By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Apparently this has to do with US tariffs, so I'm assuming it won't affect prices elsewhere. Then again it's not like anyone would even notice the difference between Asus moon prices and Asus super moon prices.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Thanks again, Trump...

Most of us on the other side of the pond pay over the odds anyway for PC hardware.. whats a hundred or so more :P

*** NEW CONTEST ***

HEXUS EPIC Giveaway Day 22: Win a Cougar gaming chair and desk https://hexus.net/gaming/features/hardware/147117-day-22-win-cougar-gaming-chair-desk/

The winners gets a Cougar Armor S Royal gaming chair and Cougar Mars gaming desk.

Given the size of the packages, it's not surprising to see thar this contest is UK ONLY.

*Edit* Guru3D has published the winners of its contests: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/december-2020-guru3d-contest-winner-announcements.html. I'm not on the list .

Last edited by JEMC - on 05 January 2021

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Lukewarm take: a good office chair beats handily the best "gaming" chairs and they are also cheaper.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Lukewarm take: a good office chair beats handily the best "gaming" chairs and they are also cheaper.

I doubt an office chair that's cheaper than my DXRacer will last as long. I've had office chairs before this one and they held out maybe a year and a half before disintegrating. The DXRacer I have is still going strong after more than 5 years. I doubt you will find a cheaper Office chair that is as resilient. A good office chair also costs good money.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Got my RAM and Cooler today. And holy shit that RAM is so much shinier than in any of the pictures.

Look how much trouble I had to keep my ugly mug out of the picture. They're like fucking mirrors.

vivster said:
haxxiy said:

I doubt an office chair that's cheaper than my DXRacer will last as long. I've had office chairs before this one and they held out maybe a year and a half before disintegrating. The DXRacer I have is still going strong after more than 5 years. I doubt you will find a cheaper Office chair that is as resilient. A good office chair also costs good money.

Try with a good office chair, like Vitra - my MedaPal at the work is still serving me great after som 12 years. But true, they all cost quite a bit.

JEMC said:

*** NEW CONTEST ***

HEXUS EPIC Giveaway Day 22: Win a Cougar gaming chair and desk https://hexus.net/gaming/features/hardware/147117-day-22-win-cougar-gaming-chair-desk/

The winners gets a Cougar Armor S Royal gaming chair and Cougar Mars gaming desk.

Given the size of the packages, it's not surprising to see thar this contest is UK ONLY.

*Edit* Guru3D has published the winners of its contests: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/december-2020-guru3d-contest-winner-announcements.html. I'm not on the list .

Would have needed a new chair, but oh well...

haxxiy said:

In general, yes. But I rarely see any weight limitations on them (I'm rather tall and heavy) and have broken more than one chair due to this, and Store clerks rarely know more about them than is mentioned on the labels, which is not much. Gaming chairs most of the time come with a weight limit mentioned in their descriptions, so it's safer for me to buy those most of the time. Last office chair didn't even last 2 weeks before it broke...

HoloDust said:
vivster said:

Try with a good office chair, like Vitra - my MedaPal at the work is still serving me great after som 12 years. But true, they all cost quite a bit.

I could never really game on one of those. I need the support from all angles with really good armrests. When I'm gaming I'm basically constantly leaning back, I can't imagine that normal office chairs are made for that.

And to be honest I have no idea how the spring is still so tight after all these years. I think I adjusted it slightly once.