By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

kirby007 said:

Might have missed it but Epic has the bioshock collection as freebie, wasn't going to pay for it since i have them all on my 360 but this might be a good reason to revisit them

nvm was posted 3 days ago hehe

I try to post it with the Thursdya news because it matches the time Epic refreshes its store and when I post the news.

I got the first one for the 360 and the second one at Steam (plus the Remastered version they gave for free for the owners of the game), but I missed Infinity. Now I have all the whole collection.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Those machines are supposed to be handheld PCs. Increase the size of the screen and you're going against the main purpose of those things.

They already did it, it's just that you don't like what you got.

Chazore said:

Also, excuse me while I facepalm at humanity for a second:

You may find it dumb, but the Geneva convention is (mostly) right. The importance and significance of the Red Cross (or Red Crescent) can't be overlooked and, when it comes to videogames, it's trivialized in most cases.

The Red Cross means safety, a place where you won't be attacked while receiving medical treatment. Not a stopgap between battles to get patched. That's why there is a problem with how medkits are used in videogames, where they're used during fights while still being shot at or in a room with lots of ammo because there's a big fight behind the next door or corridor.

With that said, I see no problem with videogames using the red cross as long as they are implemented the right way, in rooms or map sections with no enemies around so thatt he safety part of its meaning can be shown.

Also, the nurses in Silent Hill didn't need the red cross to be recognized as such.

I loved Battlefront 1 and 2 from EA, despite 1 mostly being online based, but to me those were better than Souls Wars, which is why I'm still waiting for something other than a continuation of that side of the franchise. I wasn't big on the fighters only game either. 

Yes, but I fail to see why games are being pressed more harder against with that law, than say, Russia sending agents to the UK to poison defectors tea with radiation poison and getting away with it, but when it's a character wearing a nurse outfit, all bets are off, do you see what I'm pushing here?.

There have been numerous times since the creation of the convention and there have also been times where it has not been enacted properly or to a full extent, and I see it being pushed onto gaming as an abuse of the law, when it is clearly not being pushed far, far harder in the real world, I actually find it batshit insane that this is even happening or is a thing, and I won't accept excuses for that level of insanity either (I truly am sorry, but I will die on this hill with valour, because I've seen the real world get away with chemical warfare and seeing this just makes me both angry and depressed at humanity). 

There are far more important matters the world should be attending to than a character's costume or a first aid box made up of pixels, for real...far bigger needs.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Yes, but I fail to see why games are being pressed more harder against with that law, than say, Russia sending agents to the UK to poison defectors tea with radiation poison and getting away with it, but when it's a character wearing a nurse outfit, all bets are off, do you see what I'm pushing here?.

I don't know what you think the Convention of Geneva is, but it's a series of rules about how to treat victims of war, wether civilians or wounded and captured soldiers. Spies poisoning civilians is not an act of war and the Convention of Geneva has nothing to do with it.

Chazore said:

There have been numerous times since the creation of the convention and there have also been times where it has not been enacted properly or to a full extent, and I see it being pushed onto gaming as an abuse of the law, when it is clearly not being pushed far, far harder in the real world, I actually find it batshit insane that this is even happening or is a thing, and I won't accept excuses for that level of insanity either (I truly am sorry, but I will die on this hill with valour, because I've seen the real world get away with chemical warfare and seeing this just makes me both angry and depressed at humanity). 

There are far more important matters the world should be attending to than a character's costume or a first aid box made up of pixels, for real...far bigger needs.

It isn't hard to realize that it's easier to control a product, like a movie or videogame, than a real war scene where one or both sides will try to hide what they're doing.

Also, let's not fool ourselves, when it comes to videogames, it's mostly used in shooters and other action based games, and not in the best way as I said in my earlier post.

And yes, there are lots of troubles in the world, but very few of them concern the Geneva Convention. You're focusing your anger in the wrong direction.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Pemalite said:

Only a 6" display. I know... It's how you use it. But 6" is pretty disappointing. 7.5-8" would be ideal.

I am holding off on buying one of these devices for the time being, letting them mature some more.

Those machines are supposed to be handheld PCs. Increase the size of the screen and you're going against the main purpose of those things.

They already did it, it's just that you don't like what you got.

I have a 7" Android tablet/Handheld console, thing for years, same model as this:

The device could easily accommodate an 8" panel by shaving off those bezels.
It's actually a good size for me, still portable, but the screen nicely pops.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

The Monday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Steam's Top 10

Crafting sequel My Time at Sandrock off to a strong start
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/crafting-sequel-my-time-at-sandrock-off-to-a-strong-start/
Cartoonishly adorable crafting game My Time at Portia's got a sequel out in early access, and My Time at Sandrock seems to have built on the reputation of Pathea Games' first title. According to site SteamDB, My Time at Sandrock has already eclipsed My Time at Portia's all-timeconcurrent player record, sporting over 18,500 players on its launch day of May 26th, a solid win over Portia's lifetime best of 13,299. Today, on Saturday the 28th, Sandrock has gone to a high of 21,778 concurrent players.

GOG has three new flash deals and a new Weekly Sale. By the way, GOG has so many sales active at the same time as of late that it's getting difficult to keep track of them, so, from now on, I'll do the same with the Steam ones and only post the new deals. Anyway, here we go:

Steam brings two new sales:

The Humble Store has several new deals:

And Fanatical has two new sales:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

-Empty-

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Kyty is the first PS5 emulator for PC that is available for download
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/kyty-is-the-first-ps5-emulator-for-pc-that-is-available-for-download/
Developer InoriRus has released the first Playstation 5 emulator for the PC that you can download right now. Alongside PS5, Kyty can also emulate Sony’s previous game console, PS4. And although it is in a very early stage, it can launch some commercial PS4 games.
Before continuing, you should temper your expectations. No, you can’t run the latest PS4 games with this emulator. No, the performance of the emulated games is not that great. And no, this isn’t anywhere close to the quality of the best PS3 emulator (which still has major issues with numerous games), RPCS3.
According to InoriRus, Kyty lacks support for audio input/output, MP4 video, Network, and Multi-users. It cannot also display/run any commercial PS5 games.
For what it’s worth, Kyty is the third PS4 emulator that is in active development. The other two are Spine and GPCS4. All three of them are still in an early development stage.
>> One has to wonder how useful will this emulator be when even Sony will make its 1st party titles available on PC, but I guess there's always room for some niche exclusives.

Elden Ring Seamless Co-op Mod is now available for download
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/elden-ring-seamless-co-op-mod-is-now-available-for-download/
In April 2022, we informed you about a new co-op mod for Elden Ring. And today, we are happy to report that modder LukeYui has released its first beta version.
Seamless Co-op Mod allows you to play with friends throughout the entirety of the game with no restrictions. With this, it’s theoretically possible to play the game from the tutorial up to the final boss completely in one co-op session.
Players are free to explore the entire game map (overworld, underground, legacy dungeons, etc.) together. Furthermore, they may split up if they wish.
This mod disables Easy Anti-Cheat, preventing you from connecting the FromSoftware’s matchmaking servers. Thus, you won’t be banned from using it. Additionally, you may be able to use other mods alongside it.

Mass Effect 3 Remastered Mod overhauls species & diversifies NPCs
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/mass-effect-3-remastered-mod-overhauls-species-population-numbers/
Elcor, Appreciation and Society have released a pretty cool mod for Mass Effect 3 Remastered/Legendary Edition that aims to overhaul and diversify the game’s NPCs.
According to the team, this mod brings better species’ population balancing, and outfit/appearance diversification. As such, Mass Effect 3 will now have more diversified NPCs (in a good way).
It’s also worth noting that this mod will work as a foundation for new content introduced by content mods such as Spectre Expansion Mod.
>> Be aware that it's still in Alpha.

This Skyrim Special Edition Mod adds Nordic-style armor & weapons
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/this-skyrim-special-edition-mod-adds-nordic-style-armor-weapons/
NordwarUA has released a cool new mod for Skyrim Special Edition that adds several sets of Nordic-style armor and weapons to the game.
As the modder noted, the main purpose of this mod was to create models similar to historical models with the addition of fantasy elements.

Zelda Ocarina of Time Remake in Unreal Engine 5 available for download
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/zelda-ocarina-of-time-remake-in-unreal-engine-5-available-for-download/
Last month, we informed you about the latest version of the Zelda Ocarina of Time Fan Remake in Unreal Engine 4. And a few days ago, CryZENx ported the Temple of Time Demo to Unreal Engine 5 with support for both UE5’s Lumen and NVIDIA’s DLSS tech.
According to CryZENx, Unreal Engine 5 has many new features that can boost the development of this fan remake. Lumen also appears to be working great with this project. Additionally, players can take advantage of DLSS and get a 20% performance boost (using it from Quality to Ultra Performance).
>> Be aware that it's locked behind a Patreon wall, so it's not free, at least yet. Still, you can check the 7 minutes long video showing it.

How to have the best Daggerfall experience in 2022
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/daggerfall-mods-setup-guide/
Despite being a multiplatform hit, Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series is rightly considered a cornerstone of PC gaming. Sprawling open-world RPGs built for freedom of choice, full of expressive systems of play and intricate character customization. No two players have the exact same experience, and everyone has stories to tell.
However, it wasn't until Morrowind that modding became a key feature. The earlier, less customizable games have been left to languish, frozen in DOS-emulated time. Rough and clunky, Daggerfall in particular was a game of seemingly boundless ambition and scale (including the largest world map in the series by far), but held back by bugs, broken systems and DOS-era limitations that were only slightly mitigated by valiant fan-patching efforts.
Until now.
Thanks to the herculean efforts of independent developer Gavin 'Interkarma' Clayton, Daggerfall has been fully reserve-engineered and ported to the Unity engine. While there's still the occasional rough edge, it's already more polished, stable and playable than the DOS version ever was, packed with quality-of-life improvements and fixes for ancient bugs. Even better, it’s hugely moddable, and new user-made content for it pops up every day.

Now you can play Fallout 3's Point Lookout DLC in Fallout 4
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/now-you-can-play-fallout-3s-point-lookout-dlc-in-fallout-4/
Point Lookout was my favorite Fallout 3 expansion, adding an island full of in-bred mutant yokels who've grown thickly callused forearms they hold up to stop you headshotting them, and drugged-up locals who send you on a psychedelic visionquest. It's weird, funny, and a pretty good time, and now you can play it in Fallout 4.
Fallout 4 - Point Lookout comes from the team behind the Capital Wasteland project, which made our list of the six most ambitious Fallout mods in development right now. When Capital Wasteland is complete it'll contain most of Fallout 3 and its DLC, with newly recorded dialogue, playable in Fallout 4. They've already released a bunch of their work as standalone mods for Fallout 4, bringing forward things like the super mutant companion Fawkes, classic metal armor and Vault outfits, Capital Wasteland robots, and more.

GAMING NEWS

New gameplay footage surfaces for the H.R. Giger-inspired game, SCORN
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/new-gameplay-footage-surfaces-for-the-h-r-giger-inspired-game-scorn/
It appears that the developers of SCORN have been sharing numerous small gameplay teasers from it these past few weeks. And, thankfully, YouTube’s cycu1 has put the newest ones in one short clip, thus giving us a glimpse at how the game currently looks.

Around the Network

Monday news, the long part two:

FromSoftware finally, officially confirms that Dark Souls servers are coming back
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/fromsoftware-finally-officially-confirms-that-dark-souls-servers-are-coming-back/
After months of speculation and unconfirmed reports of incoming fixes, FromSoftware has finally, officially confirmed that it is bringing back online servers for the Dark Souls games on PC.

Destiny 2's new Duality dungeon is a 'daring mind-heist' of a corrupt space emperor
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/destiny-2-duality-dungeon-trailer/
With Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted now upon us, it's time to get our first look at the newest dungeon to be added to the mix: Duality, a chilling descent into the shattered psyche of the exiled Cabal Emperor Calus, where players will "pull off a daring mind-heist and steal his darkest secrets."

Hearthstone's newest mini-set arrives next week
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/hearthstones-newest-mini-set-arrives-next-week/
A new mini-set is coming to Hearthstone as part of the next major update that's set to arrive on June 1. The Throne of the Tides mini-set will include 35 new cards—four legendary, one epic, 14 rare, and 16 common—that can be found in Voyage to the Sunken City card packs, or purchased all together in standard or Golden sets.
>> It's this week.

Guild Wars 2 players can't stop winning a group event they desperately want to lose
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/guild-wars-2-players-cant-stop-winning-a-group-event-they-desperately-want-to-lose/
Guild Wars 2's public events have always been a strength, in my book. Players scattered across maps flock together to defeat a boss or defend a fort, and endgame group events sometimes require a lot of coordination to nail. As cool as they are, they've long been a source of bickering (shoutout to the early days of the boss break bar being introduced) because inevitably, not everyone is on the same page.
Now Guild Wars 2 players are once again at war with each other over a public event, only this time it's… because they just can't manage to lose?

Ace Combat 7 takes the Hiiiiighway to the Danger Zone
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/ace-combat-7-takes-the-hiiiiighway-to-the-danger-zone/
Of the many secret shames that I work so hard to keep hidden from the prying eyes of polite society is that I have never seen Top Gun. It's a bit strange, really, because I dig cool fighter jets and Kenny Loggins, yet somehow that's never jelled into time spent enjoying the sweaty antics of Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, and other brooding icons of faux-military machismo.
Anyway, to the point: The long-awaited sequel Top Gun: Maverick is now in US theaters, and to celebrate the return of Cruise as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell—who by now must be the oldest jet jockey in the Navy, if not the entire US military—Bandai Namco is bringing classic American jets and more to Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.

Investors group urges shareholders to vote out Activision Blizzard directors
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/investors-group-urges-shareholders-to-vote-out-activision-blizzard-directors/
SOC Investment Group, the activist shareholder organization dedicated to "organizing workers' capital into an effective voice for corporate accountability" that has previously criticized how much CEO Bobby Kotick is paid (and, more recently, demanded his removal), is urging company shareholders to vote against the re-election of six of the company's ten board of directors.

Overwatch and CoD teams reportedly owe Activision Blizzard up to $420 million
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/overwatch-and-cod-franchises-reportedly-owe-activision-blizzard-up-to-dollar420-million/
According to a report by independent journalist and former ESPN writer, Jacob Wolf, the teams of the Overwatch and Call of Duty Leagues owe Activision Blizzard up to $420 million in deferred payments.
>> That's a lot of money.

The Embracer Group is now collecting historical games in addition to developers
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-embracer-group-is-now-collecting-historical-games-in-addition-to-developers/
The Embracer Group, a massive conglomerate formerly known as THQ Nordic AB, has recently announced a game preservation initiative called the Embracer Games Archive with the stated goal to "archive and save as much of the videogames industry as possible."

Yager's latest will hit full release in June with a proper first season
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/yagers-latest-will-hit-full-release-in-june-with-a-proper-first-season/
Players versus players versus alien monsters, that's the pitch for upcoming game The Cycle: Frontier, where teams of prospectors drop to the surface of an alien world to mine precious resources before rushing to a dropship to escape with their loot intact. It's a formula that Yager has been testing for a few years now, and it'll properly release in June of this year, with a preseason starting on June 8th before the proper launch and Season 1 on June 22nd.

City builder Kingdoms and Castles gets AI factions in free expansion-sized update
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/city-builder-kingdoms-and-castles-gets-ai-factions-in-free-expansion-sized-update/
It's probably been a minute since you thought about Kingdoms and Castles, a well-liked indie city builder that released in 2017. Well, think again, because Kingdoms and Castles just got a big ol' free update adding a host of new stuff. Perhaps most shockingly, what was previously a lonesome survival game now has AI Kingdoms for you to trade with, engage in diplomacy with, and battle.

Phasmophobia's got a couple new ghosts on the way
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/phasmophobias-got-a-couple-new-ghosts-on-the-way/
As usual the developers of Phasmophobia are doing their best to ruin my day by adding more ghosts, two to be precise, in the upcoming 0.6.2 update. They've posted some blurry text in a development blog on Steam. It doesn't take a genius to puzzle it out, but the implications are particularly awful:

Here's the Diablo Immortal release roadmap
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/heres-the-diablo-immortal-release-roadmap/
Blizzard has laid out the release roadmap for Diablo Immortal's ahead of its full launch on June 2nd, which if you haven't heard is coming to PC after all, in addition to mobile devices. You can already pre-load Diablo Immortal for PC right now, via Battle.net, and can consult the handy chart for when it'll properly kick off. A single account will work across both PC and mobile devices.

Crystal Project is a love letter to JRPGs and job systems
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/crystal-project-is-a-love-letter-to-jrpgs-and-job-systems/
Indie JRPG Crystal Project has seen a lot of positive buzz from fans since it released, a non-linear JRPG where you're free to explore the world and play around with an extensive system of custom classes. Presently sitting at 784 reviews on Steam, 92% positive, Crystal Project might be the game to beat in indie JRPG design this year.

Free fan game Pocket Crystal League offers up Pokémon by way of Inscryption
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/free-fan-game-pocket-crystal-league-offers-up-pokemon-by-way-of-inscryption/
Pocket Crystal League is a Pokémon-style card game, but it's not, you know, the Pokémon Card Game. This free project on itch.io by independent developer moodytail retrofits colorful, Pocket Monsters fun to the addictive structure of last year's indie card game hit, Inscryption.

V Rising's latest patch makes it easier for vampires to find stairs
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/v-risings-latest-patch-makes-it-easier-for-vampires-to-find-stairs/
V Rising crept up on us this month with its blood-sucking monsters, and within three days 500,000 players had already started new unlives. For developer Stunlock Studios, that's meant a lot of feedback to sift through, and the latest update makes another dent—albeit a small one—to the list. If you've had trouble finding stairs, you're in luck.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

I try to post it with the Thursdya news because it matches the time Epic refreshes its store and when I post the news.

I got the first one for the 360 and the second one at Steam (plus the Remastered version they gave for free for the owners of the game), but I missed Infinity. Now I have all the whole collection.

Bioshock series is great.

I played through the original 1 and 2 on Steam alongside Infinite (which was the first one I played). Finished Infinite last from back to back playthrough.

Got it redeemed on EGS but I dont think I'll be playing it on EGS anytime soon since I have the remastered versions on Steam too along with that I have the collection on Switch as well.

I liked the first one. I wasn't blown away by it like some people and press, but I enjoyed it. I started the second one but, for some reason I don't remember, I stopped playing it and didn't come back. I didn't have Infinity before so I can't comment on this one either.

I once played the three modern Wolfenstein games one after the other and I'll never do something liek that again. I was too much of the same.

you stopped playing the second one due to the big daddy pilot moments which IMO suck the fun out of the otherwise great game!
Also i got into daggerfall unity due to some random wellspoken youtuber with a tie, very recommended

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ray Tracing has less CPU overhead on Nvidia GPUs than AMD:

It's interesting how between UE5 and now these heavier Ray Tracing titles, the GPUs are becoming less and less of the issue and instead, the CPUs are not able to keep up. Sometimes you may see websites claim a 3090 Ti not being able to hold a solid 60fps at 1080p in this game but they fail to realized that it's because the GPU is being under utilized.

I do find it amusing that when you have heavy Ray Tracing titles, we are seeing the early signs of GCN days during DX11 where Nvidia GPUs had lower CPU overhead and ran a lot more efficiently. Tick Tock AMD. If RDNA 3 doesn't get with-in 10% Ray Tracing performance, I get the feeling we will be back to those days.

Samsung, STOP CHEATING

I posted the video from HDTV test when they first found out but essentially, Samsung has been rigging standard tests methods. Great TV still but Samsung gonna Samsung.

AMD Mendocino APU Specs Leak Out: Athlon & Ryzen 5 Lineup For FT6 Socket, 2 RDNA 2 Compute Units, Up To 32 GB LPDDR5, 4 PCIe Gen 3 Lanes

https://wccftech.com/amd-mendocino-apu-specs-leak-out-athlon-ryzen-5-lineup-ft6-socket-2-rdna-2-compute-units-up-to-32-gb-lpddr5-4-pcie-gen-3-lanes/

I know it's supposed to be low powered but 2 RDNA 2 CUs? Really?

MSI MEG 342C QD-OLED: MSI introduces its first Quantum Dot OLED monitor with HMI 2.0 technology

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-MEG-342C-QD-OLED-MSI-introduces-its-first-Quantum-Dot-OLED-monitor-with-HMI-2-0-technology.622925.0.html

This allows you to control monitor functions such as brightness and etc right from your keyboard. Now that I think about it, this is very dumb that every non budget monitor doesn't have this. Laptops had this for how many decades now?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

kirby007 said:

you stopped playing the second one due to the big daddy pilot moments which IMO suck the fun out of the otherwise great game!
Also i got into daggerfall unity due to some random wellspoken youtuber with a tie, very recommended

I didn't really made it too far in the game, so I'm not sure if I got to the part you mention.

I mostly stopped playing because I had some headaches and FPSs aren't exactly the best type of game to play in those cases (well, ok, no game is actually a good idea, but some are worse than others), and when they stopped I went to play other things and didn't come back.

Getting them all could be a good excuse to play it, but first I have to finish the game I'm playing now, Saints Row The Third Remastered.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

I liked the first one. I wasn't blown away by it like some people and press, but I enjoyed it. I started the second one but, for some reason I don't remember, I stopped playing it and didn't come back. I didn't have Infinity before so I can't comment on this one either.

I once played the three modern Wolfenstein games one after the other and I'll never do something liek that again. I was too much of the same.

The first one was good for me.

The second one not so much...but the Minerva's Den DLC was great.

Infinite is my most favorite of the three, I liked the setting, characters and everything in general. The DLC which takes you back to Rapture was okay.

I wasnt that big fan of Rapture but Columbia was awesome.

Havent played any of the Wolfenstein games, I should though cause I have them all lol

Rapture was a good setting, very original and with a great personality but, because it was in shambles, it limited its appeal.

I'd also like to check if this is true