By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

The worst part is knowing who's to blame and who will pay the price for the failure. The devs, programers, sound & music, animators, etc. will be the ones that will lose their jobs, but the producers, director and overall creators that are responsible for the end product will get away with it because even if Sony kills the studio, some of them work for Sony, not Firewalk Studios.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

8 years. Kinda feel bad for the devs.

GaaS games are absolutely brutal in this sense. At least with proper single-player games, you can keep selling them, so they'll stay available to whoever is interested in them. I'm sure it's bad what you realize almost no one wants to play the game you worked on so hard for so long, but I imagine it gets even worse when no one can play the game even if they wanted to.

Fairgame$ next. Sony learns nothing until this tanks.

hinch said:

It baffles me how years later, Sony's W back in 2013 could now be considered a pure fluke, as in they merely took advantage of MS's epic blunder, and not that they had the possible blunder pre-planned to take advantage of, but also the decade ahead. 

Like looking at how they coasted all of last gen, because MS wasn't even putting up much of a fight, and now seeing this gen, where they're just enforcing PSN, making Live services their main meat & potatoes, while also having it all blow up in their faces and using shitty excuses like "we have no original IP's" (while they are sitting on a treasure trove of god damn beloved IP's and have done for years).

I swear 2013 was their biggest fluke, not even a genius move, because to say it was a genius move would say all of these blunders were "according to plan". There is no way they did well for one gen (like they did during PS1-2 gen) and then just fucked it all away on purpose.

It's just amazing how Sony are adopting the MS approach and fucking things up for themselves. Like bro, GIVE US THE GOOD GAMES WE'VE BEEN ASKING YEARS FOR.

https://youtu.be/Z-dC_XjqFug?t=20

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

hinch said:

Hindsight is 20/20 and all.

There's a universe where gamers flocked even more heavily to playing just one multiplayer online title and Sony's strategy paid off handsomely. But ours isn't it, so all there is left is to pivot back to their winning strategy with the PS3 and PS4 in spite of rising development costs.

Of course, now they're placing the games on PC to help keep their profits climbing higher. But that's risky, too, since PS looked to be building an ecosystem over generations that could rival Steam but now there's little incentive to buy a PS5 if you own a PC. We'll see what the future brings.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

GaaS games are absolutely brutal in this sense. At least with proper single-player games, you can keep selling them, so they'll stay available to whoever is interested in them. I'm sure it's bad what you realize almost no one wants to play the game you worked on so hard for so long, but I imagine it gets even worse when no one can play the game even if they wanted to.

The reason why I never get into these type of games, especially after playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper for 5 years (only to be closed two years ago).

AMD deprioritizing flagship gaming GPUs: Jack Hyunh talks new strategy against Nvidia in gaming market
https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/gpus/amd-deprioritizing-flagship-gaming-gpus-jack-hyunh-talks-new-strategy-for-gaming-market
I had a chance to speak to Jack Huynh, AMD's senior vice president and general manager of the Computing and Graphics Business Group, during IFA 2024 in a question and answer session. Due to speculation that AMD won't launch flagship GPUs for its next-gen lineup, I pressed Huynh for information regarding the company's plans for the high-end GPU market with the RDNA 4-powered Radeon RX 8000-series. His comments sketch out a plan focused specifically on gaining market share in the GPU market above all else, and this strategy deprioritizes chasing Nvidia's highest-end gaming cards — at least for now.
(...)
TH: Price point-wise, you have leadership, but you won't go after the flagship market?

JH: One day, we may. But my priority right now is to build scale for AMD. Because without scale right now, I can't get the developers. If I tell developers, ‘I’m just going for 10 percent of the market share,’ they just say, ‘Jack, I wish you well, but we have to go with Nvidia.’ So, I have to show them a plan that says, 'Hey, we can get to 40% market share with this strategy.' Then they say, 'I’m with you now, Jack. Now I’ll optimize on AMD.' Once we get that, then we can go after the top.

>> Good. I doubt AMD will ever get more than 25-30% of the market, and that would already be a big success, but I'm glad they recognise what's really important and focus on achieving that. Now it only a matter of waiting and see if they are sincere, and it's not just PR talk, how long will they keep that strategy and how they plan to do it... so, basically, everything.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I just read that AMD article. I thought it was interesting and a good point. GPUs, especially Nvidia, do seem stupid expensive. It makes sense to find more a middle ground.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

I do think that AMD could adjust the price of their products a bit lower, to make them more appealing, but we have to keep in mind that there are other factors when it comes to how expensive GPUs are, and TSMC raising prices every time they can and as much as they can is an important one that affects Nvidia, AMD and also Intel.

But well, if we could get an AMD card that performs like a 5070 but costs like a 5060Ti, and so on, that would be a good start (unless Nvidia jacks up the prices again, making this comparison still true, but less relevant).

Hopefully AMDs gpu prices improves next gen as this gen has been largely lack luster outside of maybe a couple like 7800xt. They really can't be the Nvidia -$50. They need to be Nvidia -15% at the very least imo.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850