By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:
hellobion2 said:

I use steam achivment manager on way too many games!

Is there a manager for achievemnts on Steam? I don't pay too much attention on them, except in some games, but still check the list of achievements when I finish a game to see what kind of things I was supposed to do to get them (and then forget about it), or when I get a notification of progress on one achievement, to see what it's about.

Even if I'm sometimes pissed when some Steam achievements don't unlock correctly (happens in some games in offline mode... so when I'm playing my Steam Deck on the go)... I wouldn't risk an account ban for that.

Also it would completely devalue all my Steam Achievement progress of decades playing.

Last edited by Conina - on 14 January 2024

Around the Network

Since all lithium batteries will have nominal voltages of around 3.7 V, these are just being built with different configurations of serial and parallel cells. So the ROG has four serial cells, the Steam Deck has two, the MSI Claw and the Legion Go have three each. In any case, they'll be using switch regulators to step the voltage up or down depending on the necessity.

Of course, that's never 100% efficient. I'm sure their engineers designed the best product they could for the (cost-limited) components they had available, so I suppose the more expensive ones should be better overall.

haxxiy said:

Since all lithium batteries will have nominal voltages of around 3.7 V, these are just being built with different configurations of serial and parallel cells. So the ROG has four serial cells, the Steam Deck has two, the MSI Claw and the Legion Go have three each. In any case, they'll be using switch regulators to step the voltage up or down depending on the necessity.

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation!

Oh, and I was wrong with the 25 Watts TDP limit on battery power for "The Claw":

And I press "X" for doubt to intels claim, to get 35 Watts (plus a few Watts for the Display, RAM, etc.) for two hours out of a 53 Wh battery.

Ouch... I hope they can fix that with a day one BIOS update.

Last edited by Conina - on 14 January 2024

Conina said:
haxxiy said:

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation!

Oh, and I was wrong with the 25 Watts TDP limit on battery power for "The Claw":

And I press "X" for doubt to intels claim, to get 35 Watts (plus a few Watts for the Display, RAM, etc.) for two hours out of a 53 Wh battery.

Ouch... I hope they can fix that with a day one BIOS update.

They can't. Their is a reason AMD APUs are preferred in this space. Meteor Lake isn't as efficient. It has larger battery, but I think that's to ensure they have similar battery life to their competition despite a higher power draw.

Conina said:
JEMC said:

Is there a manager for achievemnts on Steam? I don't pay too much attention on them, except in some games, but still check the list of achievements when I finish a game to see what kind of things I was supposed to do to get them (and then forget about it), or when I get a notification of progress on one achievement, to see what it's about.

Even if I'm sometimes pissed when some Steam achievements don't unlock correctly (happens in some games in offline mode... so when I'm playing my Steam Deck on the go)... I wouldn't risk an account ban for that.

Also it would completely devalue all my Steam Achievement progress of decades playing.

I didn't know you could get banned for that. It's good to know.

But as I said, I'm not into getting every possible achievement a game has. It usually requires to change the way you play it or to replay the game several times, and that can ruin the fun, at least for me. Besides, some achievements are weird. I've found myself earning an achievements that less than 20% of users have and think to myself how could so little people have it, while there are times, after finishing the game and checking the list of possible achievements, that I wondered how could anyone get some of them.

So yeah, if I get them it's nice, but if I not them it's ok.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I didn't know you could get banned for that. It's good to know.

Well, as far as I know it only happened so far in one game:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2646360117223389965/

But I don't want to step on this slippery slope anyways, no maatter how low the ban risk is.

Yeah - achievement modding isnt worth it lol.

Speaking of achievements, for some reason I had 2,200+ but it went down to the 2,000s again.

Wonder what happened.

Hey guys a question do you still think it’s worth it to have a desktop with the advent of the steam tech.

BiON!@ 

I'd say that it depends on a personal basis, but if a laptop hasn't been enough to replace your desktop, none of those handheld PCs will do it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

hellobion2 said:

Hey guys a question do you still think it’s worth it to have a desktop with the advent of the steam tech.

Yes.

I dont have any reason to buy a laptop or a steam deck (or any other portable PC device).

Desktop PCs provides me all I want for PC gaming.