By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

Well, the gap between AMD's 7600 and the 770XT GPUs is big enough to fit the 7600XT and bring some fight to Nvidia's 4060, but I don't see where they'll be able to fit something like the 7800.

The hypothetical 7700 would depend on how well the 7600XT performs.

I think the 7600XT will be an overclocked 7600, similar to the 6650XT over the 6600XT, but with twice the VRAM. Since the chip is already using the full amount of CU and the next one is much bigger, I doubt AMD will use a cut-down Navi 32 for this one and stay with the Navi 33.

The 7700 meanwhile should probably be the same chip as the 7700XT, but with more CU deactivated and lower TBP. I'm thinking something like 48CU and a TBP of 200W. The bigger question for me is if they stay at 12GB VRAM or go down to 10 like the 6700 non-XT did.

The 7800 could be something along the line of a "green" 7800XT, so same amount of CU, but with lowered clock speeds and TBP.

Alternative: New chips with Navi 3.5. But outside of the 7600XT (and 7500-7400 low-end GPUs), I don't see the point.

Around the Network

Evolution of Intel's iGPUs from 9th gen (Whiskey Lake) to 14th Gen (Meteor Lake)

https://www.phoronix.com/review/intel-gen9-mtl-graphics

Crazy how much they evolved in that short time. Also good to see the power consumption of Meteor Lake being more akin to Tiger Lake than Alder Lake.

Random_Matt said:

This gen is selling poorly. Nvidia's answer? Let's release some even more expensive editions.

As far as I'm aware, the 4080 Super and 4070Ti Super are supposed to replace the vanilla variants and the same price. In theory we should see more performance for the same price, but we'll see how it really goes.

The 4070 Super should coexist with the vanilla version, and that will be more expensive.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

Well, the gap between AMD's 7600 and the 770XT GPUs is big enough to fit the 7600XT and bring some fight to Nvidia's 4060, but I don't see where they'll be able to fit something like the 7800.

The hypothetical 7700 would depend on how well the 7600XT performs.

I think the 7600XT will be an overclocked 7600, similar to the 6650XT over the 6600XT, but with twice the VRAM. Since the chip is already using the full amount of CU and the next one is much bigger, I doubt AMD will use a cut-down Navi 32 for this one and stay with the Navi 33.

The 7700 meanwhile should probably be the same chip as the 7700XT, but with more CU deactivated and lower TBP. I'm thinking something like 48CU and a TBP of 200W. The bigger question for me is if they stay at 12GB VRAM or go down to 10 like the 6700 non-XT did.

The 7800 could be something along the line of a "green" 7800XT, so same amount of CU, but with lowered clock speeds and TBP.

Alternative: New chips with Navi 3.5. But outside of the 7600XT (and 7500-7400 low-end GPUs), I don't see the point.

Let's not forget that Navi 33 is monolithic while Navi 32 is based on a more chiplet design, so yeah, an overclocked Navi 33 for the 7600XT would make the most sense.

The 7700, as I said, depend on how much of an improvement the 7600XT is over the 7600. Looking a bit around, there seems to be roughly a 40% performance difference between the 7600 and the 7700XT. If the 7600XT relies on higher clocks and more memory (I doubt the 7600 is limited by it at 1080p), I'd be surprised if it manages to bring a 10% improvement, leaving another 30% in there to for that theoretical 7700.

The biggest problem, at least in my view, is the price of these new cards. If we look at the MSRP, the 7600 is $270, the 7700XT is $450 and the 7800XT $500. How are you going to fit not one but two new GPUs, the 7600XT and 7700 in $180? Even worse, the 7700XT is an upsell for the 7800XT so, how can you fit another card in those $50 without making it completely irrelevant?

Either AMD will launch these new cards with price drops for the 7600 and 7700XT, or the new cards will cannibalize each other.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Apparently I'm using Epic's store too frequently by grabbing the free games, or so it tells me. Doesn't even help if I try using my mobile connection, which should definitely have a different IP address, so Epic even more dumb than usual, I guess.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Evolution of Intel's iGPUs from 9th gen (Whiskey Lake) to 14th Gen (Meteor Lake)

https://www.phoronix.com/review/intel-gen9-mtl-graphics

Crazy how much they evolved in that short time. Also good to see the power consumption of Meteor Lake being more akin to Tiger Lake than Alder Lake.

Yeah, Arc now has a comparable IPC to RDNA3, at least in synthetic benchmarks.

On the other hand, they were destroyed on the CPU side despite now having a comparable node to TSMC's N5 with Intel 4.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

Apparently I'm using Epic's store too frequently by grabbing the free games, or so it tells me. Doesn't even help if I try using my mobile connection, which should definitely have a different IP address, so Epic even more dumb than usual, I guess.

What do you mean Epic knows? Have you been prompted with a message or what? I haven't seen anything, but I haven't picked all the games.

Also, if you're using your account, it shouldn't matter if you're picking the games from your PC or your phone, right? It's still the same account.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Zkuq said:

What lol

Never heard of this happening before.

Have you tried clearing your cache or restarting the browser and trying it again?

JEMC said:
Zkuq said:

What do you mean Epic knows? Have you been prompted with a message or what? I haven't seen anything, but I haven't picked all the games.

Also, if you're using your account, it shouldn't matter if you're picking the games from your PC or your phone, right? It's still the same account.

I don't think I said or implied anything about knowing, so not sure what you mean. But yeah, I was logged out for some reason once I opened the site, and trying to log in displayed that error before even letting me enter my password. Turns out there was a major issue with Epic logins anyway, so just Epic being Epic, I guess - it's all good now, and I have one more free game I'll probably never play.

Why I mentioned the mobile thing in the first place is that perhaps someone had the same IP adress at same point and had been doing something Epic didn't like (login attemps, DoS attacks, etc.), so I figured it should work on my phone, since it's a different IP address. Didn't help, but a major issue with logins in general certainly explains my trouble.

BasilZero said:
Zkuq said:

What lol

Never heard of this happening before.

Have you tried clearing your cache or restarting the browser and trying it again?

Nah, it seems to have been an issue on Epic's part after all. Well that's what I suspected from the beginning anyway, but I guess it wasn't just me, so even worse than I thought. It's all good now though.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT Launches In January In Custom Flavors Only, Might Be The Last RDNA 3 GPU Before RDNA 4

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-7600-xt-launches-januarycustom-flavors-only-might-be-last-rdna-3-gpu/

Garbage like this is why we should not waste our time with wccftech, red gaming tech and other less credible outlets.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

AMD Might Be Working On More RDNA 3 GPUs: Radeon RX 7800, RX 7700 & RX 7600 XT Spotted

https://wccftech.com/amd-more-rdna-3-gpus-radeon-rx-7800-rx-7700-rx-7600-xt-spotted/

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Zkuq said:

Had this issue myself a few hours prior but it sorted itself out. Must be a mishap with their servers.