By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

One thing I will say is that while the new NH-D15 will likely have the best performance out of the air coolers, I think it kinda looks ugly compared to the Deep Cool offerings.

I'll be interested to see the performance differences between them tho but I wish Noctua put in more effort to the aesthetics of their flagship cooler.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I expect AMD to lower those prices before release. They saw with the 7600 that the prices they were targeting initially were simply too high to be viable, even if there ain't any stock of previous-gen GPUs left. The 7600XT especially looks very badly priced, but the entire stack could go down by $30-$80 depending on the card.

As for NVidia, $50 for a mere 2GB extra VRAM? GTFO of here! And at that price, the RX 7600 will curbstomp that 4050 without breaking a sweat and even the 7500 could beat it in raster

Yea, I'd expect them to revise a few things come launch. AMD did change the price of the 7600 a few days before review embargoes lifted. I doubt they'll heavily undercut Nvidia though. AMD just dont have the mindshare that Nvidia has and has to be priced less, even if they have higher specs. And true, that 4050 is super rough. 2/3rds of the SM's of the 4060 and 6GB is a joke for 250/200. By the time that releases the 7600 will likely cost the same and be quite a bit faster.

Just hope AMD just launches cards at the right price from the get go. They'll get way better press and reviews that way. And a lot more sales from launch. Rather than the crap reviews, annoy gamers waiting for these cards only to stealth discount it later. Like if they took a modest hit to their margins, and offered a 7800 60 CU 16GB card for $519 (preferably closer to 500) thats a touch faster than a 4070, that would fly off shelves.

@Captain_Yuri Yeah the new NH-D15 V2 looks pretty ugly. Idk if its the new fan design but that color is not doing it any favors. They should've made the Chromax the default colour and maybe a top plate to cover the heatpipes. It wouldn't have added any significant cost to the cooler (if any) and woud've make it look much more modern and sleek.

Noctua coolers have never been about looks, but performance, and they're not changing that now. If you want better looking coolers, there have always been alternatives, like the beQuiet ones.

That Deepcool cooler looks good, no doubt about it, but it will be interesting to see how it performs since the fan shown in the pic is actually the rear one as this model has a fan in the middle and one in the rear, but not a front fan.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

hinch said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I expect AMD to lower those prices before release. They saw with the 7600 that the prices they were targeting initially were simply too high to be viable, even if there ain't any stock of previous-gen GPUs left. The 7600XT especially looks very badly priced, but the entire stack could go down by $30-$80 depending on the card.

As for NVidia, $50 for a mere 2GB extra VRAM? GTFO of here! And at that price, the RX 7600 will curbstomp that 4050 without breaking a sweat and even the 7500 could beat it in raster

Yea, I'd expect them to revise a few things come launch. AMD did change the price of the 7600 a few days before review embargoes lifted. I doubt they'll heavily undercut Nvidia though. AMD just dont have the mindshare that Nvidia has and has to be priced less, even if they have higher specs. And true, that 4050 is super rough. 2/3rds of the SM's of the 4060 and 6GB is a joke for 250/200. By the time that releases the 7600 will likely cost the same and be quite a bit faster.

Just hope AMD just launches cards at the right price from the get go. They'll get way better press and reviews that way. And a lot more sales from launch. Rather than the crap reviews, annoy gamers waiting for these cards only to stealth discount it later. Like if they took a modest hit to their margins, and offered a 7800 60 CU 16GB card for $519 (preferably closer to 500) thats a touch faster than a 4070, that would fly off shelves.

At least going from those specs it looks like the 7700 cards will be a pretty decent upgrade over the 6700/XT, same for the 7600XT if those specs are true.

Now if AMD would also price them accordingly, they could walk over most of the NVidia line-up in a similar price region while offering more memory than those cards to boot. If only...

The 7700 *should* be around 95% of the 4070 in raster if it has comparable clocks to the 6700, so it's an OK deal. Could have been $499, though.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

The 7700 *should* be around 95% of the 4070 in raster if it has comparable clocks to the 6700, so it's an OK deal. Could have been $499, though.

You mean the XT variant? Because the non-XT version is $479 already

Apparently they are putting screens on fans now.

https://lian-li.com/23-computex-uni-fan-series/

Intel 14th Gen Raptor Lake Refresh Desktop CPU Whispers From Computex: More Power Hungry, Faster Clocks, Faster Memory Support

https://wccftech.com/intel-14th-gen-raptor-lake-refresh-more-power-hungry-faster-clocks-faster-memory-support/

• Same Architecture as Raptor Lake (Raptor Cove P-Cores + Gracemont E-Cores)
  • Same Process Node as Raptor Lake (Intel 7 aka 10nm++)
  • Higher Clock Speeds Beyond 6.0 GHz
  • Support For Faster DDR5 Memory DIMMs
  • Much Higher Power Consumption (Close To 300W)
  • Compatibility With Existing LGA 1700 / 1800 Socket Motherboards

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bofferbrauer2 said:

haxxiy said:

You mean the XT variant? Because the non-XT version is $479 already

Yeah the 54 CU one. The non-XT should have been $449.

Captain_Yuri said:

Apparently they are putting screens on fans now.

https://lian-li.com/23-computex-uni-fan-series/

Intel 14th Gen Raptor Lake Refresh Desktop CPU Whispers From Computex: More Power Hungry, Faster Clocks, Faster Memory Support

https://wccftech.com/intel-14th-gen-raptor-lake-refresh-more-power-hungry-faster-clocks-faster-memory-support/

• Same Architecture as Raptor Lake (Raptor Cove P-Cores + Gracemont E-Cores)
  • Same Process Node as Raptor Lake (Intel 7 aka 10nm++)
  • Higher Clock Speeds Beyond 6.0 GHz
  • Support For Faster DDR5 Memory DIMMs
  • Much Higher Power Consumption (Close To 300W)
  • Compatibility With Existing LGA 1700 / 1800 Socket Motherboards

Regular fans from certain brands are already quite expensive, and the RGB models even more. I dread to think how much these ones with screens will cost. It wouldn't surprise me if a pack of three of those fans cost as much as a good mid-tower case.

And those 14th gen CPUs seem, at least in my opinion, a waste of silicon. The performance increase will be minimal while the power consumption will go through the roof.

I don't see who will buy them, other than those that need to have the latest and best parts possible.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:

The sad part is that Nvidia's leak had no indication of a Bloodborne port which is the main reason I thought it was legit lul

No Bloodborne but Demon's Souls is in the list.