By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

As long as the performance and, more importantly, the price of those 8000 series AMD GPUs are reasonable and put pressure on Nvidia, most of us will be happywith them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

In any case, that would be come later, as I still have to start again (and this time finish) Trails in the Sky.

Forgot to respond to this.

You playing the First Chapter or are you on another chapter?

I finished first chapter and it took me 58 hours.

It was kinda dreadful but not as bad as the Legend of Heroes Gagharv trilogy on PSP (which pre-dates Trails in the Sky).

I know there's a remake coming out but I'm planning to re-play the first game (and play the other two) in the future.

It's the first of the The Legend of Heroes games: https://store.steampowered.com/app/251150/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_in_the_Sky/

I played a bit of it but things happened and stopped playing for a bit, and then I was too lazy to come back and start again.

I can't say that I loved the game, but I remember it is/was a good game.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

It's the first of the The Legend of Heroes games: https://store.steampowered.com/app/251150/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_in_the_Sky/

I played a bit of it but things happened and stopped playing for a bit, and then I was too lazy to come back and start again.

I can't say that I loved the game, but I remember it is/was a good game.

First of the Legend of Heroes Trails games.

Technically Trails in the Sky is the 6th game in the overall Legend of Heroes series (it was originally even called Legend of Heroes 6).

The game (and it seems like the rest of the series) has a lot of damn text. Cant believe there's so many, gotta catch up lol

Going by that - I guess I played Legend of Heroes 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Yeah, there's a ton of them on Steam alone. That's one of the reasons I want to play it again, to see if I care about it enough to get the rest of the games in the series.

Just finished ordering all my parts for my new pc. Built two SFF APU builds in the past, this will be my first ATX build.

Ryzen 7600x
Aorus B650 Elite AX
32GB (2x16) DDR5 6000 (cl30)
1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
Radeon RX6800

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Looks like a very solid and capable build. Congratulations!

JEMC said:

As long as the performance and, more importantly, the price of those 8000 series AMD GPUs are reasonable and put pressure on Nvidia, most of us will be happy with them.

My expectations (if the 64CU for the Navi 48 and 32CU for the Navi 44 are correct):

• 8800XT -> 64CU, slightly slower than the 4080, $549-$599
  • 8700XT -> 56CU, ~4070Ti Super, ~$449-$499 ($100 less than the 8800XT)
  • 8600XT -> 32CU, between the 4060 and 4060Ti (RX6750 in Raster), ~$319
  • 8500XT -> 24-28CU, 4060 Laptop, $269

I put Nvidia cards for comparison because I believe that with the strongly upgraded Raytracing of RDNA4 they should be roughly comparable to NVidias current offerings in that regard. And yes, I believe AMD will shoot themselves in the foot again with the Navi 44 offerings in terms of pricing.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 02 September 2024

JEMC said:

I've thought many times to get into the "Tales of" games, but I've never done it. I think I even asked here which would be the best game in the series to play first, but given that I don't remember if I asked it or not, it's fair to assume that I don't know which game would that be.

And let's be honest, knowing you all, that question would probably end with three replies and 4 game names.

In any case, that would be come later, as I still have to start again (and this time finish) Trails in the Sky.

I've played Absyss, Symphonia and Vesperia.  I'm 8 hours in on Arise.

I really like the Tales series.  Battle system is fun and engaging.  Characters are diverse and have unique personalities.  Typically the story is simple and for me that is a good thing.  I get annoyed when developers, instead of telling a good story, go complex with something that doesn't make sense (kingdom hearts).  

I don't think Tales is mind blowing but it is a really good series if you find the time.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

VersusEvil said:

Just finished ordering all my parts for my new pc. Built two SFF APU builds in the past, this will be my first ATX build.

Ryzen 7600x
Aorus B650 Elite AX
32GB (2x16) DDR5 6000 (cl30)
1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
Radeon RX6800

Congrats.  Looks like a nice rig.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

*** NEW COMPETITION ***

Win 1 of 3 Philips Evnia QD-OLED gaming monitors
https://www.club386.com/win-a-philips-evnia-qd-oled-monitor/
or https://gleam.io/eAD28/win-1-of-3-philips-evnia-qdoled-gaming-monitors

The full name of the monitor is Philips Evnia 34M2C8600 QD-OLED, in case you want to check it out before deciding if you want to take part in the contest or not.

The contest is open for United Kingdom and Europe ONLY.

Good luck!