By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 strikes live TV deal with Time Warner Cable, promises 'up to 300 of the most popular channels' later this summer

Xbox Live Gold members might have yet another reason not to go outdoors this summer, as Microsoft has just detailed a new TWC TV app for launch in the next few months. Joining the console's existing HBO Go stream, Time Warner Cable subscribers will be able to watch AMC, BBC World News, Bravo, CNN, Comedy Central, Food Network and more through their Xbox 360, with Kinect controls to switch channels and more with a wave of your arms. The announcement also kindly reminds us that its incoming Xbox One will let users switch between live TV and gaming in an instant -- preorders are open now, folks!

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/28/xbox-360-twc-tv-app/

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

That's good to see. A move in the right direction really. Especially if your tv that your Xbox is hooked up to isn't the tv with your cable box.

Thats crazy. In gaming circles this may be a non event, but in real world this would be bigger news than anything they showed at E3...

disolitude said:
Thats crazy. In gaming circles this may be a non event, but in real world this would be bigger news than anything they showed at E3...

Now they need to make a special deal. Get an Xbox One + a subscription to TWC for XX USD.
Same with the NFL please.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Make Xbox a cable box itself. Thats the key to mass market adoption!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

tv tv tv tv.....

As a Xbox fan outside of US, I feel sad.....

zhao3gold said:
tv tv tv tv.....

As a Xbox fan outside of US, I feel sad.....

You do know all consoles take care of Home first.  Nintendo and Sony has been doing this for years so you can expect that MS will do this as well for their strongest terriority.

I'm not sure abount the current US stuff, but the 360 currently has Sky and Foxtel IPTV in UK and Aus respectively. My understanding is that MS may expand and add providers or channels and provide a cheaper xbox one with monthly plan which includes TV and gold sub. Along with the ton of other media services on xbox, this could be a winner.

I think Microsoft's goal is to make the Xbox 360 a cable box that service providers can use in the place of standard cable boxes. Then use it to pass through the Xbox One. Looking at the new Xbox 360 design, it can easily be mistaken for a cable box.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

awesome news. this is the kind of deals i was hoping for. if its an app it can be an on the xbox 1 too, and that mneans no need for a cabloe box! Have they expanded the verizon fios tv list since it was added? What kind of marketshare do Time Warner and Verizon Fios cover in the US? Do thewy have any other deals with other cable providers?