By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

It looks like OLED may finally move to smaller sizes thanks to JOLED:

JOLED Start Production and Shipment of 22″, 27″ and 32″ Monitor OLED Panels
https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/joled-start-production-and-shipment-of-22-27-and-32-monitor-oled-panels/
JOLED an OLED display expert and manufacturer of OLED by printing method, has started product shipment of its “OLEDIO OLED” displays (let’s see how many times we can make it clear these are OLED?!). It is the first mass production of OLED displays by this new printing method, which is different from the conventional vapor deposition method. JOLED will produce 10″ to 32″, medium-sized high-performance and high-quality OLED displays under the OLEDIO brand, for high-end monitors, medical monitors, automotive displays, and so on their press release says. This will hopefully mark the arrival of further desktop monitors using OLED technology, with shipment of the current panels in 22″, 27″ and 32″ sizes now under way.

LG will be one of the first manufacturers to ship monitors with these panels, albeit for the professional market.

But hey, if you can't wait, there's Samsung and MicroLED:

Samsung Odyssey 49″ G9 S49AG95NC with 240Hz, Mini LED Backlight and HDR2000
https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/samsung-odyssey-49-g9-s49ag95nc-with-240hz-mini-led-backlight-and-hdr2000/
The exciting update to Samsung’s Odyssey G9 display was announced back on 3 March 2021 with limited information provided at the time by the manufacturer Samsung. We now have some more detailed information about the expected spec and features thanks to an early product page that has appeared on Chinese retailer Taobao. The Samsung Odyssey G9 S49AG95NC will be the successor to the existing G9 model (let’s call it the ‘Odyssey G9v2″ shall we for ease?) is aimed at gaming and HDR multimedia. It keeps the same large 49″ ultrawide format, 1000R steep curvature and 5120 x 1440 resolution as the current G9. It will still be based on a VA technology panel with a 240Hz native refresh rate and a wide colour gamut. What makes this new version particularly interesting is the addition of a Mini LED backlight for improved HDR performance and local dimming.

The only problem is that it's not 4K.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Finally, the future of PC monitors are showing signs of not being terrible. Gonna be expensive still I'd imagine but still great.

One of the most urgh thing I hate about IPS is the panel lottery you gotta deal with when it comes to backlight bleed. I have had some horrible backlight bleeds where I had to return it and get a different one. OLED doesn't have that problem of course and MicroLED shouldn't either.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ryzen 5000 APUs leaked:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-5000-pro-zen-3-apus-game-changer-for-businesses

Quite some power in those 65W APUs as it beats Zen/Zen+ Desktop chips, partially due to outstanding cache performance. Main drawback: They are not compatible to PCI-E 4.0.

And the next one hit by the chip shortages is... Realtek.

Which means that Audio chips will become a rare commodity - and as a result, mainboards and Laptops will get their supplies limited in turn.

SSD (With DRAM cache)+8GB is good for a basic rig depending on what the rest of the system is and what they are doing with it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Ryzen 5000 APUs leaked:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-5000-pro-zen-3-apus-game-changer-for-businesses

Quite some power in those 65W APUs as it beats Zen/Zen+ Desktop chips, partially due to outstanding cache performance. Main drawback: They are not compatible to PCI-E 4.0.

Which means that Audio chips will become a rare commodity - and as a result, mainboards and Laptops will get their supplies limited in turn.

Those little guys pack a good punch, but I don't understand why AMD decided to not include PCIe 4.0. It could have been the final nail in the coffin of Intel's laptop market.

The shortage of Realtek chips is unbelievable. Is there anything that's not in short supply nowadays?

Pemalite said:

SSD (With DRAM cache)+8GB is good for a basic rig depending on what the rest of the system is and what they are doing with it.

I had to check it to be sure because I wasn't sure about it (the PC is from 2014). They're an A8-7600 paired with a Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3, and have a regular 3.5" HDD. I could have sworn that it had an FX 6300... well. my memory isn't what it used to be.

Changing to an SSD could also mean getting a new Windows license because he upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and, if I have to get RAM, SSD and Windows, it makes more sense to just go all for it and change the CPU and Mobo as well.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Finally, the future of PC monitors are showing signs of not being terrible. Gonna be expensive still I'd imagine but still great.

One of the most urgh thing I hate about IPS is the panel lottery you gotta deal with when it comes to backlight bleed. I have had some horrible backlight bleeds where I had to return it and get a different one. OLED doesn't have that problem of course and MicroLED shouldn't either.

Gimme 1440p OLED, thin borders and no crushed blacks and

Last edited by Chazore - on 12 April 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Ryzen 5000 APUs leaked:

Those little guys pack a good punch, but I don't understand why AMD decided to not include PCIe 4.0. It could have been the final nail in the coffin of Intel's laptop market.

The shortage of Realtek chips is unbelievable. Is there anything that's not in short supply nowadays?

Pemalite said:

I had to check it to be sure because I wasn't sure about it (the PC is from 2014). They're an A8-7600 paired with a Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3, and have a regular 3.5" HDD. I could have sworn that it had an FX 6300... well. my memory isn't what it used to be.

Changing to an SSD could also mean getting a new Windows license because he upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and, if I have to get RAM, SSD and Windows, it makes more sense to just go all for it and change the CPU and Mobo as well.

You are definitely held back by the spinning rust drive.
In saying that... The 4-thread bulldozer derived CPU isn't doing you any favors either, but that isn't the bottleneck for basic tasks like web surfing.

If you aren't willing to make the switch to an SSD... Perhaps a Sandisk Readycache drive if you can find one cheap might be more suitable, it will cache data from the mechanical disk and my own testing has shown marked improvements in system responsiveness.

But yeah, that system is showing it's age now... Even the old Ryzen 2200G would be a night and day difference.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Gimme 1440p OLED, thin borders and no crushed blacks and

Not gonna happen cause it would make too much sense

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Crazy. I'd never would have thought audio and LAN chips from Realtek would be affected. Wonder if this will affect X570S and Alderlake board production.

Also news of OLED monitors makes me smile.. If any of those 32" OLED's trickles down to us consumers, I'd be set for my monitor for a loooong time.