By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

*** NEW CONTEST ***

Win one of two G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 memory kits
https://hexus.net/tech/features/ram/147420-win-one-two-gskill-trident-z-neo-ddr4-memory-kits/

The prizes are:

1. Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600MHz CL18 64GB (2x32GB)
  2. Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600MHz CL18 32GB (2x16GB)

This contest is GLOBAL.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Grr, I think I underestimated the heat that the 5950x gives off as my Noctua goes full tilt during games. Come on Asus, release the Ryujin 2 AIO already!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Grr, I think I underestimated the heat that the 5950x gives off as my Noctua goes full tilt during games. Come on Asus, release the Ryujin 2 AIO already!

I always thought Noctua were good for great cooling. What sorta temps are you getting?. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I always thought Noctua were good for great cooling. What sorta temps are you getting?. 

Going full tilt, it keeps it around 80-82C which is mighty toasty imo. It makes these fans quite loud which is annoying.

I am almost tempted to set manual clocks around 4ghz to keep it from boosting to 5ghz until I get a 360 AIO since that seems to be what's causing it to heat up.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Confirmed: Nvidia taps the GTX 1050 Ti to battle graphics card shortages.

Not all that affordable
The extra stock for these older cards alleviates all different kinds of pressure for Nvidia and its partners, but the RTX 2060 and GTX 1050 Ti are still subject to today’s market pressures themselves. We can find a single GTX 1050 Ti for $190 on Newegg currently, but most are selling for $400 or more. Again, these cards debuted for $140 in 2016. Only a handful of RTX 2060 models are available on Newegg, starting at $800. Those prices all remain outrageous for what you’re getting as a PC gamer.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3607190/nvidia-rtx-30-graphics-card-shortages-gaming-gpu-gtx-1050-ti-geforce-rtx-2060.html

Tldr: Frackisthsiudjfwoerld.

Around the Network

You know it's bad when they have to revive an almost 5 year old gpu

Captain_Yuri said:

Going full tilt, it keeps it around 80-82C which is mighty toasty imo. It makes these fans quite loud which is annoying.

I am almost tempted to set manual clocks around 4ghz to keep it from boosting to 5ghz until I get a 360 AIO since that seems to be what's causing it to heat up.

That's pretty hot, god damn. My AIO is like 3 and a half yrs old, and even then, I'm not getting temps around that high. Probably around the 60's, sometimes 70's.

Hoping you get that AIO soon.

green_sky said:

Confirmed: Nvidia taps the GTX 1050 Ti to battle graphics card shortages.

Not all that affordable
The extra stock for these older cards alleviates all different kinds of pressure for Nvidia and its partners, but the RTX 2060 and GTX 1050 Ti are still subject to today’s market pressures themselves. We can find a single GTX 1050 Ti for $190 on Newegg currently, but most are selling for $400 or more. Again, these cards debuted for $140 in 2016. Only a handful of RTX 2060 models are available on Newegg, starting at $800. Those prices all remain outrageous for what you’re getting as a PC gamer.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3607190/nvidia-rtx-30-graphics-card-shortages-gaming-gpu-gtx-1050-ti-geforce-rtx-2060.html

Tldr: Frackisthsiudjfwoerld.

This is just getting beyond annoying now, because not only are we seeing the high end being snapped up, but now the mid-range and low end too. The GPU market is pretty much being dominated by losers who want free money, and gyping other people into buying the used parts. 

Really hope that UK bill becomes law, because we sure as hell need that right now, and AMD/Nvidia need to stop being so greedy, being content with botters and miners snapping up consumer goods like this is pretty disgusting.

I'll never see mining as the future, because I can see how that future crumbles so easily, and it fares far worse than having a stable income and an economy that doesn't turn to dust overnight. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Tesla

Let's make electric cars. Clean, green, etc.

Let's support BTC - One of the most inefficient and wasteful things when it comes to energy.

I guess weed it hella of a drug, Elon.

green_sky said:

Tesla

Let's make electric cars. Clean, green, etc.

Let's support BTC - One of the most inefficient and wasteful things when it comes to energy.

I guess weed it hella of a drug, Elon.

This is the thing that has turned me against cryptocurrencies. I don't mind their concept and I actually kind of like their idea, but consuming atrocious amounts of power for the sake of no real contribution to anything is what turns me against cryptocurrencies. Now I'd leaning towards thinking that someone needs to act against cryptocurrencies sooner rather than later, and the GPU market isn't helping the position of cryptocurrencies either (in my eyes). This is just ridiculous, and definitely not in a good way.

Good news! After adjusting the Fan curve as well as the voltage, the fans are no where near as loud while keeping about the same temps.