By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:
WoodenPints said:

Payday removed it a few days before launch and on the same day Lies of P added it a few days before launch lol

The funny thing is that, in my opinion, both are doing it for the same reason: Starbreese has (or had) money troubles, so they need all the possible goodwill to sell as many games as possible, and removing the hated Denuvo may help them. On the other hand, the ones behind Lies of P have realized that people are looking forward to their game, and have thought that adding Denuvo will ensure that people has to their game.

Denuvo is pretty sad because it only punishes people who buy your game and they seem to think someone pirating the game is a lost sale but since people who are going to pirate it were never going to buy it whether it had Denuvo or not it makes no sense and some of the info we have seen it's not cheap for publishers and/or developers to add it that they are just throwing money away. 

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

One thing to keep in mind is that MS did sign a 10 year call of duty deal with Nintendo so they will be making games for the Switch 2 regardless of what it's power profile will be. But if Nintendo is able to get a nice power profile for the switch 2 that makes it easy for third party game devs to port it over, we may be able to finally break the curse of Nintendo consoles failing "every other generation." The price will be the big question though.

I didn't express myself properly, but you're absolutely right.

I meant a proper CoD port, because with the Switch we've seen some releases that were cloud streamed games, which is a bit like cheating.

But well, it's not like Activision launches (m)any other games besides CoD, right?

Anything from Blizzard, so Diablo may be ported, too

WoodenPints said:
JEMC said:

The funny thing is that, in my opinion, both are doing it for the same reason: Starbreese has (or had) money troubles, so they need all the possible goodwill to sell as many games as possible, and removing the hated Denuvo may help them. On the other hand, the ones behind Lies of P have realized that people are looking forward to their game, and have thought that adding Denuvo will ensure that people has to their game.

Denuvo is pretty sad because it only punishes people who buy your game and they seem to think someone pirating the game is a lost sale but since people who are going to pirate it were never going to buy it whether it had Denuvo or not it makes no sense and some of the info we have seen it's not cheap for publishers and/or developers to add it that they are just throwing money away. 

Indeed. To pretend that any pirated copy is a lost sell has been proven wrong many times before, but some developers or publishers (more likely the ones to blame), prefer to put that crap in the game, even if it ends hurting the paying customers more, than accept the possibility of losing one single sale.

Sad, but it's the reality we live in.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

I didn't express myself properly, but you're absolutely right.

I meant a proper CoD port, because with the Switch we've seen some releases that were cloud streamed games, which is a bit like cheating.

But well, it's not like Activision launches (m)any other games besides CoD, right?

Anything from Blizzard, so Diablo may be ported, too

I'm not sure about Diablo. Blizzard seems more focused on porting Overwatch 2 to every possible platform to try to turn it into the success they hoped.

But well, who knows what they'll come up with.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Big game leaks

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Next console gen will arrive in 2028 so plan upgrading accordingly as buying hardware before the new generation launch usually ages poorly

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

'28 for next gen would certainly make sense if the mid-gen refreshes are coming next year. Fuck yeah for Dishonored 3. Fallout 3 and Oblivion better be closer to remakes than remasters given how they've aged.

Preview of whats to come next generation... Sure sounds like what Nvidia is giving us with the RTX generation, just 8 years early lol

https://videocardz.com/newz/xbox-series-2024-refresh-and-next-gen-xbox-details-leak-out-microsoft-considering-amd-zen5-and-navi5-architectures

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 19 September 2023

Well, Zen 6 and RDNA5 are both basically confirmed for 2 nm then.

It's Tuesday and these are the news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Steam's Top 10

(Click here for the Top 100)

GOG has launched two more sales:

Steam has new offers and weeklong deals

The Humble Store has three new sales:

Fanatical has launched the Mystery Vault Bundle, with up to 20 unknown games to get: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/mystery-vault-bundle.

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

INTEL Arc & Iris Graphics 31.0.101.4826
https://videocardz.com/driver/intel-arc-iris-graphics-31-0-101-4826
Highlights
Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:

• Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
  • Payday 3
  • Lies of P
  • Party Animals

Game performance improvements versus Intel® 31.0.101.4824 software driver for:

• Hitman Absolution (DX11)
    • Up to 17% uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
  • Bioshock Infinite (DX11)
    • Up to 27% uplift at 1080p with Very High settings

Fixed Issues
Intel® Arc™ Graphics Products:

• Trackmania (DX11) may experience an application crash during game launch.

INTEL® ARC™ CONTROL FIXED ISSUES:

• Intel® Arc™ Control may consume higher than expected system memory

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Starfield just got an amazing Star Wars Mandalorian Mod
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/starfield-just-got-an-amazing-star-wars-mandalorian-mod/
Modder ‘Xaroph’ has released an amazing mod for Starfield that is heavily inspired by the Mandalorian bounty hunter from Star Wars. This is a must-have mod for all Star Wars fans who are currently playing Bethesda’s latest title, and we highly recommend downloading it.
Going into more details, the mod replaces the Mantis armor with the custom versions of the Guard armor and Starborn helmet. These new custom designs are similar to those that the Mandalorian wears. As such, you’ll be able to feel like Mando himself. That, or you can make your character feel like Boba Fett. Hooray.
Now all we need is a lightsaber mod. However, I don’t know whether this will be possible without the Creation Kit. Thus, we may have to wait until 2024 as that’s when Bethesda will release the Starfield Creation Kit on PC.
>> The article has some screenshots.

GAMING NEWS

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden gets an official gameplay overview trailer
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/banishers-ghosts-of-new-eden-gets-an-official-gameplay-overview-trailer/
Focus Entertainment has released an official gameplay overview trailer for Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden. Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is a new action RPG from DON’T NOD, and this latest trailer explains its gameplay mechanics.

Tekken 8’s next Closed Beta phase begins on October 20th
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/tekken-8s-next-closed-beta-phase-begins-on-october-20th/
Bandai Namco has announced that the next Closed Beta phase for Tekken 8 will begin on October 20th. Moreover, the team has released a new trailer that reveals a new character for this upcoming Tekken game, Feng.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Tuesday news, part two:

Just in case you murder everyone, Baldur's Gate 3 has back-up NPCs—and even back-ups for its back-ups
https://www.pcgamer.com/just-in-case-you-murder-everyone-baldurs-gate-3-has-back-up-npcsand-even-back-ups-for-its-back-ups/
Baldur's Gate 3 is a game of almost unparalleled freedom, and we all know what that really means: the freedom to murder any NPC you can get your hands on. Usually, the danger of any RPG murder spree is that you might kill someone who's vital to a later main quest event, and end up locked out of progressing. But it turns out Larian's accounted for that by giving certain NPCs back-ups to replace them if they perish—and even back-ups for the back-ups.
>> By the way, the cast will appear on a livestream reprising their roles this week.

DC Comics adamant The Wolf Among Us' source material is not in the public domain, as its creator calls them 'thugs and conmen' and insists it is
https://www.pcgamer.com/dc-comics-adamant-the-wolf-among-us-source-material-is-not-in-the-public-domain-as-its-creator-calls-them-thugs-and-conmen-and-insists-it-is/
Days after Fables author Bill Willingham—whose work was adapted into Telltale's The Wolf Among Us—announced he had thrust the series into the public domain as a form of "asymmetric warfare" against DC Comics, the publisher has proclaimed that it still very much owns the rights.

Former BioWare manager wishes Dragon Age had kept a 'PC-centric' and 'modding-driven' identity like Neverwinter Nights
https://www.pcgamer.com/former-bioware-manager-wishes-dragon-age-had-kept-a-pc-centric-and-modding-driven-identity-like-neverwinter-nights/
The future of Dragon Age feels particularly unclear right now. Information on the sequel Dragon Age: Dreadwolf is still sparse and BioWare recently laid off over 50 employees, including the writer of Dragon Age's most beloved character. Given how bleak that all seems, I'm plenty happy to imagine an alternate universe future for the series as shared by its former studio lead, who wishes BioWare had kept a more "PC-centric, Neverwinter-like identity" for Dragon Age.

They just won't stop: War Thunder has deleted yet another military manual from its forums
https://www.pcgamer.com/war-thunder-12th-military-leak-f-177/
You can really hear the exasperation in this terse statement from Konstantin Govorun, head of PR at War Thunder publisher Gaijin Entertainment: "Our moderators quickly nuked the post, deleted the files and banned the user. This is probably 12th time this happens."

Vaguely threatening Final Fantasy 14 KFC crossover confirms the Colonel's canon job, and I'm scared for the local chocobo population
https://www.pcgamer.com/vaguely-threatening-final-fantasy-14-kfc-crossover-confirms-the-colonels-canon-job-and-im-scared-for-the-local-chocobo-population/
Looks like we're getting another foodie crossover in Final Fantasy 14. Yesterday, the Twitter/X account for KFC Japan posted a short, ominous video of the Colonel overlooking the cliffs of La Noscea with the caption (courtesy of Google translate): "Colonel Sanders is steadily preparing for a new adventure in another world…"

Mortal Kombat 1 may be facing some PC performance issues, but hey, at least it's not the terrifyingly hilarious Switch version
https://www.pcgamer.com/mortal-kombat-1-may-be-facing-some-pc-performance-issues-but-hey-at-least-its-not-the-terrifyingly-hilarious-switch-version/
While I've never been sold on Mortal Kombat's theatrical violence and roster design, I've gotta say that Mortal Kombat 1 is rather beautiful. Well, on PC at least. It looks pretty damn good on PlayStation and Xbox, too. Nintendo Switch, however? It, uh, looks like a game alright. If games were total and utter nightmare fuel.
(...)
PC players have been facing a handful of performance issues too, though nothing on the scale of its portable version. Stuttering across story mode seems to be particularly common right now, something that NetherRealm has acknowledged as a problem and is currently working on a permanent solution for. It's an annoying quirk for sure, but at least we don't have to stare at an unsettlingly plastic Johnny Cage. For that I'm thankful.

Diablo 4 continues to walk back changes from its fiendishly unpopular 1.1 patch, boosting XP gain on World Tiers 3 and 4
https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-continues-to-walk-back-changes-from-its-fiendishly-unpopular-11-patch-boosting-xp-gain-on-world-tiers-3-and-4/
In the lead-up to Diablo 4's first season back in July, the game received a patch that was universally unpopular. That feels like an understatement—the community revolt was fierce enough to cause an honest-to-Lilith emergency broadcast where the devs stated: "we don't plan on doing a patch like this ever again".
Far from repeating the mistakes of the past, it seems the Diablo team are slowly reversing them entirely. As spotted by Gamesradar, a hotfix has increased the experience gain for killing monsters in World Tier 3 by 5%, and 15% in World Tier 4.