By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

^Is it on sale? I see Europa Universalis III, not IV on sale. Or do you mean another game?

Anyway, a couple of news:

VALVE ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT VR, PHYSICS ENGINES, AND OpenGL AT GDC

Just before Christmas Valve said they wouldn’t be running their Steam Dev Days conference this year, instead they’d be having a “larger than usual presence at GDC”. Looking through GDC’s recently published schedule you can see what they meant. Valve are involved with four presentations across the conference.

While none of the talks are about specific games it’s very likely the developers will use Valve’s upcoming games as examples in their presentations. March could see the largest reveals Valve have made in years.

Continue reading →

And speaking of Valve

VALVE WILL BE SHOWING OFF SteamVR HARDWARE AT GDC

Valve’s gentle probing of VR has just been kicked up a notch. At GDC, next week, Valve will be revealing a “previously unannounced SteamVR hardware system” along with the new Steam Controller and devices for the living room

Continue reading →

THE Homeworld 2 Remastered TRAILER LOOKS GLORIOUS

The Homeworld Remastered launch is nearly upon us, and today Gearbox just released the Homeworld 2 “story trailer” which does a nice job of showcasing the massive visual upgrades Gearbox performed, as well as the higher-stakes of the Homeworld 2 campaign. It’s not hard to make Homeworld look gorgeous, but damn if this trailer isn’t haunting.

Continue reading →

God, I hope trucks is able to bring back the formating options and finds a way to embed videos.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
JEMC said:

^Is it on sale? I see Europa Universalis III, not IV on sale. Or do you mean another game?

I think it was. I clicked on it and it was just the base game that was 75% off, none of the DLC or anything. Must have only been temporary I can only see EU3 now as well.

Oh well, temptation gone so that's good I suppose

It's good for your wallet, that's for sure

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

A few more news.

→CITIES: SKYLINES & TOTAL WAR: ATTILA ARE THIS WEEK’S BEST SELLING PC TITLES ON STEAM, GMG & UK

The latest PC UK retail, Green Man Gaming and Steam digital charts have been revealed and as we can see, Total War: ATTILA and Cities: Skylines are this week’s best selling titles in UK, on GMG and on Steam.

Continue reading →

→EARTHLIGHT IS A FIRST-PERSON EXPLORATION GAME SET ON THE ISS USING THE OCULUS RIFT AND KINECT 2

Have you ever wanted to do a spacewalk above the vast and encompassing blue dot that we call home? Well developers Opaque Multimedia are about to offer you the chance to do just that, albeit in the space of virtual reality. Their new game, Earthlight, is a first-person exploration game that’s set on the International Space Station. It’ll use both the Oculus Rift and Microsoft Kinect 2 to provide a full body mapping system, and ensure that immersion is at the forefront of the experience.

Read and Comment

→NVIDIA APOLOGISE FOR GTX 970 MEMORY DEBACLE: "we won't let this happen again"

Yesterday, we learned that over a hundred owners of new flagship GPU, the GTX 970, are suing Nvidia for “overstating the card’s performance”. The crux of the issue lies within the amount of RAM the card has: 4GB on the box, but in actual fact the additional 1GB is segmented in half. Nvidia’s co-founder and CEO, Jen-Hsun Huang has stepped up to offer an explanation, and to apologise for the confusion caused.

“This new feature of Maxwell should have been clearly detailed from the beginning,” said Huang. “We’ll do a better job next time.”

Read and Comment

Personal Note: Does he really mean that they will do this (cap a card for no good reason) again? *rolleyes*

→SID MEIER'S STARSHIPS RELEASE DATE SET FOR T-MINUS MARCH 12TH

2K and Firaxis Games have revealed the release date and pricing for Sid Meier’s Starships. The adventure-driven space strategy game - that will also tie into Civilization: Beyond Earth - will clear the launch pad on March 12th, for PC, Mac and iPad for the modest sum of $14.99.

Read and Comment

You guys can post news too, you don't have to leave me with all the glory.

Maybe Valve dis a mistake and put it on sale a bit too early, so they pulled it off. It wouldn't be the first time. With the free trial, I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up.

To those upset with Resident Evil Revelations 2 lack of local co-op, PC Gamer notes that Capcom is offering refunds to those who bought the game through Steam.

Around the Network

Why are Capcom refunding when they should be fixing the issue for the long term, giving the money back is good but they've done some damage, not fixing the issue will just leave another stain.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Why are Capcom refunding when they should be fixing the issue for the long term, giving the money back is good but they've done some damage, not fixing the issue will just leave another stain.

My guess is that it's easier and cheaper to refund the few gamers that will ask for it than fixing the game to include that option.

After all, this won't damage Resident Evil more than some of its past games.

Two new games from Stardock, makers of Galactic Civilizations and Fallen Enchantress.

Ashes of the Singularity

The wars of the future aren’t fought with a mere few dozen units, but thousands of deadly robotic constructs smashing each other into scrap only to be replaced by a steady stream of fresh war machines from the endlessly churning factories of the post-humans and their sentient AI foe.

The technological singularity has ended life as we know it. Humanity has abandoned its crude organic bodies for the fully networked existence of artificial, augmented consciousness. Yet as the post-humans’ powers grow, their humanity wanes. The lone sentient AI, Haalee, once led humanity to the stars but now finds herself in an existential conflict to determine the fate of the galaxy – and all galaxies.

Ashes of the Singularity is a new real-time strategy game in which players fight for control of entire worlds. Multiple armies battle it out across vast landscapes as the player tries to take control of the key regions of the map to obtain their valuable resources.

Thanks to Oxide Games’ Nitrous engine, which allows for thousands of units to clash onscreen at once, each acting independently with multiple individually targeted weapons systems and ballistics models, Ashes of the Singularity is able to deliver a game experience that is both deep and approachable.

Players are able to manage their massive armies through a new game concept called the "meta-unit." The meta-unit allows Ashes’ enormous scale to translate into fun gameplay. By grouping units together into a meta-unit, you make them aware of each other and alter their behavior to fight intelligently together and support one another. Because a meta-unit can take care of itself within its means, your attention is freed to direct the overall war effort – a good thing, as Ashes of the Singularity’s maps and unit counts are an order of magnitude larger than in a traditional RTS.

Key Features:

• Massive Scale -- Thousands of units fighting in multiple armies across a world
  • Strategic Depth – Players fight for control of regions and their resources while maintaining their supply lines
  • Innovative Design -- Units can be combined together for form meta-units that work together and make their combined special abilities easily accessible to the player 
  • Feel Nitrous’ power – Experience groundbreaking Nitrous engine visual fidelity for the first time, which redefines the concept of scale in real-time strategy games.

Video - not that great quality

Off-screen video

Servo

From the minds behind some of the most iconic PC games in the last two decades comes an incredible new title: Servo, a real-time strategy game that marries the persistent progression of gathering and equipping scavenged loot with intense RTS gameplay. Created by ex-Ensemble Studios developers at Allen, TX-based independent studio BonusXP and published by Stardock, Servo is now available for pre-order at http://www.servogame.com/store for $19.99. Servo will enter Early Access in the coming months before its release later in 2015 and is set to be unveiled at this year's Game Developer's Conference in booth 2655.

Servo puts players in command of a team of far-future mercenaries who pilot their immensely powerful giant war machines, called Servos, in dangerous missions to profit from the deadly but valuable Bloom that consumed Old Earth centuries ago. Though humanity fled the doomed Earth decades ago, the way home has recently reopened – and the mysteries lying dormant in Old Earth’s ruins will change humanity’s fate once again.

All of Servo’s modes demand players master the economic, tactical, and strategic layers that make up the backbone of deeply involved real-time strategy gameplay. Capture Bloom sources to power global upgrades and Servo-supporting drone armies in order to win competitive player-versus-player games. Survive wave upon wave of terrible Bloomspawn attacks through skillful coordination with friends in co-op battles. Unravel the mysteries of Old Earth by overcoming the unique challenges in each of the 25 story-based missions.

Win or lose, every battle unlocks new parts to equip onto your Servos. Void Beams, Hydra Launchers, Nemodium Blades, and much more can be slotted into the dozen-plus slots on each Servo. Designing a team of Servos that works well together to execute your strategies – and can react to the new challenges each match brings – is as important as building up an economy or landing a perfect rocket swarm.

The team behind Servo includes longtime Ensemble Studios and Age of Empires veteran Dave Pottinger and respected strategy mind Bruce Shelley, whose design credits include Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, and Age of Empires.

Video

Was hoping for Sins of a Solar Empire 2 but I'll keep an eye on these two. They both look very similar to the point that Servo looks like it could just be another game mode for Ashes of Singularity. (I know it isn't of course.)

Get a heavy Supreme Commander vibe from both titles. I hope Sins of a Solar Empire 2 will happen one day.

Valve has revealed the final form of its Steam Controller and its price:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/4/8149643/hands-on-with-the-final-version-of-the-steam-controller

There are two touch pads, one on either side, that double as buttons. There are triggers, two bumpers, and two more buttons on the rear of the system on either side. That means that, ignoring the four face buttons, two touch pads and analog stick, there are six buttons on the rear of the controller.

The controller is coming this November, for $49.99

Here's another (and really big) picture of the controller, from Gamespot