By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

World of Diving – New Content Update Released, New Trailer Showcases New Environment

Vertigo Games announced today a World War II themed content update for the Rift-enabled underwater exploration game World of Diving now available as an Early Access game on Steam and other portals. Continue reading

Assetto Corsa – Release Candidate 1.0.0 Now Available – Feature Complete, Supports Oculus DK2

KUNOS Simulazioni has released the Release Candidate version of its sim racing game (that packs some of the best physics we’ve seen in a racing game), Assetto Corsa. This new version adds – among other things – a tyre damage system, Visual/Aero/Engine/Suspension damages, and packs performance optimizations as well as multiplayer improvements. Continue reading

World of Speed – Free Racer From Slightly Mad Studios – Gets BMW M3 E92 Trailer

Slightly Mad Studios and MY.com have released a new trailer for their upcoming free racer, World of Speed, introducing the BMW M3 E92. This legendary German coupe has a top speed of 286 km/h and acceleration to 100 km/h in just 3.9 seconds. Enjoy! Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Lol, nah. It always says 1fps when you include the demo with the benchmark.

But 1 SPS is all you need

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Invisible, Inc update adds two new characters and agent augmentation

Comment

The latest update for Invisible, Inc adds two new spies, Nika and Dr. Xu, who fit nicely into crowd control and support roles respectively. Still, if you don’t like them you could always send them to the surgeon’s table and make a couple of alterations. The update has added agent augmentation to Klei’s XCOM-alike.

Read and Comment

Kerbal Space Program beta starts after next update

Comments3

“The next update will mark a big milestone for us at Squad, as it is the last update focused on Career Mode,” developer Squad write. “After the next release, Kerbal Space Program will reach an internal milestone we call ‘Scope Complete’.”

This doesn’t spell the end of Kerbal Space Program, instead we’re about to see the start of the game’s beta. Squad say that with all the systems in place the team can finally get to work on adding content. Lots, and lots of content.

Read and Comment

Far Cry 4 trailer features edible monkey heads

Comment

Far Cry 4’s latest trailer pulls out all the stops, tigers turning into snow, paint explosions, and a dinner spread of monkey heads. Ubisoft are throwing everything at the screen to get our wallets pre opened for the 18 November release date.

Read and Comment

Warner Brothers to lay off Turbine staff for “strategic alignment of our company”

Comments4

Despite the news that Warner Brothers expects to make $1.5 billion from games next year, the publisher has announced it’s plans to layoff a portion of developer Turbine’s staff. Turbine, who make Lord of the Rings: Online and Warner’s DC moba Infinite Crisis are being cut down in order for [Warner Brothers] to invest in growth areas at Turbine.”

Read and Comment

Stoic considered kickstarting legal fees for use of ‘Saga’

Comments3

In early 2014 Stoic, the developers of The Banner Saga, got caught up in a legal dispute with King, the developers of Candy Crush, or, to give it its full name, Candy Crush Saga, over the word ‘saga’.

King tried to block Stoic from trademarking The Banner Saga. To fight King would take a hefty amount of legal counsel and the money to buy that counsel, so Stoic looked to Kickstarter.

Read and Comment

Make conversation, not war: Galactic Civilizations III gets diplomacy

Comment

Galactic Civilizations III receives a meaty beta update today, giving space rulers options beyond blowing up other species into space dust. Now they can have lots of lovely chats, create treaties, link empires together in a web of trade routes or simply just insult their alien counterparts as a precursor to war. I had a chat with lead designer Paul Boyer to get the skinny on the update. 

“The first thing you’ll notice is that almost everything that was in GalCiv 2 is in now,” Boyer told me earlier this week. “You can now trade ships and planets, and make treaties and trade techs.”

But returning Galactic Civilizations II features don’t make up the entirety of this update. 

Read and Comment

Steam's got 10 free games waiting to swallow up your weekend

Comment

If you are planning a weekend in, trapped in your home with nothing to do, only the glow of your PC monitor to keep you company, then Steam might have you covered. Covered in free games

From now until 1pm PST on Sunday, 10 games in Steam’s gargantuan library are completely free. If you want to play them afterwards, though, you’ll need to dip into your wallet.

Read and Comment

Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault is the single-player campaign you've been waiting for

Comments1

A relentless barrage of mortar strikes rain down on our position. Charging through the pitted, smoke-filled town square means running right into a fierce German tank. My allies in the north shout down the radio - they need help, they need artillery support, but all our artillery has been destroyed by the Germans. We have to charge now. Even if it’s suicidal, we have to push forward. 

This is my third attempt at Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault’s Houffalize mission. It is nothing like the other two. My primary goal and the environment is the same, but everything else is different. This is Relic’s World War 2 strategy game at its most dynamic and most surprising, and even as my men die in collapsing buildings and behind blown up cover, I’m hooked. 

Read and Comment

Mount & Blade: Warband has been invaded by rowdy Vikings

Comments2

Vikings are surprising. Their boats sail out the mist when you least expect it, making landfall while everyone’s busy praying or taking a nap. Sometimes they sneak up in the form of an expansion to four year old games. Well, now they do. Mount & Blade: Warband’s getting a new expansion - Viking Conquest.

Read and Comment

Dreadnought's 10-ship battles are big, messy firework displays

Comment

Ginormous capital ships laying into each other with nukes, lasers and devastating broadside attacks is my idea of heaven, a loud, terrifying heaven. It was also Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager’s idea for a game: Dreadnought. After being announced at E3, the studio is now showing off some of the multiplayer clashes. 

Take a gander at the video below to see two teams of five, all commanding capital ships, blasting each other out of the atmosphere.

Read and Comment

Blizzard will feed Heroes of the Storm thousands of new players over the next month

Comment

The Heroes of the Storm technical alpha is getting set to expand slightly. It hungers for fresh meat, its appetite not quite sated. It’s grisly maw is opening up, preparing to inhale and swallow up more heroes, pitting them against each other in the Nexus. 

Blizzard’s offering up two ways for you to get in line to be swallowed up, one that you can do on your own, and the other by begging and whining at a chum who is already in the alpha. 

Read and Comment

@TheVoxelman on twitter

The Evil Within – Proper “FOV & Black Bars” Fix Released By Community

Even though Bethesda has revealed a command console via which players can force The Evil Within running at full-screen mode (without black bars), this particular tweak comes with a really messed up FOV. In all honesty, the default fix feels ‘cheap’ as it – more or less – places the camera closer to the main protagonist. But thankfully, the game’s PC community is to the rescue with a proper “FOV & black bars” fix. Continue reading

Hatred – New Isometric Shooter Announced, Coming Q2 2015, Debut Gameplay Trailer

Destructive Creation announced today Hatred; an isometric shooter with a disturbing atmosphere of masskilling, where player takes the role of a cold blood Antagonist, who is filled with hate against humanity. Moreover, the company released the first screenshots and the debut gameplay trailer for it. Continue reading

Worlds of Magic – New Update Adds New Race Plus New World

Wastelands Interactive has released a new content update for its 4X turn-based strategy game, Worlds of Magic, featuring a brand new race, unique adventurers that you can use to lead your armies and a completely new world with its unique features, resources and creatures.  Continue reading

Assassin’s Creed: Unity – Cast of Characters Trailer

Ubisoft has released a new trailer for Assassin’s Creed: Unity in which we meet the actors behind Arno Dorian, Elise, Napoleon and more. Via this video, we learn how they have embodied their character, allowing Assassin’s Creed Unity to display a powerful story. Assassin’s Creed: Unity is currently planned for a November 13th release. Enjoy! Continue reading

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn 2.4 Update – Dreams Of Ice Screenshots Released, Trailer Coming Tomorrow

Square Enix has released four new screens for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn 2.4 Update – Dreams Of Ice. In addition, the company revealed that a new trailer dedicated to this update will be revealed tomorrow. These screens show what players can expect when they face The Final Coil of Bahamut later this month. Enjoy! Continue reading

The Legend of Korra – Behind the Scenes with PlatinumGames Part #2

Activision has released a new behind the scenes video for The Legend of Kora that takes us deeper into this incredible world of elements and spirits, beginning with a more personal look at the Avatar herself, Korra, who struggles with her own powers and the weight of the decisions she’s made between Books 2 and 3 of Nickelodeon’s animated TV series. The Legend of Kora is currently planned for an October 21st release on the PC. Enjoy! Continue reading

Fenix Rage Demo Now Available On Steam

Green Lava Studios has released a free demo of Fenix Rage on Steam. With simple jump ‘n dash mechanics to learn, the free demo serves up a small taste of the wickedly addicting gameplay that’s packed into the full version of Fenix Rage. Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I can't believe a tribunal accepted King's case against the use of the word "Saga" . It's madness.

And Hatred is the perfect example of where videogames get the bad reputation from. One thing is play as the bad one, but is it necessary to do it that way?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Minecraft Movie lures Night at the Museum director Shawn Levy

Comment

Like a carrot tied to a stick affixed to the pink nape of a pixelated pig, the prospect of a Minecraft Movie has some of the most successful names in Hollywood animation and comedy trotting to Warner Brothers’ tune.

The Lego Movie producer Roy Lee has already hopped aboard the Minecart, and now Shawn Levy is in talks to direct.

Read and Comment

Valve fix Team Fortress 2's most powerful exploit: items_game.txt

Comment

items_games.txt is the bank vault of Team Fortress 2 files - the place where the names, stats and limitations of the hats and weapons in one of the best PC first-person shooters are stored. It was cracked months ago by users on the TF2 subreddit, and Valve have patched up resulting exploits as they’ve emerged. But it's only with this week’s update that the dev team finally appear to have plugged the source of the problem.

Read and Comment

A storm is coming to League of Legends, tease Riot

Comments1

A thick fog has descended across several champion pages for one of the PC’s best free games. Seven characters are affected - but Riot aren’t telling what they’re affected by, or to what end.

Read and Comment

AMD to cut 7% of workforce after iffy sales forecast

Comment

PC gamers’ appetite for new hardware may never wane, but it’s a tricky business to be in. AMD plan to let go of more than 700 staff to offset declining revenues at the graphics manufacturer.

Read and Comment

@TheVoxelman on twitter

A Chat About Banner Saga-Powered Roguelike Bedlam

By Alec Meer on October 16th, 2014 at 8:00 pm.

A couple of weeks ago, a roguelike which uses the Banner Saga engine to create a rather attractive post-apocalyptic cocktail of FTL, The Oregon Trail and XCOM popped up on Kickstarter. Bedlam’s around $90k into its $130k goal, with just eight days left on the clock. I’ve had a chat with the devs, who include veterans of Darksiders studio Vigil, about what they’re aiming for with the game, what the Banner Saga engine enables them to do, what they’ve changed about it, and the 80s/90s comics visual influences for this game of desert bandits and desert death-buses. Also – what about that other game called Bedlam?
Read the rest of this entry »

Interview: Steve Sinclair On Warframe’s Archwing Update

By Philippa Warr on October 16th, 2014 at 5:00 pm.

When I last played Warframe it was very much a vanilla space ninjas game. Just over a year later and there are still space ninjas but they sit alongside extras like tradeable space puppies. The player activity has been extensive too – there are user-created clan dojos so big the developers have had to add teleport functions to the game to make them navigable. As I write this it’s at number ten in the Steam top games list with 16,382 people playing right now. It’s also about to get wings.

In Warframe you play as one of the Tenno, an ancient warrior race who must don exo-armour (the titular warframes) to fight militarised clones called the Grineer. In the latest update, Archwing, players will be able to use new augments to allow their warframes to fly and fight in the vacuum of space. To find out how the Archwing update will work I spoke to Steve Sinclair – creative director of Warframe developer Digital Extremes.

Inside Out, Round And Round: InnerSpace

By Graham Smith on October 16th, 2014 at 4:00 pm.

I love exploring walking simulators, but I often yearn for movement systems more interesting than placing one foot in front of the other. InnerSpace‘s “exploration-heavy flying” might satisfy. It’s set inside an inverted planet, where gravity causes objects to fall away from its center and you’re consequently surrounded by a bubble of water. Watch the soft hues of the trailer below.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Minecraft 1.8.1 will improve stability, make the ender dragon killable again

Comment

There’s a reason Mojang dubbed Minecraft 1.8 the Bountiful Update. It was the culmination of 10 months’ work, stuffed with exciting infrastructure rewrites and rabbits. But in the way of all updates, it’s yielded an equally exciting number of bugs and breakages.

Mojang have pushed out a pre-release version of 1.8.1, which they reckon will go a long way to solving stability issues and a whole host of other more colourful problems.

Read and Comment

Ubisoft won't stop PC players from fiddling with The Crew's frame-rate

Comments1

What if a roadside threat to a fellow crewster emerged in the 59th frame of a second, and you didn’t spot it? That’s the possibility The Crew beta players lived in fear of, and so in many cases cranked up their frame-rate to an unsupported 60fps.

Ubisoft are reluctant to promise 60 frames-per-second for The Crew on release day, but they won’t impound your sweet ride for chasing those speeds yourself.

Read and Comment

Halo: Spartan Strike trailer promises top-down prometheans and warthogs

Comment

It’s sometimes tough to get a picture of the wider world of games on a PC-only site, so here’s all the stuff that’s going on in Halo everywhere but here. The Xbox One is getting the Master Chief Collection next month, and the Halo 5 beta by Christmas. Even tellies are getting Halo Nightfall. 

Halo: Spartan Strike is our sliver of that distant action: a twin-stick shooter semi-sequel to Spartan Assault. Here’s what it’ll look like.

Read and Comment

Play Hearthstone and meet Blizzard's Hamilton Chu in Stratford next week

Comment

Visitors to the UK are spoiled for interesting places to go. They could take a trip to Tim’s stomping grounds in Bath and take a gander at lots of lovely Roman and Medieval buildings. Or they could come up here, in the frigid north, and watch cannons being fired in Edinburgh Castle. And don’t forget GAME, a shop in Stratford. 

That’s where Blizzard’s Hamilton Chu is going to end up while he’s over in Blighty next week. But he’s not visiting the retailer for the sightseeing opportunities. The Hearthstone executive producer will be at GAME to chat about Hearthstone, take questions and sign stuff. And you can pop in and say hello between 5pm and 8pm on October 23rd. 

Read and Comment

Project CARS has hit a few speed bumps and won't reach the finish line until March 17th

Comment

Project CARS has been knocking around for a while. We saw it for the first time back in 2012 and it has since launched on Steam Early Access. Slightly Mad Studios has teased a few different release windows, from early 2014 to November, which is not early at all. And it looks like it’s been pushed back once again, and we’ll be waiting until March 17th for it to pull in. 

It might be worth the wait, though. Our resident racing enthusiast, Rob, called it one of the 10 best racing games on PC back in the summer. 

Read and Comment

Heroes of the Storm celebrates Halloween with the time-honoured tradition of getting new skins

Comment

Since the day when people don hockey masks and harass teenagers, Halloween, is nearly upon us, we can also expect a slew of themed events in games. Even game’s that haven’t even launched. 

Heroes of the Storm’s acknowledging that it is in fact almost Halloween by sprouting three new skins, so you can run around killing things while looking only marginally more ridiculous than you did before. Especially if you have that magical little pony. 

Read and Comment

Tired of Waiting: Asus gets off Valve Time and announces its console PC, the GR8

Comment

The delay of Steam Machines and their Linux-based SteamOS has not halted the launch of other PC-turned-consoles. PC builders all seem to have a dedicated section for custom living room PCs and Alienware’s been showing off the Alienware Alpha, which is essentially a Windows version of a Steam Machine.

Now ASUS is trying to get a slice of the action and recently announced with the GR8 Console PC. It’s about the size of a Wii, is less than 3 litres in volume and can be upgraded ever so slighty

Read and Comment

Final Fantasy XIV patch 2.4 will bring Shiva, a naked guy and some glasses to Eorzea

Comment

Final Fantasy XIV is about be hit with a big ol’ patch; one so large that it requires an eight minute trailer to get through the highlights. There’s quite a lot to get through. 

Take a gander at the preview below. 

Read and Comment

Doughlightful: Bossa Studios announces I am Bread

Comments2

In another time, the unsung hero of breakfast, the ungarnished slice of floppy bread, would have gone unnoticed. The thought that a game would appear in which such an unlikely hero would be its focus would have once been ridiculous. But we are living in an era of unusual protagonists, where cephalopods, goats and even surgeons, of all things, are deemed important enough have their own games. 

So there’s nothing weird at all about Bossa Studios’ I am Bread. 

Read and Comment

@TheVoxelman on twitter

CGI-Quality said:

Fire Strike Ultra (Is Your PC ready for 4K Gaming?)

http://www.futuremark.com/pressreleases/fire-strike-ultra-worlds-first-4k-ultra-hd-benchmark

I've done this - let me tell ya, if you don't have at least a Titan (or a card with at least 3GB of Dedicated RAM), don't bother!

My RESULTS page

Here's a score thread in another forum, just if you want to compare results...

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1837323

There's a guy with 4x980 in SLI... 11120. 4K? That's not a problem with that beast

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
CGI-Quality said:

Fire Strike Ultra (Is Your PC ready for 4K Gaming?)

http://www.futuremark.com/pressreleases/fire-strike-ultra-worlds-first-4k-ultra-hd-benchmark

I've done this - let me tell ya, if you don't have at least a Titan (or a card with at least 3GB of Dedicated RAM), don't bother!

My RESULTS page

Here's a score thread in another forum, just if you want to compare results...

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1837323

There's a guy with 4x980 in SLI... 11120. 4K? That's not a problem with that beast

That's not a rig; that's a fricking graphics factory!