By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Pemalite said:

Mostly because I had a motorcycle accident with full ACL, PCL and LCL knee reconstruction

Get well soon!

Around the Network

I hope you manage a full recovery with no sequels, Pem.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

BasilZero said:

What y'all been playing?

As for me

On the Switch, currently just Rune Factory 5 and Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk

On PC right now:

• Hearths of Iron IV (Mostly TNO mod)
  • Oxygen not Included (just bought the spaced out DLC, so testing all th changes)
  • Bloon TD 6
  • Dune (the 1992 classic, in celebration if the current Dune movies)
  • Eador: Masters of the Broken World (so. effing. long. campaign!)
  • Xenonauts (still haven't finished the first one, despite a merc with my name and likeness being in the second one)
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Edit: for got mobile

Mobile:

• Pathos (basically an expanded NetHack with graphics). Also available on PC, but only in the Windows store or direct download, surprisingly enough.
  • CUE (Cards, the Universe and Everything, a TCG)
Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 25 March 2024

Pemalite said:

Mostly been gravitating from my PC with StarCraft 2 and to the Xbox with Minecraft... Mostly because I had a motorcycle accident with full ACL, PCL and LCL knee reconstruction, so just chilling and resting... Minecraft has been a good mindless time sink.

And obviously playing with the 3D printer making all sorts of things.

Well that's a bummer!

Get well soon again Pemalite!

Ladies and gentlemen, here are the Top New Releases February 2024 by Steam:

FEBRUARY

古龙风云录
link
Balatro
link
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
link
BlazBlue Entropy Effect
link
Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor (Early Access)
link
HELLDIVERS™ 2
link
Jujutsu Kaisen Cursed Clash
link
Last Epoch
link
Le Mans Ultimate (Early Access)
link
Myth of Empires
link
Nightingale (Early Access)
link
Pacific Drive
link
Persona 3 Reload
link
Smalland: Survive the Wilds
link
Sons Of The Forest
link
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
link
Supermarket Simulator (Early Access)
link
Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance
link
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft
link

Touhou Danmaku Kagura Phantasia Lost
link

If that Supermaket Simulator game shocks you, hey, at least it's not Rent A Car Simulator 24.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
BasilZero said:

What y'all been playing?

As for me

On the Switch, currently just Rune Factory 5 and Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk

On PC right now:

• Oxygen not Included (just bought the spaced out DLC, so testing all th changes)
  • Bloon TD 6
  • Xenonauts (still haven't finished the first one, despite a merc with my name and likeness being in the second one)

Do you recommend the Dune 1992 classic game? 

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

On PC right now:

• Bloon TD 6

Do you recommend the Dune 1992 classic game? 

It was the first game I ever finished on PC (I finished a couple console games beforehand, but no PC title until then), so I know this game in and out (including how the simplistic AI ticks and how to avoid triggering event flags too soon). I still love the title as much as it is impossible to quantify what it is (it is part adventure, part rpg, part simulation, part exploration...), but it has a pretty slow start and could be boring for people who want more action.

Let’s start the Easter week news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

GOG has four new Deals of the Day, that will last 46 hours:

Steam feels generous and has three new deals:

There are two new deals at Humble:

And Fanatical has three deals for us:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

-Empty-

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Dragon’s Dogma 2 gets a Save Manager Mod, allowing you to start a new game, create multiple characters, and have unlimited number of save files for each character
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/dragons-dogma-2-save-manager-mod-new-game/
Modder ‘Llama’ has released a must-have mod for Capcom’s latest action RPG, Dragon’s Dogma 2. This mod allows you to start a new game, create multiple characters, and have an unlimited number of save files per character.
For those that are unaware, Dragon’s Dogma 2 does not currently feature any option to start a New Game. This obviously frustrated a lot of people. And while Capcom is currently looking into adding this via an upcoming update, PC gamers can use this mod so that they can start a new game whenever they want to.
Now what’s interesting here is that you won’t lose your progress on other characters with this mod. This is HUGE, and it’s one of the reasons we recommend using it. Yes, you could delete your saves folder to workaround this issue. However, by deleting that folder, you were also losing your progress to your previous character. Well, not anymore.
By using this mod, you can also create multiple characters and switch between them seamlessly. As said, there is an unlimited number of save files for each individual character you create. And yes, you can freely roll back to an older save.
>> Given the nature of this mod, it’s understandable the lack of screenshots or videos.

There's already a Dragon's Dogma 2 mod to get 99 copies of the 'change appearance' item Capcom is selling for real money
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/theres-already-a-dragons-dogma-2-mod-to-get-99-copies-of-the-change-appearance-item-capcom-is-selling-for-real-money/
I haven't once thought about my Arisen's mug ever since I slapped a helmet on his head, but even I'm annoyed that changing your appearance isn't a god-given right in Dragon's Dogma 2. Instead, alterations to your character and main pawn come in the form of a book you buy in towns. This book, Art of Metamorphosis, isn't bought with regular gold, but a rarer currency called "Rift Crystals" acquired by finding Riftstones and sending your pawn out to help other players.
It's a functional system on its own—I'm sitting on hundreds of RC I'm not using—but Capcom is catching reasonable flak on day one because it's also selling Rift Crystals and the Art of Metamorphosis tome as DLC. Thankfully, modders have already uploaded a workaround to make character re-creation much easier.
With the mod "Early N' Cheap Art of Metamorphosis" by Nexus user SilverEzredes, the makeover tome which usually costs 500RC can instead be purchased from one of the earliest vendors in the game for a paltry 10 gold. You'll find this vendor in Melve, the first major town in Dragon's Dogma 2.
He's well stocked, too: with 99 copies of Art of Metamorphosis available at 10g per, you can load up on all the character redos you'll ever need for the price basic sword. To actually use the tome, head to one of the Barbaries in major cities (Vernworth being the first you'll find) and select the bottom store option to "Modify Appearance." There is one downside to the mod some have noticed: once players progress to the main city of Vernworth, some are unable to find the vendor back at Melve. It's unclear if he simply disappears at some point or if he moves somewhere else.
As far as getting the mod up and running, you'll need one other mod first: Fluffy Mod Manager. It's the same manager used for other Capcom games like Resident Evil 4 Remake, Monster Hunter Rise, and Devil May Cry 5, and it seems simple to set up.
>> The article has a couple of screenshots.

First screenshots for Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines with RTX Remix Path Tracing
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/first-screenshots-for-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-with-rtx-remix-path-tracing/
Modder ‘Safemilk’ is currently working on an RTX Remix Mod for Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, and has shared the first screenshots for it. This mod will implement full Ray Tracing/Path Tracing to Troika’s RPG. So, let’s take a look at them.
This mod is in a very early development stage. However, Safemilk plans to provide a proper RTX Remix, with all its bells and whistles.
Alongside the Path Tracing effects, the modder also plans to improve the game’s 3D models and textures. And, the following screenshots, give us a taste of this.
>> The article has three screenshots.

Cyberpunk 2077 Just Got a New 12GB Ultra 4K Texture Pack
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/cyberpunk-2077-just-got-a-new-12gb-ultra-4k-texture-pack/
Modder ‘Xerme’ has released a new Ultra 4K Texture Pack, that weighs around 12.4GB in size, for Cyberpunk 2077. This pack promises to overhaul the textures for a lot of objects with the ultimate aim of improving the game’s visuals.
(...obvious warning that this mod won’t be compatible with other similar mods...)
The Ultra Texture Remaster Repack upgrades all the old textures in the game with super sharp 4K versions. As such, everything will look better now, from signs to walls and roads.
To showcase the new 4K textures, Xerme shared the following screenshots. To be honest, though, I’d prefer a comparison video. Still, these screenshots can give you an idea of what you can expect from it.

Baldur's Gate 3 mod tools won't be as extensive as Divinity's: 'We're not a tools company,' says Swen Vincke
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/baldurs-gate-3-mod-support-GDC-update/
The RPG Larian made before Baldur's Gate 3 included an extensive mod development kit which could be used to build whole new campaigns with custom maps and NPCs and quests—something like Bethesda's Skyrim Creation Kit. It's part of the reason I voted to make Divinity: Original Sin 2 our 2017 Game of the Year, but sadly, the complicated, crash-prone tools didn't lead to a thriving custom campaign scene for Original Sin 2.
For that and other reasons, we shouldn't expect the forthcoming Baldur's Gate 3 mod tools to be as comprehensive as those Divinity Engine tools, Larian boss Swen Vincke has indicated.

Power-mad modder puts Sonic the Hedgehog at the heart of the most tedious game ever made, so you can speed boost to the end in 3 straight hours instead of 8
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/action/power-mad-modder-puts-sonic-the-hedgehog-at-the-heart-of-the-most-tedious-game-ever-made-so-you-can-speed-boost-to-the-end-in-3-straight-hours-instead-of-8/
Some dreams cannot be denied, even though they absolutely should be. A modder named Weezley has taken the time and energy to recreate 1994's Desert Bus—widely regarded as one of the worst and most tedious games ever made—entirely within the confines of Sonic Frontiers. Why? Great question, my friend, great question. If you're not in the know, Desert Bus is one of six minigames off the '94 Sega CD compilation Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors, a collection of deliberately terrible games intended for you to spring on unwitting friends. Although Smoke and Mirrors never actually released, unearthed review copies mean that the games have circulated anyway, with Desert Bus in particular—a game about an eight-hour drive between Tucson and Las Vegas—garnering notoriety both for how much it sucks and for the role it plays in the annual Desert Bus for Hope charity streaming marathon.
Desert Bus Frontiers is Weezley's version of the classic, and recreates the Sega game almost to a tee, save for the presence of a hedgehog with attitude instead of a bus. "Welcome to Desert Bus Frontiers," reads the description, "the action-packed 580 km long trip from Tucson, Arizona to Las Vegas, where Literally Nothing Interesting happens."
The original Desert Bus was fiendish. Although the entire trip took place on a straight road, you couldn't just weigh down the accelerator button and leave. The bus veered slightly to the right at all times, and the second your tyres left the road was game over. That meant you had to stay there, nudging the bus left, for the full eight-hour journey.
The Frontiers version is much the same way. "Just like in the original Desert Bus, Sonic will move slightly right over time. Make sure to correct Sonic's position every once in a while so as to not run off the road!" Weezley has also nixed the game's usual background music, replacing it with desert wind ambience. All the better to not distract you from your task.
But it is 2024, so generous Weezley has allowed us a few modern comforts. For instance, the Frontiers take on Desert Bus has a checkpoint every 50 kilometres where the original forced you to start from the beginning the second anything went wrong. The biggest convenience, though, is Sonic's boost capability. Real-life buses are not as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog, you see, meaning the original Desert Bus took eight hours to complete at the bus' default top speed. Sonic's powers mean he can cover the same distance in three hours.
>> The article has a screenshot, in case you’re interested. To me, both the original game and this mod sound like torture.

GAMING NEWS

Unreal Physics is a new free game on Steam, aiming to showcase the advanced physics of Unreal Engine 5
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/unreal-physics-is-a-new-free-game-on-steam-aiming-to-showcase-the-advanced-physics-of-unreal-engine-5/
Jilted Generation Productions just dropped a cool free game on Steam called Unreal Physics. This is a 3D sandbox where you can experience all sorts of amazing physics demos made with Unreal Engine 5. So, be sure to get it.

Monday news, part two of three (take it as a warning):

PSA: If you're using a controller like Dragon's Dogma 2 wants you to, you can turn off 'sprint' and 'interact' being on the same button for some unholy reason
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/psa-if-youre-using-a-controller-like-dragons-dogma-2-wants-you-to-you-can-turn-off-sprint-and-interact-being-on-the-same-button-for-some-unholy-reason/
Dragon's Dogma 2, generally speaking, would like you to use a controller. (…)
(…) Dragon's Dogma, however, would also like you to pick up flowers and sprint with the same button, which is a decision I'm far less happy about. 
This may bother you, or it might be totally fine—I've heard both things from the PC Gamer team, but it was starting to give me a headache before a fellow writer pointed out that you could fix it, so now I'm passing on that knowledge to you.

You'll soon be able to start a new game in Dragon's Dogma 2 without rooting around your files, as well as change your appearance all you'd like for in-game currency
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/youll-soon-be-able-to-start-a-new-game-in-dragons-dogma-2-without-rooting-around-your-game-files-as-well-as-change-your-appearance-all-youd-like-for-in-game-currency/
Dragon's Dogma 2 has had a turbulent entry to say the least. Bizarre, pointless microtransactions and performance issues have caused it to be wrung through the critical grinder on Steam. Despite that, it's hit a very respectable 220,000+ all-time player peak already
One particular woe that's bothered the player-base? Dragon's Dogma 2 is a one-save-only game, which is what it's like in Dragon's Dogma 1, for the record. There has, however, been a crucial difference that players are understandably upset about: You have to manually delete your save from the files if you want to start over.
(...)
Luckily, Capcom appears to have listened to that feedback, as announced on the game's official Twitter.

'We're still evolving': World of Warcraft's new battle royale is part of Blizzard's plan for 're-envisioning what Warcraft means'
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/world-of-warcraft/were-still-evolving-world-of-warcrafts-new-battle-royale-is-part-of-blizzards-plan-for-re-envisioning-what-warcraft-means/
In case you haven't been keeping up to date with the latest World of Warcraft news, Plunderstorm is a battle royale mode that has arrived in Blizzard's MMO, except that technically, it's not part of the MMO at all. It's a separate mode, with separate characters, though you'll need a WoW subscription to play it. And according to Warcraft's general manager, John Hight, we might be seeing more limited-time modes in the future.
>> And you wouldn’t believe it given how long Blizzard was under Kotick’s ruling, but the subscription price hasn’t changed in 20 years.

Arkane founder teases his next project, a 'retro sci-fi first-person' game, and now I'm thinking a whole lot about the Prey sequel we never got
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/arkane-founder-teases-his-next-project-a-retro-sci-fi-first-person-game-and-now-im-thinking-a-whole-lot-about-the-prey-sequel-we-never-got/
Arkane co-founder Raphael Colantonio, who left the studio in 2017 and launched indie developer WolfEye Studios a couple years later, is teasing his next game—and even though it's just scribbles on a whiteboard, I am already excited.

If working overtime on AAA games with giant budgets is the only way to succeed, 'then maybe the industry deserves to die,' says RPG veteran David Gaider: 'There is another way to be'
https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/if-working-overtime-on-aaa-games-with-giant-budgets-is-the-only-way-to-succeed-then-maybe-the-industry-deserves-to-die-says-rpg-veteran-david-gaider-there-is-another-way-to-be/
Underneath the professional atmosphere, there was a defiant tone to this year's Game Developers Conference. During the GDCA awards, Larian Studios boss Swen Vincke called out corporate greed for "fucking this whole thing up for so long," and other developers gathered to have a cathartic scream about the state of the industry. In an interview with PC Gamer, Summerfall Studios co-founder and former Dragon Age lead writer David Gaider expressed similar conviction that something has to give.

Preserving old games was seen as a non-commercial 'art project' until recently, says Nightdive director: 'They were great then and they're great now, and companies have begun to realize that'
https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/events-conferences/preserving-old-games-was-seen-as-a-non-commercial-art-project-until-recently-says-nightdive-director-they-were-great-then-and-theyre-great-now-and-companies-have-begun-to-realize-that/
The Nightdive Studios website makes its mission clear: "Bringing lost and forgotten gaming treasures back from the depths." And so it has, through outstanding updates of games including Quake and Quake 2, System Shock, Turok 3, and Dark Forces. But it's not just the games that Nightdive aims to bring back from the past: Maintaining the totality of their history is a major part of what the studio aims to do.

'Is Dave The Diver an indie game? I would say no,' says game director
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/adventure/is-dave-the-diver-an-indie-game-i-would-say-no-says-game-director/
Every year—and sometimes multiple times per year—the same gaming debates pop up all over again. (…)
The definition of "indie game" is one of those recurring discussions, and it came up once around last year's Game Awards, when Dave the Diver was nominated for 'Best Independent Game' alongside games like Dredge and Cocoon. Not everyone was thrilled about that: while Dave The Diver definitely has "indie vibes" like 2D pixel art, and the development team at Mintrocket is a relatively small one, Mintrocket itself is a sub-brand of Nexon—a large South Korean game publisher.
At the Game Developers Conference this week in San Francisco, I sat down with Dave the Diver's game director, Jaeho Hwang, to ask for his take on the debate, whether he considers Dave the Diver an indie game or not, and what exactly is an indie game, anyway?

'Make a private hosted version of your game': Knockout City dev's top tip for studios shutting down a live service game is to give players the keys
https://www.pcgamer.com/knockout-city-sunset-gdc-talk/
No "live service" game lives forever, or in the euphemistic language of the games business, they all get "sunsetted" eventually. At a GDC talk this week, Velan Studios director of marketing Josh Harrison implored other developers to prepare for that inevitability, ideally by doing the thing we also hope they'll do every time: making their games available to play even after the official servers are unplugged.

Cyberpunk 2077 quest lead says early access wouldn't work for CDPR the way it did for Larian, and the studio prefers 'to have a banging release where everything is as close to perfection as can be' like Phantom Liberty's
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/cyberpunk-2077-quest-lead-says-early-access-wouldnt-work-for-cdpr-the-way-it-did-for-larian-and-the-studio-prefers-to-have-a-banging-release-where-everything-is-as-close-to-perfection-as-can-be-like-phantom-libertys/
Cyberpunk 2077 is good now. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's great. One of the most calamitous launches in videogame history finally made good after a bevy of updates and the meaty Phantom Liberty expansion, a journey that's had some of us at PC Gamer asking if the game was actually just in a kind of warped early access for three years. Given that Baldur's Gate 3, our Game of the Year for 2023, had a long (and formal) early access period, we asked Phantom Liberty quest director Paweł Sasko at GDC if Cyberpunk might have benefited from the same thing.

How are CD Projekt's side quests so good? Cyberpunk quest designer says they reject 'over 90%' of their pitches
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/how-are-cd-projekts-side-quests-so-good-cyberpunk-quest-designer-says-they-reject-over-90-of-their-pitches/
CD Projekt Red's two biggest RPG hits, The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, are both known for big main quests and engaging characters, but more than anything you'll hear people consistently bring up the little adventures they have between other stories. In an interview with PC Gamer at GDC this past week, Cyberpunk 2077 lead quest designer Pawel Sasko said that's mostly because they're thinking of lots of ideas and only using the best ones.
"A good designer has an acceptance ratio of their ideas of between five to 10%," said Sasko, "If someone has 10%, this is probably one of the best people we have in the team."

And the third, and final, part of the news:

Sorry, everyone, sex is temporarily banned in Helldivers 2 because you failed the major order, though some of your fellow soldiers are getting special treatment
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/third-person-shooter/sorry-everyone-sex-is-temporarily-banned-in-helldivers-2-because-you-failed-the-major-order-though-some-of-your-fellow-soldiers-are-getting-special-treatment/
It's just another normal day in Helldivers 2. Players, regrettably, appear to have failed the major order to liberate Fori Prime and Zagon Prime. While the galactic map shows Fori Prime as safe and sound, Zagon Prime is regrettably at zero percent liberation. We lost, folks. As a consequence of our collective inability to manage our democracy at acceptable levels, Arrowhead Games has hit players with the worst punishment of all.

Helldivers 2 players find creative ways to punish toxic hosts: 'I ran with your super samples to the edge of the mission area, and kept on running'
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/third-person-shooter/helldivers-2-players-find-creative-ways-to-punish-toxic-hosts-i-ran-with-your-super-samples-to-the-edge-of-the-mission-area-and-kept-on-running/
For the most part cooperative games are a great place to enjoy meeting other people and hanging out with them for about a half-hour (…)
Some hosting players, however, decry such fun-having as detrimental. (…)
It's a problem Arrowhead game studios is very aware of, and wants to fix. Earlier this month Arrowhead boss Johan Pilestedt, in a fit of democratic pique, even solicited ideas from the broader sphere of social media on how to fix the problem of toxic hosts.
The creativity of people playing the game, however, shows no limits. (...)

Here's slice and dice, the roguelike RPG where each of your party members is a different die
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/roguelike/heres-slice-and-dice-the-roguelike-rpg-where-each-of-your-party-members-is-a-different-die/
After a while of kicking around on other platforms, Slice & Dice has finally come to Steam, so I'm going to take this occasion to let you know that it exists!

Larian originally wanted Baldur's Gate 3 to have multiple narrators, also Astarion was a tiefling
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/baldurs-gate/larian-originally-wanted-baldurs-gate-3-to-have-multiple-narrators-also-astarion-was-a-tiefling/
This past Thursday at GDC 2024 saw Larian Studios boss Swen Vincke give a talk on "The Secrets of Baldur's Gate 3." The biggest news out of that was Vincke letting everyone know that Larian was done with Baldur's Gate 3, and will be moving on to new things in the future.
(...)
But he also shared some what-ifs and insights into the early design of Baldur's Gate 3. Including the particularly strange alternate reality where Baldur's Gate 3 had multiple narrators—that is to say, more than one Dungeon Master narrating your adventures and misadventures through the Forgotten Realms. It's an approach they realized wouldn't quite work after mocking up a cinematic where the dungeon master narrated around audio from voice actors.

Larian CEO has been 'Reading the Reddit threads' and wants us to remove our tinfoil hats, says Wizards of the Coast isn't the reason Baldur's Gate 3 is finished
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/baldurs-gate/larian-ceo-has-been-reading-the-reddit-threads-and-wants-us-to-remove-our-tinfoil-hats-says-wizards-of-the-coast-isnt-the-reason-baldurs-gate-3-is-finished/
Aside from whatever patches Larian has in mind, Baldur's Gate 3 is donezo, and the news has more than a few people looking for someone to blame. For many, the answer is obvious: Dungeons and Dragons licence-holder Wizards of the Coast (WOTC). Speculation abounds that WOTC did something to scupper its relationship with Larian, dooming our hopes of more BG3 forever.
But Larian CEO Swen Vincke has now come out to say that's not the case. In a post on Twitter, Vincke said he's been "Reading the Reddit threads," and felt obliged to clarify the situation, at least a little. "WOTC is not responsible for us taking a different direction," wrote Vincke, "On the contrary, they really did their best and have been a great licensor for us, letting us do our thing." Rather than a dramatic falling out, Vincke says the decision to leave D&D behind is because "it's what's best for Larian."
>> If you want to worry or be mad with WotC, don't be because of that. Do it because WotC now owns the BG3 characters..

Larian's saying goodbye to Baldur's Gate 3 by giving us some 'really evil' endings
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/baldurs-gate/larians-saying-goodbye-to-baldurs-gate-3-by-giving-us-some-really-evil-endings/
Baldur's Gate 3 is one of the few RPGs rich in evil options where I actually stuck to mostly heroic deeds in my first playthrough. But I'm doing my total scumbag run at the moment, which means the news that Larian's working on some more evil endings is music to my ears. 

FF14 Dawntrail will release in July, with early access a few days earlier
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/mmo/ff14-dawntrail-will-release-in-july-with-early-access-a-few-days-earlier/
Final Fantasy 14: Dawntrail will release on Tuesday, July 2, 2024 with early access a few days earlier on Friday, June 28. Director and producer Naoki Yoshida announced the dates while speaking at PAX East 2024, via a translator. He also announced the pre-order bonuses and collector's edition bonuses to come with the expansion's release.
>> Why will the early access last only one week? Simple: the Elden Ring DLC.