By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Intel 11th Gen Core “Rocket Lake-S” pre-orders on March 16th, reviews two weeks later

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-11th-gen-core-rocket-lake-s-pre-orders-on-march-16th-reviews-two-weeks-later

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 3DMark and Superposition Performance leaked

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-3dmark-and-superposition-performance-leaked

While the performance looks to be around a 2060 Super, also remember that this is with pre-release drivers. But this does mean the performance gap between a 3060 and 3060 Ti is quite large.

HP Inc. to Acquire HyperX

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/02/24/2181472/0/en/HP-Inc-to-Acquire-HyperX.html

Cyberpunk Patch 1.2 Delayed Due to Cyberattack

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 24 February 2021

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I hope the 3060's real performance is better than that, because it's lackluster.

I haven't used any HyperX products, but they seem to be a competent brand, I hope HP allows them to keep selling it's own products.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

AMD to announce Radeon RX 6700 XT on March 3rd

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-to-announce-radeon-rx-6700-xt-on-march-3rd

Good old announcement of an announcement

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

^And with little to no supply, if things don't change.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Least the theoretical performance is going to be interesting!

If I had to guess

3070 > 6700 XT > 3060 Ti > 6700 > 3060

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

That ^

Also, I think it's not impossible that they realized that under 5th edition rules, much of what was Bloodlines would be impossible without breaking the new rules in major ways. 5th edition of V:TM is much more unforgiving and the increases in power much lower compared to previous editions, also the hunger is much, much greater than it was before.

Would they stick to the core rules, then Bloodlines 2 would be more akin to a survival horror game with a constant need to hide and feed.

Don't know much about VTM 5e rules, never actually played P&P version, just read 2e...I think...it was long, long time ago. I liked the system, but never got around playing it - not likely I will be soon, as per usual, my current table is into fantasy (with me trying to hack apart DnD 5e is into classless "XP buys everything" like some folks did back with 3e with "Buy the Numbers" and "Complete Control"...that is, until I realise it's a fools errand (especially with such a weak system) and I finally throw them into something like GURPS Fantasy, RuneQuest or Harnmaster).

I didn't play 5e because of all the changes made it very unpleasant for us.

Everyone is severely nerfed.

You need blood much, much more often than before, as your hunger rises fast and the beast is coming out faster from hunger, too.

They completely changed almost all bloodlines they didn't kill off, and even some major clans. The bloodlines now are practically indistinguishable from their parent clan, so there's no reason to play any bloodline over the parent clan anymore. In fact, that was the plan, and since bloodlines have been effectively degraded to mere lore, the system is de facto dead. Which makes the mere name of the game Bloodlines 2 an artifact to begin with, since there are no Bloodlines anymore.

The Giovanni, the Followers of Set and the Assamites also got completely retooled:

1. The Giovanni got mashed up with all the other necromantic clans like the Cappadocians and the Samedi into one single group called the Hecate, with all the same disciplines, compulsion and weakness.
  2. The Assamites became the Clan Banu Haqim, so yet another retool for them. They are now something more akin to what the Aztecs did in central America, being basically fanatic cultists with blood offerings. Also, they joined the Caramilla, which really doesn't fit with their backstory.
  3. The followers of Set became the Ministry for no apparent reason. And they joined the Anarchs, meaning the Hecate are the only independent clan left.

FBI, NSA, Scotland Yard, etc... now very well that Vampires, Werewolves and so on exist, so the Masquerade is almost non-existant. They fund the Society of Leopold now so that group went from a ragtag bunch of fanatics to a military superpower hunting vampires down relentlessly. As a result, you need to hide even more and better than before.

Sabbat went from equal to the Caramilla to almost nonexistant apart from the middle east, and the Lasombra left the Sabbat for the Camarilla (which again doesn't really make any sense with the backstory); instead the Anarchs suddenly are a powerhouse again.

The only good thing they added is that thinbloods now also have some advantages, coming close to being Daywalkers now.

Captain_Yuri said:

Least the theoretical performance is going to be interesting!

If I had to guess

3070 > 6700 XT > 3060 Ti > 6700 > 3060

I expect the 6700 to be pretty close to the 3060Ti since the 5700XT ain't much weaker than that card, and the 6700XT to get relatively close to the 3070 (all pure rasterization) since the 6800 is somewhat higher than the 3070 in rasterization without DLSS.

Looks like some retailers are already revealing their prices for 3060 here, and... it's not looking pretty. The prices seem to be starting from 469 € or so. At those prices, I'm not that worried about stock anymore. At that price, I don't really care about the card anymore because that's just insane. (Obviously I hope the prices come down, but then we'll be stuck at the stock issue again - and there will probably be stock issues even at the current price.)

Bofferbrauer2 said:

I didn't play 5e because of all the changes made it very unpleasant for us.

Everyone is severely nerfed.

You need blood much, much more often than before, as your hunger rises fast and the beast is coming out faster from hunger, too.

They completely changed almost all bloodlines they didn't kill off, and even some major clans. The bloodlines now are practically indistinguishable from their parent clan, so there's no reason to play any bloodline over the parent clan anymore. In fact, that was the plan, and since bloodlines have been effectively degraded to mere lore, the system is de facto dead. Which makes the mere name of the game Bloodlines 2 an artifact to begin with, since there are no Bloodlines anymore.

The Giovanni, the Followers of Set and the Assamites also got completely retooled:

1. The Giovanni got mashed up with all the other necromantic clans like the Cappadocians and the Samedi into one single group called the Hecate, with all the same disciplines, compulsion and weakness.
  2. The Assamites became the Clan Banu Haqim, so yet another retool for them. They are now something more akin to what the Aztecs did in central America, being basically fanatic cultists with blood offerings. Also, they joined the Caramilla, which really doesn't fit with their backstory.
  3. The followers of Set became the Ministry for no apparent reason. And they joined the Anarchs, meaning the Hecate are the only independent clan left.

FBI, NSA, Scotland Yard, etc... now very well that Vampires, Werewolves and so on exist, so the Masquerade is almost non-existant. They fund the Society of Leopold now so that group went from a ragtag bunch of fanatics to a military superpower hunting vampires down relentlessly. As a result, you need to hide even more and better than before.

Sabbat went from equal to the Caramilla to almost nonexistant apart from the middle east, and the Lasombra left the Sabbat for the Camarilla (which again doesn't really make any sense with the backstory); instead the Anarchs suddenly are a powerhouse again.

The only good thing they added is that thinbloods now also have some advantages, coming close to being Daywalkers now.

That seem like quite singificant changes, I can see why you don't fancy it much. Well, at least from what I remember from reading it some 20+ years ago and playing VtMB later.
I quite liked Storyteller system, but I'm not so mucg into modern day settings, so some type of fantasy would be better fit for my table - do you have any epxerience with Exalted?

I can only hope there won't be any shortages for a 3050ti, I mean who else but me would want that kind of garbage.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.