By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

For me, i'll just get Wolfenstein the old blood, Dark Souls 2 & Portal 2.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I think for this year - I plan to spend the least amount that I usually spend on Steam sale.

At the most I would spend $45 to $50 for the steam summer sale.

I think I'll probably do half or less than that this year.

The games I plan to purchase or want to purchase this summer sale are....

-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition
-Dishonored GOTY

I was planning to get FFIX as well during that time but I got it yesterday so ya ;p

I got it during the last Winter Sales, but I still haven't played it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

I got it during the last Winter Sales, but I still haven't played it.

I always play slow catch up when it comes to the AC series.

Played and beaten AC Revelations while buying III/L last year.

Gonna be playing AC3 and ACL alongside purchasing IV Golden Edition this year ;p

It's always better to play catch up with the AC series or any other yearly series.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

First images of the RX 480 from the different vendors, although all of them come with the reference cooler:

XFX Radeon RX 480 pictured, features 1288 MHz clock http://videocardz.com/61147/xfx-radeon-rx-480-pictured-features-1288-mhz-clock
Sapphire and PowerColor Radeon RX 480 pictured as well http://videocardz.com/61162/sapphire-and-powercolor-radeon-rx-480-pictured-as-well

XFX:

Sapphire:

PowerColor:

Apparently, only the XFX card comes with a slight overclock and a backplate.

Also, caution rumor!

AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming

http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-1500mhz-overclocking-tool-voltage-control/#ixzz4BqetC885

AMD is launching a new overclocking tool for the RX 400 series with voltage control, oh and the RX 480 is capable of 1.5Ghz+ clock speeds.

With the Radeon RX 480 and the RX 400 series in general AMD wants every user to be able to extract even more value out of their RX 400 series graphics card. Beyond what they’d normally get straight out of the box. The key to achieve this is to make overclocking more accessible, more convenient and more valuable. This is where AMD’s new overclocking tool will play an instrumental role in supercharging the bang behind every buck.

We’ve detailed sometime ago that AMD’s new RX 400 series featured more sophisticated boost function and on-chip and voltage regulation hardware. The new tool takes full advantage of that to make overclocking easier, more straightforward and deliver better results. AMD’s new overclocking tool will include an assortment of features, including voltage control.

We’re told AMD has been debating what kind of voltage control it should make available to RX 400 series users. It’s understandable as to why anyone inside AMD would be hesitant to making such a feature available in the company’s own software. After all it’s a risky endeavor to take on as a vendor. Not all gamers are enthusiasts or experienced overclockers.

Now let’s talk more about what the RX 480 can do in terms of overclocking. Many RX 480 graphics cardsfrom AMD’s Add-In-Board partners will be capable of  ~1.4Ghz boost clocks after some very basic overclocking. The cards can be pushed beyond that with voltage adjustments. The “Beast Mode” RX 480 $299 cards that we had talked about two days ago will come with pretty hefty factory overclocks right out of the box and some will be able to hit 1.5Ghz+ on air after some over-volting and fine tuning.

Lastly, new info about the 460.

AMD Radeon RX 460 Gets Single and Crossfire 3DMark 11 Benchmarks – The Super Affordable ‘Budget Gaming’ Graphics Card

http://wccftech.com/radeon-rx-460-crossfire-3dmark-11-benchmarks/#ixzz4BqkshpN1

AMD recently revealed the complete lineup of RX branded Radeon graphics cards and I published benchmarks for the RX 470 singe and crossfire configurations. Naturally, its now time for me to do the same with the Radeon RX 460 graphics card which will be based on the Polaris 11 GPU. The Polaris 11 GPU is basically the Polaris 10 cut in half, and has been associated with the machine IDs: 67EF:C3 and 67FF:08, both of which were used to trace the benchmarks in the 3DMark 11 database.

The benchmarks were found by tracing the machine IDs of the RX 460. This means that these GPUs were part of AMD’s internal testing and were probably tested with partial driver support. While I didn’t notice a lot of variation unlike the RX 470, it is still possible that these numbers will improve once driver support for the RX 400 series lineup improves. While its older siblings, the RX 480 and RX 470 were both aimed at the minimum VR spec, the RX 460 is a no-nonsense budget gaming card.

God I hope wccftech's leaks are legit cause they are going to the "its too good to be true" category.

Oh and come on waifu games on steam sale!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
God I hope wccftech's leaks are legit cause they are going to the "its too good to be true" category.

I thought you already had all of them

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I thought you already had all of them

Loll alas, theres one cuming out everyday! Like the new yuri one! @_@

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Why do those AMD's look like reference cards. No more dual or triple fans? Even if they run cooler i just like the look of more fans.

Edit: Man, even that 460 is impressive for majority of games i play. 

green_sky said:

Why do those AMD's look like reference cards. No more dual or triple fans? Even if they run cooler i just like the look of more fans.

Edit: Man, even that 460 is impressive for majority of games i play. 

That's because all those cards use the reference cooler. They just don't have a fancy name or a higher price tag with it...

We got to see the non reference Sapphire Nitro a few days ago http://videocardz.com/60992/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-pictured

Excellent, the RX 460 looks on the right way to offer good value for money, and its power consumption bodes well for future Zen-Polaris APUs with good value for money and reasonable power consumption and heat generation. My goal of making my next mid/low-range gaming PC with just case fans and passive CPU/GPU/APU cooling has become more feasible and with more possible choices too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!