By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Zkuq said:
Captain_Yuri said:

If Lovelace is anything like Turing, the Super refreshes will be properly priced for their performance. But at some point, you just gotta bite the bullet and go with Nvidia or Radeon depending on your needs and price point.

Should we really be expecting Super refreshes though? Did we get something like that last gen, or am I just forgetting something? But yeah, looks like I will soon be biting a bullet, whichever bullet that's going to be... I've been getting some blue screens as well, and it sounds like it might be a hardware issue (or not, since there's several different causes listed as always, but sounds more worrying than usually), so patience might not be sufficient at this point anymore.

Well last gen a bit of an oddity with the crypto stuff and what not. In fact around the end of Pascal, we had the same crypto situation which presumably led to the high prices for Turing as well. With this gen, because Backwell is supposed to be delayed till 2025, I think there is a very good chance of Super refreshes. In the past, we had the "Ti" refreshes like 1080 Ti, 1070 Ti, etc.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Zkuq said:

Should we really be expecting Super refreshes though? Did we get something like that last gen, or am I just forgetting something? But yeah, looks like I will soon be biting a bullet, whichever bullet that's going to be... I've been getting some blue screens as well, and it sounds like it might be a hardware issue (or not, since there's several different causes listed as always, but sounds more worrying than usually), so patience might not be sufficient at this point anymore.

Well last gen a bit of an oddity with the crypto stuff and what not. In fact around the end of Pascal, we had the same crypto situation which presumably led to the high prices for Turing as well. With this gen, because Backwell is supposed to be delayed till 2025, I think there is a very good chance of Super refreshes. In the past, we had the "Ti" refreshes like 1080 Ti, 1070 Ti, etc.

I guess that's a fair point. I'm not sure I have the luxury of time though, which is really unfortunate. I'll try to keep that in mind when making decisions though, so thanks (in practice, it might push me towards getting a used GPU temporarily, but we'll see).

Zkuq said:

That's... possibly a great Humble Choice for me personally. That's three games I know I'm interested in, and perhaps the others have pleasant surprises as well. Does anyone know if The Outer Worlds also includes the original? I hear Spacer's Choice Edition has some serious technical issues, so I'm not exactly very interested in it (would be a non-issue if it included the original as well, and would also probably cost no extra for the publisher).

No, the older version ain't included. Also the save games of my GamePass version don't seem to be compatible (or are in the wrong folder).

I started a new character and so far I haven't experienced any problems.

It seems that many problems were fixed with patch 1.3:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1920490/discussions/0/3833172420306775754/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1920490/discussions/0/3833172420306775754/?ctp=2

Exoprimal by Capcom looks actually pretty fun. Many interesting classes :

Please no more... I have already all these games to do or redo with mods :

+ Valkyrie Elysium, Watch Dogs 2, Forspoken, NieR Replicant and Soul Hackers 2.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who got so many games to do here. Fucking discount sales !

Conina said:
Zkuq said:

That's... possibly a great Humble Choice for me personally. That's three games I know I'm interested in, and perhaps the others have pleasant surprises as well. Does anyone know if The Outer Worlds also includes the original? I hear Spacer's Choice Edition has some serious technical issues, so I'm not exactly very interested in it (would be a non-issue if it included the original as well, and would also probably cost no extra for the publisher).

No, the older version ain't included. Also the save games of my GamePass version don't seem to be compatible (or are in the wrong folder).

I started a new character and so far I haven't experienced any problems.

It seems that many problems were fixed with patch 1.3:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1920490/discussions/0/3833172420306775754/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1920490/discussions/0/3833172420306775754/?ctp=2

Yeah, I looked it up earlier, and while it doesn't sound like things are necessarily great yet, 1.3 does sound to have improved things quite a bit. I ended up getting the bundle, so now the question is when I'm going to get around to actually playing the game. I'll probably get to Ozymandias first, but there's a lot of games in my backlog that I'll probably play first...

-Adonis- said:

Please no more... I have already all these games to do or redo with mods :

+ Valkyrie Elysium, Watch Dogs 2, Forspoken, NieR Replicant and Soul Hackers 2.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who got so many games to do here. Fucking discount sales !

Wow, that's already hundreds of hours of gameplay... Good luck with your backlog! I know I'm not having much luck with mine, although I suppose I'm actually catching up at this point (not that many interesting new games recently, so I can focus on older games).

Around the Network

I understand.

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 04 July 2023

So finally, after a year of waiting, a friend of mine decided to bite and grab Sea of Thieves and wanted me to play with him.

Now I'm also new to the game, same as he is, and while things started off great, we soon learned that the game has it's fun moments, but also it's sweatlords.

Nearly every session we have, either at the start, or near the end of a night's session, there is always some rando bunch of players that will willingly go well out of their way to chase you down for a lot less. Take for example, 2 days ago:

I log in, friend already has a common chest and an ammo crate he wants to sell, so I spawn on his ship as we approach an outpost dock. I see another bigger ship with it's sails up, docked at the other side of the outpost and warn my friend, but he says "they might be friendly" (My paranoia of other players in PVPVE games says otherwise), so we both carry out loot and make our way towards our respective vendors to sell to.

Then outta absolutely nowhere, two pirates emerge from the bushes near each of the huts to shoot me and my friend down, and while I nearly kill one of them, the other intervenes and kills me with the sweatiest 360 sword slashing (literally went in a circle around me while spamming his sword, like it's a game of ragdoll TF2). I get annoyed, as does my friend and I type "wtf man", and all I can hear is some semi Indian dude with a smug voice coming from his mic, utter "you jus need to git gud man haha".

They then proceed to spawn camp out boat, then throw firebombs on it and they basically keep killing us till the boat sinks and they sell out two measly bits of loot.

Now we've had worse than that on our first day (our first was a reaper class crew rolling up to a large island we were on and strategically killing me, my friend, and his boat, all at the same time, like they were Seal Team 6. That's when I also learned that Reapers are the type of PVP players that want to fight everyone else, even PVE and PVP sweatlords (but I guess they are another type of sweatlord, since they are shown to everyone on the map when they use the reaper's flag).

Now while we've had those issues, that still wasn't the end of them, because another friend of mine decided to get the game last night and once they hopped on, I joined them on to show them how to do their first gold hoarder emmisary voyages (basically treasure hunting for that Alliance). We get like 1 chest and decie to drop it off to the nearest port. A few moments later this one fucking Sloop (starting ship) teleports outta nowhere and gives chase to us for a whole fucking hour, non stop, and while we do get away, they ended up doing what I found out as "server hopping", and that allowed them to teleport very close behind us again, and it was then that I told my other friend to just scuttle the ship and we can hop to another server with my original friend, who just came back home from work.

Needless to say, last night's session was a lot better, because all 3 of us got to some good fishing, good looting, got a bigger boat and nearly took down another sloop of 2 sweatlords (who also tried to chase us down, and I looked this up, and it turns out that it is quite common for 2-man sloop sweatlords to target anyone, because they have nothing to really lose with such a small boat and it is often more agile to go around bigger boats.

Overall, fun was had, but I am fully aware now that Rare really fucking needs to split PVE players from PVP, because PVE players end up putting in hours upon hours of work trying to get all the loot they can from 1-3 voyages, only for PVP only players to swoop in with nothing on their ship, and with nothing to lose, meaning they have to work little for their enjoyment/gains, and this is a core issue I find with PVPVE (also doesn't help that in PVPVE, PVE players are disregarded as players and treated more as food for PVP players to feat on).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

So finally, after a year of waiting, a friend of mine decided to bite and grab Sea of Thieves and wanted me to play with him.

Now I'm also new to the game, same as he is, and while things started off great, we soon learned that the game has it's fun moments, but also it's sweatlords.

Nearly every session we have, either at the start, or near the end of a night's session, there is always some rando bunch of players that will willingly go well out of their way to chase you down for a lot less. Take for example, 2 days ago:

I log in, friend already has a common chest and an ammo crate he wants to sell, so I spawn on his ship as we approach an outpost dock. I see another bigger ship with it's sails up, docked at the other side of the outpost and warn my friend, but he says "they might be friendly" (My paranoia of other players in PVPVE games says otherwise), so we both carry out loot and make our way towards our respective vendors to sell to.

Then outta absolutely nowhere, two pirates emerge from the bushes near each of the huts to shoot me and my friend down, and while I nearly kill one of them, the other intervenes and kills me with the sweatiest 360 sword slashing (literally went in a circle around me while spamming his sword, like it's a game of ragdoll TF2). I get annoyed, as does my friend and I type "wtf man", and all I can hear is some semi Indian dude with a smug voice coming from his mic, utter "you jus need to git gud man haha".

They then proceed to spawn camp out boat, then throw firebombs on it and they basically keep killing us till the boat sinks and they sell out two measly bits of loot.

Now we've had worse than that on our first day (our first was a reaper class crew rolling up to a large island we were on and strategically killing me, my friend, and his boat, all at the same time, like they were Seal Team 6. That's when I also learned that Reapers are the type of PVP players that want to fight everyone else, even PVE and PVP sweatlords (but I guess they are another type of sweatlord, since they are shown to everyone on the map when they use the reaper's flag).

Now while we've had those issues, that still wasn't the end of them, because another friend of mine decided to get the game last night and once they hopped on, I joined them on to show them how to do their first gold hoarder emmisary voyages (basically treasure hunting for that Alliance). We get like 1 chest and decie to drop it off to the nearest port. A few moments later this one fucking Sloop (starting ship) teleports outta nowhere and gives chase to us for a whole fucking hour, non stop, and while we do get away, they ended up doing what I found out as "server hopping", and that allowed them to teleport very close behind us again, and it was then that I told my other friend to just scuttle the ship and we can hop to another server with my original friend, who just came back home from work.

Needless to say, last night's session was a lot better, because all 3 of us got to some good fishing, good looting, got a bigger boat and nearly took down another sloop of 2 sweatlords (who also tried to chase us down, and I looked this up, and it turns out that it is quite common for 2-man sloop sweatlords to target anyone, because they have nothing to really lose with such a small boat and it is often more agile to go around bigger boats.

Overall, fun was had, but I am fully aware now that Rare really fucking needs to split PVE players from PVP, because PVE players end up putting in hours upon hours of work trying to get all the loot they can from 1-3 voyages, only for PVP only players to swoop in with nothing on their ship, and with nothing to lose, meaning they have to work little for their enjoyment/gains, and this is a core issue I find with PVPVE (also doesn't help that in PVPVE, PVE players are disregarded as players and treated more as food for PVP players to feat on).

And this is the main reason why I don't play much multiplayer games anymore

Bofferbrauer2 said:

And this is the main reason why I don't play much multiplayer games anymore

See for me, I know all too well that I'm getting too old for PVP, because back in my day, ppl weren't bunny hopping, zig-zag strafing and doing such janky looking movements around you, just to get a kill, and it's why I believe that "gentlemen's rules" in gaming died around 2 decades ago, because now it seems to be hard coded with "I do whatever it takes to win" (cheating/hacking, abusing glitches, abusing meta, enforcing meta over other players, abusing lag, causing lag).

So far me and my two mates haven't been fully put off SoT, but all 3 of us do absolutely wish we could do PVE in peace. I know the Ai in the game aren't really as hardcore as AI you'd find in other AI based games (seriously, SoT skeleton/ghost Ai give you way too much time to dodge/fight back, unless it's a boss), but we still find it fun to go about killing the Ai, seeking out the treasure and discovering mysteries on each island, and generally taking in the beautiful vistas (the sunrise/sunsets and water in the game is possibly some of the best I've seen in a cartoony style).

My issue lies primarily with devs still continuing to abuse the PVE aspect of PVPVE, in that I am being lured into an AI generated experience, but at the same time, I am being treated as cannon fodder for another type of player's main course, meaning I am their form of content, and my form of content is not really full content that I can enjoy on my own, because any other player can both come in and kill me, while selling the content I just worked hard farming. 

I would absolutely love nothing more than for some dev to have the balls to stand up at a GDC event and say "look, I think you're all abusing PVE players in your PVPVE modes, and I feel like you need to give PVE players more love/more space, or allow the two to split from one another, or simply just make a PVP game, if you are going to cater more towards PVP players" (which is what Rare is technically doing, and doesn't want to admit, because we sitll don't have PVE servers or a PVP toggle mode). 

I want to play V Rising sometime again, but once again, that is also a PVPVE game, and I really, really did not enjoy having someone come out during the day to cut down every single tree around me, forcing me out into the sun, allowing them to easily finish me off. That just wasn't a fun experience and that was what originally put me off playing anymore V Rising. 

PVE is absolutely for me, but devs need to stop abusing my wants and my content to be used as window dressing/bait for me to walk into a cage so PVP players can eat me alive, because that's now respectful, that's disregarding.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

See for me, I know all too well that I'm getting too old for PVP, because back in my day, ppl weren't bunny hopping, zig-zag strafing and doing such janky looking movements around you, just to get a kill, and it's why I believe that "gentlemen's rules" in gaming died around 2 decades ago, because now it seems to be hard coded with "I do whatever it takes to win" (cheating/hacking, abusing glitches, abusing meta, enforcing meta over other players, abusing lag, causing lag).

How far back are we talking? Cuz that stuff is basically as old as competitive online shooters themselves.

Personally I moved away from online PvP when I realized I was only having fun when I was dominating the field and I could play for hours and still leave the game pissed off. Maybe it's different in the live service era but 'back in my day' it was also kind of a repetitive waste of time where you never really accomplished or experienced anything new; a thousand hours in SP games could take you on all kinds of varied adventures and make you richer for the experience. A thousand hours in a conventional competitive shooter or fighting game just gits you gudder at shooting or beating people up (virtually).