By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Well well well. Impressed to see this thread still going. Great job cat!

My build certainly has changed since the last time I posted here:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
Ram: 32GB
Hard Drive: 1TB Nvme SSD + 512GB Sata SSD + 4TB Western Digital Black + 10TB backup drive
GPU: GTX 1080 - Gawd I can't wait to upgrade to Nvidia's 3000 series... Assuming it's a lot better than 2000 series that is
Monitor: Alienware AW3418DW 34 inch curved 3440 x 1440p

Yuri, you're back 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I see your build stepped up =P, I stepped mine up since the last time you were on here myself (except the RAM/CPU).

You've also gone for 32gb?, are you doing video editing or something? (I'm wanting to upgrade to 32 for video editing myself at some point).

Well least for now anyway loll. Had to do quite a few things that didn't need the vgc distraction but now that those have been taken care of, I figured I may as well see how things have been going around here.

And yea, I do like upgrading my PC as a hobby more so than anything loll. I do run VMs and such but I mainly got the upgrade cause since I was upgrading to the 3900x anyway and the ram was on sale. But most importantly... They came with RGB!

What's you specs?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Well least for now anyway loll. Had to do quite a few things that didn't need the vgc distraction but now that those have been taken care of, I figured I may as well see how things have been going around here.

And yea, I do like upgrading my PC as a hobby more so than anything loll. I do run VMs and such but I mainly got the upgrade cause since I was upgrading to the 3900x anyway and the ram was on sale. But most importantly... They came with RGB!

What's you specs?

Hey, if it's on sale, it's on sale

As for me, I'm still stuck with my i7-6700k, but During summer 2017 I upgraded to a 1080ti (AORUS extreme 11gb), Acer predator 144hz 1440p, 8gb DDR4 (upgraded to 16gb in 2018), 120gb SSD and 2tb WD black HDD, but I ended up adding another 3 SSD's (500gb, 1tb, 400gb and another 500gb), a few more case fans and went through 2 different KB/M since then.

My only issue atm is one of the bearings in my GPU's fan is going, so I've had to temper the fan curve just a bit, until I grab a new fan case for the card (warranty's up, so I'm on my tod for sorting it out). Also had to replace my PSU, since the last one died just near the tail end of Dec 2019. 

Hoping to upgrade to a Ryzen CPU later this year, as well as a new set of RAM, but I'm also waiting for the 3000 series from Nvidia like you are as well (not much hope for AMD's high end GPU's tbh). I think I'll still sport this monitor for a few years more, but add in another for a dual monitor setup.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

What's you specs?

Hey, if it's on sale, it's on sale

As for me, I'm still stuck with my i7-6700k, but During summer 2017 I upgraded to a 1080ti (AORUS extreme 11gb), Acer predator 144hz 1440p, 8gb DDR4 (upgraded to 16gb in 2018), 120gb SSD and 2tb WD black HDD, but I ended up adding another 3 SSD's (500gb, 1tb, 400gb and another 500gb), a few more case fans and went through 2 different KB/M since then.

My only issue atm is one of the bearings in my GPU's fan is going, so I've had to temper the fan curve just a bit, until I grab a new fan case for the card (warranty's up, so I'm on my tod for sorting it out). Also had to replace my PSU, since the last one died just near the tail end of Dec 2019. 

Hoping to upgrade to a Ryzen CPU later this year, as well as a new set of RAM, but I'm also waiting for the 3000 series from Nvidia like you are as well (not much hope for AMD's high end GPU's tbh). I think I'll still sport this monitor for a few years more, but add in another for a dual monitor setup.

That's a pretty awesome setup. 1080Ti is hell of a strong gpu!

I would actually consider Intel if you are looking to upgrade to a new cpu only cause Ryzen 4000 is supposed to be the last cpu of the AM4 socket and 2021, they are supposed to do a brand new socket where as with Intel in their tick tock nonsense, the upcoming desktop cpu is on their brand new socket so in terms of future upgradability, might be the better choice.

Then again, who knows what cores will be at what price points with Ryzen 4000 and the increase in performance is always a nice boost so we shall see loll.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

That's a pretty awesome setup. 1080Ti is hell of a strong gpu!

I would actually consider Intel if you are looking to upgrade to a new cpu only cause Ryzen 4000 is supposed to be the last cpu of the AM4 socket and 2021, they are supposed to do a brand new socket where as with Intel in their tick tock nonsense, the upcoming desktop cpu is on their brand new socket so in terms of future upgradability, might be the better choice.

Then again, who knows what cores will be at what price points with Ryzen 4000 and the increase in performance is always a nice boost so we shall see loll.

Aye, it's still doing me good 3 years down the road!.

Ooh yeah, I get that, but in all honesty, I'd just give this build to my GF when I transfer to a new socket, meaning she'll have my 1080ti, 16gb DDR4, while I go for a new build with a new mobo, NVME, SSD's, 3000 series etc. She'll basically get what I have now, but with the 6700k being replaced by the Ryzen from this yr.

I want to do a completely new build, since this current one sports a Corsair tower, designed with the drive bay stacked vertically with a CD drive disconnected within. I want a new tower with the drive bays stored near the PSU (horizontal), so I can improve frontal airflow (also not a fan of cases with tempered glass, since it means one less fan, which means less air pressure). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

Hard Drive: 1TB Nvme SSD + 512GB Sata SSD + 4TB Western Digital Black + 10TB backup drive
GPU: GTX 1080 - Gawd I can't wait to upgrade to Nvidia's 3000 series... Assuming it's a lot better than 2000 series that is

That 1080 really doesn't fit with the rest anymore. Still very good tho

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:
^That's not a "build", that's a monster

And rumors point to the new 3000 series offering a good increase in power, with the 3070 being able to marthc or outperform the 2080Ti.

Thanks loll. And yea if the 3070 can out perform a 2080Ti while having a great price... It will be one fap worthy generation.

And if AMD can step-up the competition with their new RDNA 2 architecture, we may even see the prices fall a bit! (wishful thinking)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

That 1080 really doesn't fit with the rest anymore. Still very good tho

Yea I was hoping the 2000 series would be a good replacement but alas, that was not the case. If 3000 series is as good as the rumors say, I might just get the 3080 Ti.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Thanks loll. And yea if the 3070 can out perform a 2080Ti while having a great price... It will be one fap worthy generation.

And if AMD can step-up the competition with their new RDNA 2 architecture, we may even see the prices fall a bit! (wishful thinking)

Here's hoping. XsX sure has a beastly gpu but I am sure AMD has even a bigger one for the pc market. The question is whether or not it will be reasonably priced while performing well against Nvidia cards to keep Nvidia's prices in check.

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Here's hoping. XsX sure has a beastly gpu but I am sure AMD has even a bigger one for the pc market. The question is whether or not it will be reasonably priced while performing well against Nvidia cards to keep Nvidia's prices in check.

Well, the Navi cards are quite expensive, almost on par with Nvidia's counterparts, but maybe, just maybe, we'll see a price war like in the old days.

And yes, AMD has talked about "big Navi" several times, so they're planning to try to fight Nvidia at the high end.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2020/03/16/gtc-update/

Corona claims its first relevant victim.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.