be of the domain of entities, of course you can state all the bullshit you want like "Dreamcast oversold PS2", "the first XBox was the best first-gen", "PSone was more powerful than Gamecube"...

Neogaf is such a successful forum for exemple because it doesn't allow lies and bullshit like these.

gergroy said:
So basically, you are upset with people that actually like the x1 and think that i can be successful? The hypocrisy of this thread is great young padawan...

I'm okay with people liking the Xbox One, I'm okay with them telling that it could be successful which I have no idea wether it will be or not.

I'm talking about arguments like "DRM is good for you", "Graphic DDR3 is more powerful than graphic GDDR5"...

These are LIES, and we already have enough paid journalist and PR do this kind of bullshit propaganda

blublibla said:

That's because of this kind of weak mentality, that there is corruption in the world. I'm talking about facts and even numbers.

Unless you believe these to be of the domain of entities, of course you can state all the bullshit you want like "Dreamcast oversold PS2", "the first XBox was the best first-gen", "PSone was more powerful than Gamecube"...

Neogaf is such a successful forum for exemple because it doesn't allow lies and bullshit like these.

There's a difference between lying about known things (ex. Dreamcast outsold PS2) and trying to support an oppinion that is counter to the current belief or evidence (ex. "Why Xbox One will outsell PS4").

Even if some things said in "Why Xbox One will outsell PS4" are verifiably not true, I am sure there are other things that are verifyebly true. Plus there is the self evident thing that nobody knows the future, so one can't say either way. Your initial rant about obviously false topics is itself an obviously false topic.

Also, GAF bans topics about/with information from a certain site because they "know" that the information there is certainly false, while we here know that that information is usually within the margin of error. :)

blublibla said:
gergroy said:

I'm okay with people liking the Xbox One, I'm okay with them telling that it could be successful which I have no idea wether it will be or not.

I'm talking about arguments like "DRM is good for you", "Graphic DDR3 is more powerful than graphic GDDR5"...

These are LIES, and we already have enough paid journalist and PR do this kind of bullshit propaganda

If they have reasons to support their thread, then there should be nothing wrong with it.  Obviously, drm being good or bad is a freaking opinion, and people are entitled to their own opinions.  

Looking at your op though, you are also not ok with somebody thinking that the x1 will out sell the ps4 or thinking the wii u will out sell the ps4 and x1.  

Basically, looking over your complaints, you are against people creating threads that express their opinion.  Especially if that opinion differs with yours.  However, it is ok to make threads about how people have no reason to buy an x1, for example, because you made it.

gergroy said:

If they have reasons to support their thread, then there should be nothing wrong with it.  Obviously, drm being good or bad is a freaking opinion, and people are entitled to their own opinions.  

Looking at your op though, you are also not ok with somebody thinking that the x1 will out sell the ps4 or thinking the wii u will out sell the ps4 and x1.  

Basically, looking over your complaints, you are against people creating threads that express their opinion.  Especially if that opinion differs with yours.  However, it is ok to make threads about how people have no reason to buy an x1, for example, because you made it.

He did? LOL