By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

Captain_Yuri said:

The funny thing about this port is that it's most likely similar to the switch version where they took the 2011 console version, restored the original 2007 PC graphics and now they are gonna port it back to PC with "enhancements" like 8k textures and Ray Traced Reflections cause they are a bunch of pussies to do Path Tracing.

Heck, the fact that they said "Crytek game will feature ray tracing on Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro," I doubt this will ever require much to run unless they do a terrible job at porting. If anything, this is similar to Crysis 2 than the original Crysis. I doubt there's even gonna be manual Nano Suit controls.

All in all though, solid Skip since this isn't the balls of steel Crysis remaster. It's just the yawn worthy pussified version. Great for console people though.

Flight Sim is the Crysis of this generation.

Funny that you say that, because DSOGaming thinks the same way: https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/microsoft-flight-simulator-is-the-new-crysis-current-gen-cpus-unable-to-offer-60fps-on-high-ultra/

I will say that it does need more optimization. Like by no means is it perfect and the scaling with the cores is a bit off as the same with the GPUs. But with that being said, it's the first game where the power of the cloud is actually being used in very interesting ways like real time weather, flight data with real airplanes and other things. Then the fact that not only are the buildings rendered in 3d, but so are the cars, buses, van, trucks and it's no like just one type of a car that's repeating, the are many different kinds of cars and other vehicles. And the lighting is really good as well as the clouds.

I can pretty much go on and on but this is similar to Sailing in Wind Waker. If you want to relax and fly with while looking at truly stunning visuals and sunsets, this is the game to do it. If you want to play trigger happy call of duty, this is certainly not that.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Funny that you say that, because DSOGaming thinks the same way: https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/microsoft-flight-simulator-is-the-new-crysis-current-gen-cpus-unable-to-offer-60fps-on-high-ultra/

I will say that it does need more optimization. Like by no means is it perfect and the scaling with the cores is a bit off as the same with the GPUs. But with that being said, it's the first game where the power of the cloud is actually being used in very interesting ways like real time weather, flight data with real airplanes and other things. Then the fact that not only are the buildings rendered in 3d, but so are the cars, buses, van, trucks and it's no like just one type of a car that's repeating, the are many different kinds of cars and other vehicles. And the lighting is really good as well as the clouds.

I can pretty much go on and on but this is similar to Sailing in Wind Waker. If you want to relax and fly with while looking at truly stunning visuals and sunsets, this is the game to do it. If you want to play trigger happy call of duty, this is certainly not that.

Well, well, well, looks like someone has been fliying at low altitude to see the vehicles so well. You naughty boy.

I agree that this is a great example of how to use the cloud, but it does so with tasks that aren't sensitive to lag or latency. Still, great work.

Sadly, I tried Flight Simulator in the past and it's not the game for me. You have to pay attention to too many things, plus I don't have a joystick and this is not a game that can be played with a controller or keyboard+mouse. If I want to play a stress free game, I go with Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

hinch said:

RTX 2080 Super not high-end now? I think you mean enthusiast (Ti/Titan). Unless I'm missing the sarcasm :P

Here what I made on PC part picker with a budget of $2000. Granted you can shuffle things around like cheaper PSU and case and HDD depending on what you need and spend the difference in a higher end CPU for a fairly small gain for gaming. But all are high end components.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vxVXjp

Meh. Not sure if I would've considered the 2080 high end even when it came out 2 years ago. The 2080ti still comfortably outperforms it by a good margin. Prices are a bit warped since the cards are already that old. The "end" in "high end" should mean something and when there is something after that "end" that is significantly stronger and still scales about the same on price/performance then what you have is probably not the "end". For example I would consider the highest non-Titan GPU as high end since it is very close in performance to a titan(the actual end) but it's way way cheaper. We'll see how expensive the new high end is but I doubt you'll be able to get it for under $1200.

I would also definitely not consider the picked CPU as high end. Let's call it elevated midrange because "low high end" sounds incredibly stupid.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

hinch said:

Lol. Dual takes on the subject. Pretty weird. But yeah, you have to start somewhere and first generation is always the one to skip if you want performance for a certain new feature. I still think the 2K series was a bust overall since very few games supported RT and DLSS and its performance hit when using RT.

And its a shame both next gen consoles are going to be the limiting factor again. Since it RT performance from SX and PS5 is very much like current gen (Turing).. most games will most likely use it as a fluff piece. Just look at WoW and how its FPS halved with RT shadows enabled, with a tiny improvement in visuals. We probably won't see much push for RT outside selective use of RT shadows and reflections.

I'm hoping for PC exclusives to push these cards to the limit.

I think the main thing that Turing did is iron out the kinks for next generation.

DLSS 1.0... Yikes

DLSS 2.0... Hot Damn

DLSS 3.0 is gonna be...

But yea, Ray Tracing and Turing is gonna age like Milk. I really do hope we see more Path Tracing but we know there's gonna be a cost to make that run even on Ampere and that cost will be our wallets.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

kirby007 said:

jfc thats the most depressing comment i have heard in some time...
while im playing WoW so i see a lot of depressed comments

Hey I play WoW, but holy fuck am I getting so damn sick of ION and him pulling this shit per expac:

(Also I want my Warlock class identity back Ion)

It's depressing for sure, but it wouldn't really be all of that if devs just did their job, billionaire CEO's stayed the fuck away from a market they long since abandoned or other devs not letting a whole genre be left to 1-5 indie studios (seriously haven't played a good RTS since Planetary Annihilation and that was 2015).

Captain_Yuri said:

The funny thing about this port is that it's most likely similar to the switch version where they took the 2011 console version, restored the original 2007 PC graphics and now they are gonna port it back to PC with "enhancements" like 8k textures and Ray Traced Reflections cause they are a bunch of pussies to do Path Tracing.

Heck, the fact that they said "Crytek game will feature ray tracing on Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro," I doubt this will ever require much to run unless they do a terrible job at porting. If anything, this is similar to Crysis 2 than the original Crysis. I doubt there's even gonna be manual Nano Suit controls.

All in all though, solid Skip since this isn't the balls of steel Crysis remaster. It's just the yawn worthy pussified version. Great for console people though.

Flight Sim is the Crysis of this generation.

Yeah it doesn't seem to be pushing all that much, so I'm expecting some shitty "artificial" demand from the game, so PCgamer will rooty toot their stupid horn proclaiming that Flight Sim isn't the next Crysis, but an upscaled Switch version with 8k textures will be (seriously, have you seen their recent articles on RT?, they are literally arguing against each other on there it's so daft). 

I'm just disappointed in them, especially after me buying HUNT, and I hardly play that fuckin game because it's mostly PVP based, and me waiting for PVE mode only got us "trial challenge" mode, not core PVE content.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

DF has released their Series X Hot Chips breakdown video! Skip to 12:20 for RDNA 2 section!

And....

I am not feeling RDNA 2 boys.

"What's the difference between RDNA 2 and RDNA 1? Looking at the Dual Compute Setup, other than Ray Tracing support, this is essentially RDNA as it's presented in the 5700 range. Microsoft talks about the CUs having a 25% performance improvement per clock vs last gen but when they say last gen, they are talking about Xbox One X and not RDNA 1"

"Ray Tracing measurements between Nvidia's Turing and Series X are not comparable as they are measured differently." "Minecraft RTX demo on Series X showed it can run between 30-60fps so hard to tell where Ray Tracing performance is."

"Shitz gonna be expensive"

It was obvious that Turing was just the prototype for all the cool new stuff and that the generation after that would improve all aspects manyfold. Even the generation after Ampere will probably at least double RT performance over Ampere. That's exactly why I held off.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:

DF has released their Series X Hot Chips breakdown video! Skip to 12:20 for RDNA 2 section!

And....

"What's the difference between RDNA 2 and RDNA 1? Looking at the Dual Compute Setup, other than Ray Tracing support, this is essentially RDNA as it's presented in the 5700 range. Microsoft talks about the CUs having a 25% performance improvement per clock vs last gen but when they say last gen, they are talking about Xbox One X and not RDNA 1"

"Ray Tracing measurements between Nvidia's Turing and Series X are not comparable as they are measured differently." "Minecraft RTX demo on Series X showed it can run between 30-60fps so hard to tell where Ray Tracing performance is."

Sounds like it's gonna be expensive and not that great at the same time. Doesn't bode well tbh. Guess I will be sticking with Green team for another round if this keeps up. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

vivster said:
hinch said:

RTX 2080 Super not high-end now? I think you mean enthusiast (Ti/Titan). Unless I'm missing the sarcasm :P

Here what I made on PC part picker with a budget of $2000. Granted you can shuffle things around like cheaper PSU and case and HDD depending on what you need and spend the difference in a higher end CPU for a fairly small gain for gaming. But all are high end components.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vxVXjp

Meh. Not sure if I would've considered the 2080 high end even when it came out 2 years ago. The 2080ti still comfortably outperforms it by a good margin. Prices are a bit warped since the cards are already that old. The "end" in "high end" should mean something and when there is something after that "end" that is significantly stronger and still scales about the same on price/performance then what you have is probably not the "end". For example I would consider the highest non-Titan GPU as high end since it is very close in performance to a titan(the actual end) but it's way way cheaper. We'll see how expensive the new high end is but I doubt you'll be able to get it for under $1200.

I would also definitely not consider the picked CPU as high end. Let's call it elevated midrange because "low high end" sounds incredibly stupid.

Amd and Intel have their low (i3, R3) mid (i5, R5), high end (i7, R7) enthusiast ranges (i9, R9) This hasn't changed in the years I've been gaming on PC. Same with goes for GPU manufacturers. There are always high end range with one SKU that is the creme de la crop.

GTX 980 and 1080 was high end. And 980Ti/1080Ti was their TOTL cards for consumers, outside Titans. I wouldn't call an i7 or XX8X series mid range by any metric

This is first time I've heard someone say RTX 2080 was mid range. Its just weird concept to me O_o

Captain_Yuri said:

I think the main thing that Turing did is iron out the kinks for next generation.

DLSS 1.0... Yikes

DLSS 2.0... Hot Damn

DLSS 3.0 is gonna be...

But yea, Ray Tracing and Turing is gonna age like Milk. I really do hope we see more Path Tracing but we know there's gonna be a cost to make that run even on Ampere and that cost will be our wallets.

I like to call it early adopter tax - ala like beta testing. Okay its a bit harsh calling it that lol.

Yeah I would like to see more Path Tracing. That can make an average game look amazing. Even for games like Quake II and Minecraft the results are staggering.

It really does give a massive difference in visual fidelity and opens up other opportunities in gameplay.

Chazore said:

Hey I play WoW, but holy fuck am I getting so damn sick of ION and him pulling this shit per expac:

(Also I want my Warlock class identity back Ion)

It's depressing for sure, but it wouldn't really be all of that if devs just did their job, billionaire CEO's stayed the fuck away from a market they long since abandoned or other devs not letting a whole genre be left to 1-5 indie studios (seriously haven't played a good RTS since Planetary Annihilation and that was 2015).

The worst thing for BFA was RNG loot. RNG loot (stats and pieces) for mythic chests and/or corruption gear. They need to fix that shit in Shadowlands.

Captain_Yuri said:

[video]

And....

Yeah, its AMD's first attempt with RT and still no real competition for the machine learning of Nvidia (DLSS) - still not convinced that Direct ML can give similar results to latter. And still lagging years behind Nvidia. RDNA 2 might have been competitive last year but with Ampere coming its going get steamrolled.

Big die, will run hot and probably very expensive. Unless they price it much lower (can't see it happening) it looks to be just a slightly better Turing in compute and maybe worse performing in RT. Hope I'm wrong but eh we'll see.

Last edited by hinch - on 21 August 2020