By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 strikes live TV deal with Time Warner Cable, promises 'up to 300 of the most popular channels' later this summer

Will keep my eye on this.

Wouldn't mind getting rid of Cablevision and picking up a 360 if it could replace most of what my fiance watches.

Still doesn't help me watch Baseball though. Stupid MLB.TV blacks out all NY games for me so I am still stuck with a stupid Cablevision sub.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Wouldn't mind getting rid of Cablevision and picking up a 360 if it could replace most of what my fiance watches.

Still doesn't help me watch Baseball though. Stupid MLB.TV blacks out all NY games for me so I am still stuck with a stupid Cablevision sub.

you would still need to pay for cable service. if its anything like the fios app though, it can replace a set top box (possibly saving you from 10-15 dollars a month depending on what you are chargedd for a cable box per month)

thranx said:
Euphoria14 said:

you would still need to pay for cable service. if its anything like the fios app though, it can replace a set top box (possibly saving you from 10-15 dollars a month depending on what you are chargedd for a cable box per month)

Yeah, you're right.

Fuck it then, lol. Looks like i'm still stuck with Cablevision. I pay a total of ~$95/month or something for Internet, Cable and Phone. I dragged my feet for so long about signing up that they threw me that deal for 2-years. Of course I took it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Whilst this seems cool to all of you, all it means to me is that the money I might spend (yes I might) on an X1 is subsidizing you fuckers over there so you can watch your yank tv shows.

hahaha

(Slight) Joking aside, if I was in the US and I had uncapped internet (yes I don't have) then this would be pretty darn cool to find out.

Mericun.

kowenicki said:
big.
disolitude said:
Thats crazy. In gaming circles this may be a non event, but in real world this would be bigger news than anything they showed at E3...

Obviously not TW customers.

I am. This means bunk. They already offer a phone app for this. All they are doing is putting it on Xb360/one...wow...revolutionary.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
Obviously not TW customers.

I am. This means bunk. They already offer a phone app for this. All they are doing is putting it on Xb360/one...wow...revolutionary.

So what your saying this app is already available in the market for smartphones and is not exclusive to the Xbox Live?

kowenicki said:

so its useless then?  ok.

Yes.

Why would I care about an app when I can just hit the input button on my remote and watch tv instead?

It makes sense on a phone or laptop. Not so much on the 360/One.

Makes no sense to do this. I already have a TWC cable box, TWC internet, and TWC phone. I don't need another cable box and on top of that a LIVE subscription to pay for what I already pay for lol.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

ehh not really big news another pay walled service that u can access for free else where... also only applicable to people with TWC already

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

dsgrue3 said:
kowenicki said:

so its useless then?  ok.

Yes.

Why would I care about an app when I can just hit the input button on my remote and watch tv instead?

It makes sense on a phone or laptop. Not so much on the 360/One.

it makes for a free cable box. pretty usefull to me. I have 2 rooms in my house without a cable box as i dont want to pay a monthly fee for each one. This will help me with that. So may not be usefull for everyone but some poeple will like it.