By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

 

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 247 61.44%
 
So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.23%
 
it sucks 22 5.47%
 
Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.23%
 
Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.48%
 
Meh 32 7.96%
 
Total:341

Light at the end of the tunnel: Ethereum is turning off mining in Q4 2021

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/n1nohz/light_at_the_end_of_the_tunnel_ethereum_is/

Of course, that is still quite far away and the question is, whether or not there will be a different coin that miners will cling on to.

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti SUPRIM X pictured

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-suprim-x-pictured

Intel’s Next-Gen 10nm ESF Based Sapphire Rapids Xeon CPU Die Shot Unveils MCM Design & Up To 80 Cores In 4 Chiplets

https://wccftech.com/intel-next-gen-sapphire-rapids-xeon-cpu-die-shot-unveils-mcm-design-up-to-80-cores-4-chiplets/

Looks like Intel started using their own glue now... Least this will bring some competition back into the Server space



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Light at the end of the tunnel: Ethereum is turning off mining in Q4 2021

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/n1nohz/light_at_the_end_of_the_tunnel_ethereum_is/

Of course, that is still quite far away and the question is, whether or not there will be a different coin that miners will cling on to.

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti SUPRIM X pictured

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-suprim-x-pictured

Intel’s Next-Gen 10nm ESF Based Sapphire Rapids Xeon CPU Die Shot Unveils MCM Design & Up To 80 Cores In 4 Chiplets

https://wccftech.com/intel-next-gen-sapphire-rapids-xeon-cpu-die-shot-unveils-mcm-design-up-to-80-cores-4-chiplets/

Looks like Intel started using their own glue now... Least this will bring some competition back into the Server space

At long last.. some relief from all the GPU shortages for actual end users. True there will be scalpers but prices will fall as miners will flood the market with a load of 2nd hand GPU's.



Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

New Halo Infinite PC 32:9 super ultrawide screenshots
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/new-halo-infinite-pc-329-super-ultrawide-screenshots/
343 Industries has released three new screenshots from the PC version of Halo Infinite, showcasing its 32:9 super ultrawide support. In addition, the team shared two images that show some of the game’s PC graphics settings.

Every time I see screenshots of this game, it makes me feel like there isn't going to be much of a difference between the demo we saw last year and when the game actually comes out. Happy to be wrong though.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it will be a looker. But that doesn't mean that it can't be a great game.

Captain_Yuri said:

Light at the end of the tunnel: Ethereum is turning off mining in Q4 2021

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/n1nohz/light_at_the_end_of_the_tunnel_ethereum_is/

Of course, that is still quite far away and the question is, whether or not there will be a different coin that miners will cling on to.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:

As a consumer, I'd rather have steam take 30% and continue to have a store that actually functions instead of the half arse attempt that Epic and Microsoft has made on their stores. There's a large and ever growing list that shows the difference in features that steam has. Not to mention, we have seen developers not give any discounts when the store front takes less of a cut. So as a consumer, I couldn't care less.

Now if Microsoft or Epic or anyone else has a store that isn't terrible that has competitive features as steam does while only taking 12%, then I'd be more considerate.

I just saw this just today, and my heart sank a lil.

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/news/artstation-is-now-part-of-epic-games

I've always loved using Art station for years, especially when it came to looking and studying from artists I admire. Seeing Epic just buying up shit left and right like this just makes me wonder who's the one forming the monopoly here.

Valve bought out Santo, Epic bought out Fall guys and RL dev studios, multiple render tech firms and now Artstation, an entire site dedicated to detailed and high class art. Artstation is big in the art world, it's one of the few sites that artists link for their general portfolios to companies and customers alike. This is a big get for them.

Seriously, who's the one trying to build an encompassing empire?.



Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

As a consumer, I'd rather have steam take 30% and continue to have a store that actually functions instead of the half arse attempt that Epic and Microsoft has made on their stores. There's a large and ever growing list that shows the difference in features that steam has. Not to mention, we have seen developers not give any discounts when the store front takes less of a cut. So as a consumer, I couldn't care less.

Now if Microsoft or Epic or anyone else has a store that isn't terrible that has competitive features as steam does while only taking 12%, then I'd be more considerate.

I just saw this just today, and my heart sank a lil.

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/news/artstation-is-now-part-of-epic-games

I've always loved using Art station for years, especially when it came to looking and studying from artists I admire. Seeing Epic just buying up shit left and right like this just makes me wonder who's the one forming the monopoly here.

Valve bought out Santo, Epic bought out Fall guys and RL dev studios, multiple render tech firms and now Artstation, an entire site dedicated to detailed and high class art. Artstation is big in the art world, it's one of the few sites that artists link for their general portfolios to companies and customers alike. This is a big get for them.

Seriously, who's the one trying to build an encompassing empire?.

Yea Epic Games is basically trying their hardest to get a foothold in the PC market but it's pretty clear that so far, outside of Fortnite, it's been largely failing. (Thank You Apple for showing their financials)

The reason why I like Steam is because they have consistently proven themselves to be one of the better companies for PC gaming. They added things like family sharing, like cloud saves, like native controller support with a wide variety of controllers, like mod support and the list goes on.

Once up on a time, PC gaming looked pretty grim. A large number of companies were singing the PC gaming is doomed song and Epic was part of that club. But thanks to Valve and a few other companies/influencers, PC gaming is now one of the best places to play games. And now, you see Epic doing a 180 and trying to look like they are the good guys when in reality, they would abandon PC gaming in a heartbeat if they had a choice. Ironically, MS did the same a long time ago.

It's why I haven't bought a single game on EGS and I only use Windows Store for Gamepass. People forget that it was Valve that did the grunt work that made them the success they are today while bringing back PC gaming from a bad era and now they are reaping the rewards. Meanwhile you have companies like Epic Games trying to skip the grunt work and baiting people into thinking they are the better company. For me though who has seen all the nonsense that PC gaming had to go through from these companies that couldn't care less, it's a solid no thanks. In the end, we all know what happens when publishers try their own thing on PC...



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network

Looks like the statement from 4A Games (Metro Exodus) about AMD's Super Resolution was a bit off and they've had to clarify it:

https://wccftech.com/amd-super-resolution-isnt-compatible-with-metro-exodus-enhanced-rendering-techniques-and-wont-be-added-to-the-game/

[UPDATE] The official FAQ deleted the answer mentioned in the original story below. As soon we learned this, we contacted 4A Games to get a clarification on the matter. Here's the statement we just received in its entirety:

4A Games has not evaluated the AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution feature for Metro Exodus at this time. In our FAQ, we were referring to the AMD FidelityFX open source image quality toolkit which targets traditional rendering techniques that our new RT only render does not use, and noting that we have our own Temporal Reconstruction tech implemented natively which provides great quality benefits for all hardware, so do not currently plan to utilize any other toolkits.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea Epic Games is basically trying their hardest to get a foothold in the PC market but it's pretty clear that so far, outside of Fortnite, it's been largely failing. (Thank You Apple for showing their financials)

The reason why I like Steam is because they have consistently proven themselves to be one of the better companies for PC gaming. They added things like family sharing, like cloud saves, like native controller support with a wide variety of controllers, like mod support and the list goes on.

Once up on a time, PC gaming looked pretty grim. A large number of companies were singing the PC gaming is doomed song and Epic was part of that club. But thanks to Valve and a few other companies/influencers, PC gaming is now one of the best places to play games. And now, you see Epic doing a 180 and trying to look like they are the good guys when in reality, they would abandon PC gaming in a heartbeat if they had a choice. Ironically, MS did the same a long time ago.

It's why I haven't bought a single game on EGS and I only use Windows Store for Gamepass. People forget that it was Valve that did the grunt work that made them the success they are today while bringing back PC gaming from a bad era and now they are reaping the rewards. Meanwhile you have companies like Epic Games trying to skip the grunt work and baiting people into thinking they are the better company. For me though who has seen all the nonsense that PC gaming had to go through from these companies that couldn't care less, it's a solid no thanks. In the end, we all know what happens when publishers try their own thing on PC...

Wait, Apple legally got Epic to disclose all the financials?. I thought EG was the one that showed that off? (I might be thinking of their 2020 fiscal).

I know there have been times when Steam did some stupid shit (like getting with bethesda for paid mods), but for the longest time, they've been there for the platform. They started out when Epic left us to rot for years and well, kinda became *a* home for PC gaming, and as a result, it's where a good chunk of gamers go to.

I personally cannot and likely will not get over the fact that Epic just flat out dropped us like a two-bit whore. I still have the sites bookmarked, from the days when Epic blamed PC for piracy, not being worth a damn, mocking us when they were making gears, and that still stings, because they were once known for making a great game called UT, and they've since then forgotten that IP exists (like some rag on Valve for not making a new HL, but WHERE THE FUCK IS MY UT!?. They even ditched the UT they were working on when Fornite hit the big leagues).

I dunno how or why, but I can't shake off the feeling that Epic is that boyfriend that slaps and mistreats his girl, leaves her for some other gal, then comes back when things don't work out, and people cheer for the abuse boyfriend coming back. Are people easily forgiving? (quite possibly in some cases), maybe, but it just feels wrong, that they've come back, only to buy their way to success, ignoring the previous generation of customers they abandoned and mocked all those yrs, and just trying to pass off like they care (when they don't, because they're literally buying their way to success, and trying to step all over those who actually worked to get to where they are, or buying them outright).

Ngl, but I was actually a bit hype for OG fornite. I remember waiting 6 years, 6 LONG YEARS, for that thing to come out (because I love tower defence style games, and what OG FN was doing seemed like a nice new mix-up). It comes out, lacklustre af and Tencent straight up tells them to copy another game they themselves were fostering (Tencent has stakes in PubG), and boom, OG Fornite gets put to the backseat, and a new mode that's got a limited timestamp shows up (I really do think BR as a concept is a limited timespan genre. I just don't see it outliving SP or even co-op and default PVP game modes, because people will get tired of BR someday, just like RTS and Mobas, and now MMO's).

I would have bought into their stuff and store, had they not gone about this in the worst way imaginable. Like if they'd used those billions earned to put it back into R&D and funding devs with no strings attached, I'd be here singing praise. They didn't though, and they came back to the market without so much as an apology for openly mocking the platform (seriously, PC gets mocked so easily by journos, console folk and publishers, yet consoles hardly get much flak for merely existing as closed boxes).



JEMC said:

Looks like the statement from 4A Games (Metro Exodus) about AMD's Super Resolution was a bit off and they've had to clarify it:

https://wccftech.com/amd-super-resolution-isnt-compatible-with-metro-exodus-enhanced-rendering-techniques-and-wont-be-added-to-the-game/

[UPDATE] The official FAQ deleted the answer mentioned in the original story below. As soon we learned this, we contacted 4A Games to get a clarification on the matter. Here's the statement we just received in its entirety:

4A Games has not evaluated the AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution feature for Metro Exodus at this time. In our FAQ, we were referring to the AMD FidelityFX open source image quality toolkit which targets traditional rendering techniques that our new RT only render does not use, and noting that we have our own Temporal Reconstruction tech implemented natively which provides great quality benefits for all hardware, so do not currently plan to utilize any other toolkits.

Okay, now they put it into that perspective, I can understand as to why they wouldn't bother with it. Makes sense. 



Captain_Yuri said:

Intel’s Next-Gen 10nm ESF Based Sapphire Rapids Xeon CPU Die Shot Unveils MCM Design & Up To 80 Cores In 4 Chiplets

https://wccftech.com/intel-next-gen-sapphire-rapids-xeon-cpu-die-shot-unveils-mcm-design-up-to-80-cores-4-chiplets/

Looks like Intel started using their own glue now... Least this will bring some competition back into the Server space

Nope, they are just using leftover TIM that they couldn't use on CPUs for that



Seems I'm the only one unbothered by Epic so far. Ironic given I didn't like them not too long ago either, but right now? Steam is out, consoles are out, GOG is out, Windows Store is out (and Humble is just a key distributor, you can't download from servers they own), so the only store I have left is Epic. Their catalog is half decent and while I don't have short term memory, what choice do I have? The days of independent distribution are over, so I can't cherry pick my catalog anymore.

In my opinion, maybe this can be a cautionary tale for them like it was for MSFT. If Epic can pull off their own turnaround, then I might just side with them, not to mention they want to pry open the iOS ecosystem, which I'm eleventy billion percent behind, especially after realizing how much better and superior to every phone a jailbroken iPhone truly is.

If only Sileo became a game storefront for PC Gaming *sniffs*



Epic was right all along...