By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

Those things weren't ever gonna happen regardless and the main thing that Epic was interested in was allowing Epic to use their own payment platforms which started the entire thing.

I don't see how Apple is going to get 30% from every transaction if app developers can now get users to use their own payment platforms. We also don't know if Fortnite is a permanent ban or not.

Epic wanted their own app store and in-app purchases. They complained that if someone had to be redirected to a website they might decide not to complete the transaction.

Apple could very well change it rules that they are owed something from a purchase originating from their ecosystem, maybe not 30%, but still something.

Check the second remedy Apple received. The termination of their agreement was lawful. Sure Apple might allow Epic back, but they will probably make Epic pay through the nose.

People are missing the forest because of a tiny shrub. Sure, Apple lost something, but it might just be something they won't mind losing.

Around the Network
hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea pretty much. BIOSes can be all over the place. The main thing I found is that the BIOS updates work best with the configuration of that era. So with X370 in my old system worked fine with 1700x CPU. But when I upgraded to the 3900X, that's when urghhness started to happen since I needed to upgrade BIOS as well in order to receive support for 3000 series. Basically 9/10 times, it just wouldn't boot until it went into it's "crash free BIOS" mode. Eventually after tinkering around with it, I found that it was cause for some reason, the RAM timings were causing the problem. I set the RAM timings to manual, boom, no issues after that. Like the weirdest thing ever.

Of course, this is gonna get even worse with the launch of Windows 11 as I am sure there will be BIOS and chipset updates to get Windows 11 working sufficiently. Overall though, it's better to spend the extra money on BIOS flashback cause it could save you a lot of headaches lol.

One of the reasons why I hate updating firmware in general they can be so finicky and nerve-racking. Like if there's something that goes wrong you can say goodbye to that unless there's some sort of fallback. I remember bricking my Razer Deathadder before due to a bad flash.

Idd on Ryzen set ups I noticed that its extra picky on RAM types and timings for stability. Which is why I'm a bit more reluctant to touch my memory for any type of OC. Though tbf, in my case it was kinda my fault since I forgot to reset settings to default before updating it (a big nono). But yeah, going to spend the extra in the future to save myself the stress should something go wrong. That extra 20-30 bucks is way worth it than my time and reassurance!

About that Epic case.. that's insane. Should that bill go though that will have a big impact on closed platforms. For developers this will be a game-changing thing. Particularly if release freeware with paid content. If Sony/MS get hit by this I'd expect there will be a lot of publishers looking at free to play model (GaaS) for the games.

Yea that's for sure. My rule is to only do firmware/BIOS updates if the product is still under warranty. Cause at that point, the manufacturer will replace it. If it's outside of warranty, I'll just leave it cause at that point, you would have to replace the entire thing if shit hits the fan.

All the lawyers and law suit trolls right now that are about to sue companies for not allowing third party payment options in their platform:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Rhonin the wizard said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Those things weren't ever gonna happen regardless and the main thing that Epic was interested in was allowing Epic to use their own payment platforms which started the entire thing.

I don't see how Apple is going to get 30% from every transaction if app developers can now get users to use their own payment platforms. We also don't know if Fortnite is a permanent ban or not.

Epic wanted their own app store and in-app purchases. They complained that if someone had to be redirected to a website they might decide not to complete the transaction.

Apple could very well change it rules that they are owed something from a purchase originating from their ecosystem, maybe not 30%, but still something.

Check the second remedy Apple received. The termination of their agreement was lawful. Sure Apple might allow Epic back, but they will probably make Epic pay through the nose.

People are missing the forest because of a tiny shrub. Sure, Apple lost something, but it might just be something they won't mind losing.

That was part of their argument yes but realistically that was never going to happen. In most lawsuits, companies don't win every aspect of their lawsuit. They include it just in case they have a chance.

Maybe but Epics entire thing is they don't want to pay 30%. We seen this multiple times with Epic vs Steam and how they don't want to pay 30%. It really has been Epics moto ever since they started their 12% cut in their own store. Regardless of which, the point still stands as we don't know what's going to happen.

Yea we all knew it was a breach of contract but Apple did mention previously that they would allow Fortnite back in if Epic complied. Now whether or not that remains to be true is something we will see but considering how many free to play games there are on mobile that have in-app purchases, if this were to pass, it would be huge. While 12 million is a lot, Fortnite makes billions and that's without iOS. Of course, Apple is going to appeal and probably Epic as well.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Lol yeah they be like..

Apple..

(and potentially other platform holders)

hinch said:

Note to self don't mess around with bios's when you already have a working PC - and tired AF. Just updated the mobo with the latest ASUS 4021 bios and spent hours figuring out why my PC wouldn't post, with black screen (FU!). Tried resetting CMOS, and different DP ports, HDMI, reseating GPU's into different slots, using single slot ram to no avail.

Finally managed to get it working again (by a lot a trial and error) by doing all the above and changing output to HDMI.. lol. Totally not worth it the hassle. Thought I bricked the thing and the worst thing is no flashback or USB flash or dual bios to land back on! Never again. Definitely a case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it xD

Glad it is working. That sorta answers something i wondered at times. Should we update the bios to new ones they release or just stick with what is working. 

Around the Network

Intel’s Next-Gen Box CPU Cooler ‘Laminar Series’ For 12th Gen Alder Lake Desktop CPUs Pictured, Updated Spiral Fin Design With LEDs

https://wccftech.com/intel-next-gen-box-cpu-cooler-laminar-12th-gen-alder-lake-desktop-cpus-pictured/

Looks kinda Janky imo

Captain_Yuri said:

That was part of their argument yes but realistically that was never going to happen. In most lawsuits, companies don't win every aspect of their lawsuit. They include it just in case they have a chance.

Maybe but Epics entire thing is they don't want to pay 30%. We seen this multiple times with Epic vs Steam and how they don't want to pay 30%. It really has been Epics moto ever since they started their 12% cut in their own store. Regardless of which, the point still stands as we don't know what's going to happen.

Yea we all knew it was a breach of contract but Apple did mention previously that they would allow Fortnite back in if Epic complied. Now whether or not that remains to be true is something we will see but considering how many free to play games there are on mobile that have in-app purchases, if this were to pass, it would be huge. While 12 million is a lot, Fortnite makes billions and that's without iOS. Of course, Apple is going to appeal and probably Epic as well.

It really has been their entire mission, and Timmy is cock sure that he wants to change the entire industry to less than 30%, so I highly doubt they are going for anything but the removal of the 30% cut. Apple will surely do something that has them paying a cut, but I imagine Epic will simply appeal to it being removed or "cut" down in some form, meaning they get their way through some form or another. 

I don't see Fornite coming back unless Epic gets their cake and to eat it as well (having their own store, getting 100% of the cut while abusing Apple's ecosystem for free, because Timmy doesn't want no middle men in his ratty life). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

Intel’s Next-Gen Box CPU Cooler ‘Laminar Series’ For 12th Gen Alder Lake Desktop CPUs Pictured, Updated Spiral Fin Design With LEDs

https://wccftech.com/intel-next-gen-box-cpu-cooler-laminar-12th-gen-alder-lake-desktop-cpus-pictured/

Looks kinda Janky imo

Did the person desinging that recently watch Iron-Man or something?. Yeah, thing looks pretty jank tbh, and looks about as basic stock as you can get. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

It really has been their entire mission, and Timmy is cock sure that he wants to change the entire industry to less than 30%, so I highly doubt they are going for anything but the removal of the 30% cut. Apple will surely do something that has them paying a cut, but I imagine Epic will simply appeal to it being removed or "cut" down in some form, meaning they get their way through some form or another. 

I don't see Fornite coming back unless Epic gets their cake and to eat it as well (having their own store, getting 100% of the cut while abusing Apple's ecosystem for free, because Timmy doesn't want no middle men in his ratty life). 

Well Timmy said it's coming back to the App store so it certainly sounds like that for now, Epic is gonna get their cake. I think it could look bad on Apple if they were to block Fortnite from coming in and may even look "monopolistic" in doing so. So I get the feeling Apple isn't gonna block Epic even though they would have the right to do so.

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Looks kinda Janky imo

Did the person desinging that recently watch Iron-Man or something?. Yeah, thing looks pretty jank tbh, and looks about as basic stock as you can get. 

I think it's even worse than that. I think it's a stock cooler trying to look edgy which is even worse. Reminds me of:

green_sky said:
hinch said:

Note to self don't mess around with bios's when you already have a working PC - and tired AF. Just updated the mobo with the latest ASUS 4021 bios and spent hours figuring out why my PC wouldn't post, with black screen (FU!). Tried resetting CMOS, and different DP ports, HDMI, reseating GPU's into different slots, using single slot ram to no avail.

Finally managed to get it working again (by a lot a trial and error) by doing all the above and changing output to HDMI.. lol. Totally not worth it the hassle. Thought I bricked the thing and the worst thing is no flashback or USB flash or dual bios to land back on! Never again. Definitely a case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it xD

Glad it is working. That sorta answers something i wondered at times. Should we update the bios to new ones they release or just stick with what is working. 

I've updated the BIOS a few times, but I've always waited to do it, in case there's a problem with it. Thankfully, I haven't experienced a nightmare like hinch yet. I would have needed a new set of pants.

Captain_Yuri said:

Looks kinda Janky imo

Even Intel puts LEDs... We'll how they perform.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.