By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Intel Alder Lake Pricing And Release Date Leaked By Microcenter (i7-12700K and i9-12900K)

https://hothardware.com/news/intel-alder-lake-pricing-release-date-leaked-us-retailer

The i7-12700K was priced at $470 and the i9-12900K was priced at $670.

Anandtech: "Intel Reaffirms: Our Discrete GPUs Will Be On Shelves in Q1 2022"

https://www.anandtech.com/show/17026/intel-reaffirms-our-discrete-gpus-will-be-on-shelves-in-q1-2022

State of Play returns next Wednesday

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/10/22/state-of-play-returns-next-wednesday/

There's sometimes PC content so...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Meh, the video is an opinion piece more so than actual testing and to be fair, it's not like getting a 6800XT for $400 less than a 3080 is a bad thing by any means. For his needs and his subjective opinion, it's perfectly fine. Heck, he even says he would rather have a 3080 if it were the same price. If I were in his situation, I wouldn't be paying $400 more for a 3080 either (not that I would have jumped on a 6800XT but I am not playing at 4k either).

At the end of the day, AMD GPUs only gives you some features where as Nvidia GPUs will give you all the features which is why it's easier to recommend. You like FSR over DLSS? Nvidia has FSR and DLSS so you aren't limited to one or the other. You don't like Ray Tracing? Nvidia has great Raster performance as well but will smoke AMD in those games where you may want to turn it on one day. You do content creation? Nvidia has you covered.

But in todays market where the prices are all over the place, you do need to take into account a number of things and what matters to you because these GPUs ain't cheap.

I still can't shake off the feeling like he's willingly stockholmed himself. Like when you really think about it, (esp with the pros you had in your post) the only thing AMD has going for it is the price and half of FSR. I know they have some features, but I'm an all or nothing kind of guy, and being on PC, I'd want access to all those features.

Prices atm suck for a lot of people, as well as availability, but the guy sounds like he chose based on price and tossed full bias into the mix (he could have simply said "can't get no cards, AMD is all I got left", and that would have sufficed for the entire video). 

Yea the only advantage AMD really has with certain GPUs in their line up is the Vram where in certain AMD sponsored games like Far Cry 6, you need 11GB or more to use the "HD Textures." I always find it amusing where you can have a game like Cyberpunk with all it's next gen visuals and Ray Tracing at max settings use less than 10GB of Vram at 4k but ShatCry 6 with last gen graphics and little to no Ray Tracing? Muh 11GB. Obviously we all know it's just AMD trying to make their GPUs look good cause in reality, there's little to no reason to choose them over Nvidia this gen. Hopefully they can really bring it with RDNA 3 cause we really need more proper Ray Tracing games to show off what PC can really do.

green_sky said:

Ahh shiiit here we go again. 

I have the OG trilogy physical copy for pc, sealed. What do. 

Edit: GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS:

• GTA V style controller layout
  • Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in SA
  • Updated weapon and radio selection wheels
  • Updated mini-maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to sett waypoints to destinations
  • The ability to immediately restart a failed mission

VISUAL ENHANCEMENTS:

• Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
  • A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
  • Improved water and weather effects
  • Enhanced detail in trees and foliage
  • Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition

PLATFORM SPECIFIC FEATURES:

• 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
  • NVIDIA DLSS support for PC
  • Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch 

Copy pasta from another forum. 

"4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems"

Only 60 fps? With those graphics?

"NVIDIA DLSS support for PC"

Considering the requirements are higher than GTA V, I was hoping for something better. But it also doesn't look as bad as I was originally thinking. We will see though.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Chazore said:

I still can't shake off the feeling like he's willingly stockholmed himself. Like when you really think about it, (esp with the pros you had in your post) the only thing AMD has going for it is the price and half of FSR. I know they have some features, but I'm an all or nothing kind of guy, and being on PC, I'd want access to all those features.

Prices atm suck for a lot of people, as well as availability, but the guy sounds like he chose based on price and tossed full bias into the mix (he could have simply said "can't get no cards, AMD is all I got left", and that would have sufficed for the entire video). 

Yea the only advantage AMD really has with certain GPUs in their line up is the Vram where in certain AMD sponsored games like Far Cry 6, you need 11GB or more to use the "HD Textures." I always find it amusing where you can have a game like Cyberpunk with all it's next gen visuals and Ray Tracing at max settings use less than 10GB of Vram at 4k but ShatCry 6 with last gen graphics and little to no Ray Tracing? Muh 11GB. Obviously we all know it's just AMD trying to make their GPUs look good cause in reality, there's little to no reason to choose them over Nvidia this gen. Hopefully they can really bring it with RDNA 3 cause we really need more proper Ray Tracing games to show off what PC can really do.

green_sky said:

• Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in SA
  • Updated mini-maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to sett waypoints to destinations

VISUAL ENHANCEMENTS:

• Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
  • A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more

• 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
  • Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch 

"4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems"

Considering the requirements are higher than GTA V, I was hoping for something better. But it also doesn't look as bad as I was originally thinking. We will see though.

I mean with dlss having stable 360fps makes it worth having those top range monitors

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Do AMD and Nvidia have to make their graphics card look good? There is no supply. Even turds are selling. 6600 thing is like $700 bucks.

My green sky take is just buy the one that you can get for close to msrp. For people who want the best they already bought it and don't do discussions. Either at retail price or $2500 for 3080 Ti.

Last edited by green_sky - on 22 October 2021

I think people should buy a GPU that has the most amount of features so that it will last them the longest. If this generation and future prospects is anything to go by, the shortages could last a long time and for many, they either need to settle for less than the GPU they were planning to buy or double their GPU budget if not more. The last thing one should do is buy a GPU only to regret it later down the line.

There may not be as much value in comparing MSRP prices but it is certainly worth comparing the feature sets that you get.

Around the Network

I'm glad I bought a 2070 back in the day to still enjoy a lot of tensor features, but I'm kicking myself for not pursuing my discounted 3090 preorder harder. When I saw its marginal gaming gains over a 3080 I didn't make any fuss when my $950 order never went through, but now that I've started learning CG and doing some offline rendering I'm wishing I had - to say nothing of the potential resale value.

My take on the current GPU situation is the same I've said before: don't bother unless you really need a new card. At this point it's clear that the different problems (crypto, short supply, etc.) won't get solved until well into next year (or 2023 according to Intel), and by then it *could* be wiser to just wait for the next round of cards. Heck, I wouldn't even be against pre-ordering one at MSRP to get a chance to avoid part of the problems we're facing now.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:

Yeah that's the thing that really gets me, is that benchmarkers will only look at what they are told is being used up and what setting requires what, not "oh this is Ubisoft, they have this well known history of shitting out shoddy PC ports with artificial (not legit hand crafted ultra specifically for certain hw) demands from our GPU's".

Like Ubi demanding more VRAm for what is going to look somewhat similar to what current gen is pumping out just makes the demands look pointless and often silly. We just had a few rounds of "ultra settings are rather useless these days" videos on youtube and they're right, because most games in the AAA space have either hit their current ceiling or are tailored towards console level hw. I just took a gander at Crysis Remaster 2-3's PC raytracing settings shots on/off and it hardly looks massively night/day, but the perf drops are stupidly different.

I just think Ubisoft and some other AAA's are trying to slap on "you'll need an ultra mega beefy GPU to run this on ultra", yet Ultra doesn't fucking look like Ultra you stupid plebs...

There's a reason why I stopped with Ubi games after AC Origins (Origins was my final point, because the hw demands were stupid, they even flat out said the textures were identical to consoles for parity and we know they have a history of shoddy PC ports, so it all lines up, making their "we love PC gaming" out to being utterly fake). 

Sorry for that rant, I just don't like how Ubisoft goes about it's ports and using fake masks of sincerity (lack thereof). 

I do hope RDNA 3 does something big, because I've been waiting for years for them to give some good competition in the higher end arena. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

green_sky said:

VISUAL ENHANCEMENTS:

That actually looks like a pretty darn good update. Color me surprised and interested!

The upgraded models and lighting adds a lot imo and then you have all the other stuff like DLSS. The improved targeting system and drive by controls are also nice additions. Actually tempted to get this at launch.

Captain_Yuri said:

State of Play returns next Wednesday

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/10/22/state-of-play-returns-next-wednesday/

There's sometimes PC content so...

GoW (PC) will probably be shown there and I'm going to take a wild guess that Bloodborne remaster will make an appearance. Hopefully we get an actual release date for Ragnarok as well.