By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
Least its not UPlay

If I find an article about UPlay having a Black Friday sale, I will also post it.

Take it as a warning.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Time for the news:

TITANFALL 2 – FIRST FREE DLC COMING ON NOVEMBER 30TH
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/titanfall-2-first-free-dlc-coming-on-november-30th/
As we’ve already stated, we’re not covering DLCs unless they are free. And since Titanfall 2’s upcoming DLCs will be completely free, we will covering every single one of them. Therefore, we are happy to report that Electronic Arts and Respawn have announced that the first free DLC for Titanfall 2 will be released on November 30th.

CITIES: SKYLINES NATURAL DISASTERS RELEASE DATE SET FOR NEXT WEEK
http://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skylines-natural-disasters-release-date-set-for-next-week/
Cities: Skylines' long-awaited Natural Disasters DLC now has a release date.
As of November 29 you'll be able to raise your own custom-crafted cities from the ground up, before razing them from the sky down by way of eight distinct disaster options. That's tsunamis, earthquakes, fires, forest fires, sinkholes, thunder and lightning storms, tornadoes, and, as you might've spotted throughout the forthcoming add-on's marketing campaign, meteor showers.

>>Will this be the last DLC? I don't know what else could they ad to the game, tbh.

DEEP SILVER CLAIMS THAT IT RELEASED HOMEFRONT: THE REVOLUTION TOO EARLY
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/deep-silver-claims-that-it-released-too-early-homefront-the-revolution/
In an interview with MCV, Deep Silver’s global brand and marketing director, Paul Nicholls, said that the publisher released Homefront: The Revolution too early. According to Nicholls, this was one of the reasons that had a negative impact on the game’s sales.

ROCKET LEAGUE WILL HAVE STEAM WORKSHOP SUPPORT STARTING NEXT MONTH
http://www.pcgamer.com/rocket-league-will-have-steam-workshop-support-starting-next-month/
Soon you'll be able to activate Rocket League mods with the click of a button, because Psyonix has announced the game is getting Steam Workshop support. Starting next month, modders can upload their mods to Steam using Workshop's easy-to-use interface, while tinkering-averse players can start experimenting without fiddling with files.

STEAM WORKSHOP SUPPORT COMES TO SAINTS ROW 4
http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-workshop-support-comes-to-saints-row-4/
More than three years after it came out, Saints Row 4 has been given Steam Workshop support, providing players the ability to create and install mods that add new weapons, clothing, and gameplay features, all from within the friendly confines of Steam. It was a bigger job than you might expect: Volition said there were "many challenges" to overcome, because the game actually wasn't designed to support modding at all.

>>Better late than never, I guess.

HERE IS 13 MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE FROM THE PC VERSION OF WATCH_DOGS 2
http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/here-is-13-minutes-of-gameplay-footage-from-the-pc-version-of-watch_dogs-2/
NVIDIA has released a new video, showcasing 13 minutes of gameplay footage from the PC version of Watch_Dogs 2. According to the green team, this footage was captured on GeForce GTX 1080, though we don’t know the settings that have been used.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Part two:

THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 3 DELAYED SLIGHTLY, WILL BE OUT IN DECEMBER
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-walking-dead-season-3-delayed-slightly-will-be-out-in-december/
Telltale has announced a solid release date for the third season of its Walking Dead adventure series, and it's going to show up a bit later on the calendarthan we were told back in September. At that time, it was scheduled for release sometime in November, but today the studio announced that it will actually arrive on December 20.

THE NEW AND IMPROVED SYMMETRA IS NOW ON THE OVERWATCH PTR
http://www.pcgamer.com/symmetra-redesign-will-make-her-the-first-overwatch-hero-with-two-ultimates/
The Overwatch hero Symmetra is often viewed as "overly situational," game director Jeff Kaplan says in a new developer update video, meaning that while people enjoy playing her, she is often only used her to handle certain very specific tasks. She also suffers from "quality of life" issues, such as spending too much time waiting for cooldowns, which players often find frustrating. To address those shortcomings, Blizzard has put the character through a "redesign" that will have a big impact on how she's played.

THE FINAL STARCRAFT 2: NOVA COVERT OPS MISSION PACK IS OUT
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-final-starcraft-2-nova-covert-ops-mission-pack-is-out/
As promised at BlizzCon, the third and final chapter of the Nova Covert Ops missions for StarCraft 2 is now live, with new weapons, battles, and intrigues, as well as a new co-op mission called Miner Evacuation. The campaign's conclusion arrives alongside the Legacy of the Void 3.8.0 patch, which also includes a "major revamp" to multiplayer combat.

VOLUME, INFINIFACTORY AND GRIM DAWN ON SALE IN LATEST HUMBLE BUNDLE
http://www.pcgamer.com/volume-infinifactory-and-grim-dawn-on-sale-in-latest-humble-bundle/
A measure of how quickly my year is passing by is how often a new fortnightly Humble Bundle rolls around. While not every single deal is worth raving about, the latest—another Staff Pick, where Humble employees choose both the games and the charitable organisation a portion of the proceeds go to—is pretty good.

FORMER WII U EXCLUSIVE LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER COMING TO PC
http://www.pcgamer.com/former-wii-u-exclusive-lego-city-undercover-coming-to-pc/
In 2013, after a decade of putting their own spin on well-known comics and movie series, Lego launched Lego City: Undercover—a Wii U exclusive that told a story within its own block-based universe.
Set in a similarly sprawling open world, Undercover featured a host of familiar toys from Lego's real life City series which our sister site GamesRadar rated four out of five stars. Warner Bros. Games has now revealed it's coming to PC next year.

>>celador made a thread about this announcement yesterday.

SEA OF THIEVES LAUNCHES EARLY ACCESS 'INSIDER PROGRAMME'
http://www.pcgamer.com/sea-of-thieves-launches-early-access-insider-programme/
Rare's incoming pirate-packing ocean-touring sandbox adventure Sea of Thieves has launched an 'Insider Programme'—an initiative that grants select members access to early testing phases ahead of launch next year.

GONE HOME, PROTEUS, AND 148 OTHER GAMES FOR $20 IN A GOOD BUNDLE SALE
http://www.pcgamer.com/gone-home-proteus-and-148-other-games-for-20-in-a-good-bundle-sale/
'Tis the season to save money. With many-a-Black Friday sales already underway, itch.io's A Good Bundle offers a stonking 151 indie games for $20 with 100 percent of proceeds being split between the American Civil Liberties Union and Planned Parenthood charities.

JEMC said:
Ok, relax and please, please don't kill me for posting this. Take into consideration that, despite what some of you feel about it, there are others that like... well, use it and don't have a problem with it.

Ok? Good, there it is:

EA's Origin store is also doing a sale for Black Friday, with some games up to 75% off. Check it out here: https://www.origin.com/esp/en-us/store/deals/bf_supersale

I actually managed to snah TF2 for £26 thanks to Destructoid pointing out the sale a day earlier.

Also snagged Deus Ex  for £24 and MKX Premium for £7.

https://www.destructoid.com/black-friday-sales-for-steam-pc-digital-games-now-live-400525.phtml

Shame I won't be able to play TF2 or Deus EX since they require far better CPU's (even TF2 wants that better of a GPU), RAM and GPU. I bought Planet Coaster but I'm also finding it hard to play with my i5 4670k, 8gb DDR3 and even though they say the 980 is the recommended GPU, it's heating up to above 75c which is pretty abornmal for a park sim game.

Kind of miffed that I'm already having to build a new rig next year, and it won't be cheap to boot. This one I'm using I had built in 2015 because I saw that it was going to be enough for the gen and that friends suggested it would be too. Really wish we didn't need i7's for some of these AAA games now because it hoenstly doesn't feel worth spending a ton more money for a few fps and tiny graphical differences.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
JEMC said:
Ok, relax and please, please don't kill me for posting this. Take into consideration that, despite what some of you feel about it, there are others that like... well, use it and don't have a problem with it.

Ok? Good, there it is:

EA's Origin store is also doing a sale for Black Friday, with some games up to 75% off. Check it out here: https://www.origin.com/esp/en-us/store/deals/bf_supersale

I actually managed to snah TF2 for £26 thanks to Destructoid pointing out the sale a day earlier.

Also snagged Deus Ex  for £24 and MKX Premium for £7.

https://www.destructoid.com/black-friday-sales-for-steam-pc-digital-games-now-live-400525.phtml

Shame I won't be able to play TF2 or Deus EX since they require far better CPU's (even TF2 wants that better of a GPU), RAM and GPU. I bought Planet Coaster but I'm also finding it hard to play with my i5 4670k, 8gb DDR3 and even though they say the 980 is the recommended GPU, it's heating up to above 75c which is pretty abornmal for a park sim game.

Kind of miffed that I'm already having to build a new rig next year, and it won't be cheap to boot. This one I'm using I had built in 2015 because I saw that it was going to be enough for the gen and that friends suggested it would be too. Really wish we didn't need i7's for some of these AAA games now because it hoenstly doesn't feel worth spending a ton more money for a few fps and tiny graphical differences.

I have so many things to say.

1-You're ok buying from Origin? I thought you hated it!

2-Your CPU limits you? How can it be if those games ask for lower CPUs than the one we have? Mankind Divided asks for a 3770K as recommended.

Around the Network

By the way, STEAM HAS LAUNCHED ITS BLACK FRIDAY AUTUMN SALES!

They'll run from today, 23, to the 29th.

JEMC said:

2-Your CPU limits you? How can it be if those games ask for lower CPUs than the one we have? Mankind Divided asks for a 3770K as recommended.

1. I dislike EA knocking down the prices of their games from £50-60 to the default AAA price of £40 (that's not really a general market reduction, that's their way of claiming it's the same), but Titanfall wasn't being sold at £40, it was going for £26 which I thought was a good sale.

Another point to add to 1, was that I couldn't buy anything from the Origin store for a few months due to some random 404. I couldn't get in contact with their customer service via text (via day in the UK is pointless when they close in the evening). With the recent BF sales going on, I tried for the TF2 deal and was surprised to get it. Then I grabbed the ME trilogy since the whole kit was going for £14. I'll buy from the Origin store, just as long as the game works, is good and sells at a decent price.

2. Apparently it does. I've been having issues with BF1 frame wise, my CPU usage is nearly at 100%, my GPU is handling it fine, though this is mostly on their end that still needs to be fixed. TF2 suggests their reco spec as having an i7, 16gb RAM, GTX 1060 (6gb, my 980 only has 4) and even then their ultra is asking for mroe, for a game using the source engine at that.

Having issues with Planet Coaster, but that's due to the game actually being legit CPU intensive (though they could do with sorting it out a bit more as the game is fully out in the wild now) witnthe AI and other simulations. The GPU siggested is a 980 and mine ends up getting pretty hot at around 75c, no other game has got it running that hot and my airflow is fine for the most part.

That's 3 games already that I can't run properly, add DE:MD to the pile and it's 4, may as well add DH2 as well due to the mess that game is in on PC. I'll have to build a new spec, but I'm not at all looking forward to the amount I'll have to spend. I did think of another rotue, where I could try finding an i7 CPU that's decent enough to fit with my mobo and also find a new 16gb DDR3 kit, that way it wouldn't requrie going for a new mobo and a different i7 to go with that mobo. I'll have to get a new GPU sometime year year anyway.

I just seem to have bad luck when it comes to building a spec and then suddenly game devs are now trying to enforce i7 requirements and 16gb rather than simply implying, like they have done for a number of years.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

1. I dislike EA knocking down the prices of their games from £50-60 to the default AAA price of £40 (that's not really a general market reduction, that's their way of claiming it's the same), but Titanfall wasn't being sold at £40, it was going for £26 which I thought was a good sale.

Another point to add to 1, was that I couldn't buy anything from the Origin store for a few months due to some random 404. I couldn't get in contact with their customer service via text (via day in the UK is pointless when they close in the evening). With the recent BF sales going on, I tried for the TF2 deal and was surprised to get it. Then I grabbed the ME trilogy since the whole kit was going for £14. I'll buy from the Origin store, just as long as the game works, is good and sells at a decent price.

2. Apparently it does. I've been having issues with BF1 frame wise, my CPU usage is nearly at 100%, my GPU is handling it fine, though this is mostly on their end that still needs to be fixed. TF2 suggests their reco spec as having an i7, 16gb RAM, GTX 1060 (6gb, my 980 only has 4) and even then their ultra is asking for mroe, for a game using the source engine at that.

Having issues with Planet Coaster, but that's due to the game actually being legit CPU intensive (though they could do with sorting it out a bit more as the game is fully out in the wild now) witnthe AI and other simulations. The GPU siggested is a 980 and mine ends up getting pretty hot at around 75c, no other game has got it running that hot and my airflow is fine for the most part.

That's 3 games already that I can't run properly, add DE:MD to the pile and it's 4, may as well add DH2 as well due to the mess that game is in on PC. I'll have to build a new spec, but I'm not at all looking forward to the amount I'll have to spend. I did think of another rotue, where I could try finding an i7 CPU that's decent enough to fit with my mobo and also find a new 16gb DDR3 kit, that way it wouldn't requrie going for a new mobo and a different i7 to go with that mobo. I'll have to get a new GPU sometime year year anyway.

I just seem to have bad luck when it comes to building a spec and then suddenly game devs are now trying to enforce i7 requirements and 16gb rather than simply implying, like they have done for a number of years.

Battlefield 1 is a very demanding game. I remember it asking for a modern 6xxx CPU, even for min. specs.

You try to find that CPU and RAM now and maybe take advantage of some Black Friday sales. Not buying a new mobo will also allow you to keep your current windows install.

JEMC said:

Battlefield 1 is a very demanding game. I remember it asking for a modern 6xxx CPU, even for min. specs.

You try to find that CPU and RAM now and maybe take advantage of some Black Friday sales. Not buying a new mobo will also allow you to keep your current windows install.

The thing is, it's "demanding" a lot from PC, yet it's not outputting in such a way to match the asking price in hardwarte, especially after the recent discovery from PC players that the game#'s visuals have been downgraded, yet the game is still asking for all that power, that hardly seems entirely legit from their end.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/battlefield-1-pc-gamers-report-visual-downgrade-ation-after-latest-patch-dice-investigating/

When I see a demand for power, I see yielded results that give out a fair piece for the pwoe they ask for, not asking for 3x more power than the console versions and looking msotly the same, I hardly call that a very fair tradeoff. 

Yeah, going for an  i7 that would fit this board and a RAM kit would save me on some money, and also save me having to fiddle about with Windows while also allowing me to keep this rig for another few years more. Dunno where to start though.

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

The thing is, it's "demanding" a lot from PC, yet it's not outputting in such a way to match the asking price in hardwarte, especially after the recent discovery from PC players that the game#'s visuals have been downgraded, yet the game is still asking for all that power, that hardly seems entirely legit from their end.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/battlefield-1-pc-gamers-report-visual-downgrade-ation-after-latest-patch-dice-investigating/

When I see a demand for power, I see yielded results that give out a fair piece for the pwoe they ask for, not asking for 3x more power than the console versions and looking msotly the same, I hardly call that a very fair tradeoff. 

Yeah, going for an  i7 that would fit this board and a RAM kit would save me on some money, and also save me having to fiddle about with Windows while also allowing me to keep this rig for another few years more. Dunno where to start though.

Yeah, I don't know why BF1 (or TitanFall 2) needs such high specs.

bolded: I'm afraid that I can't help you with that .