By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your "Screw this game!" moments

I sold oblivion coz it was boring, awkward and dead. Was really pissed in the awkward 3rd person fighting system. Many people suggested me that this is as good as fable 2. But later I found that it was false.
Sold jak and daxter hd and sly trilogy coz somehow I didnt liked it.
Crossing the castle wall before going to tower knight in demons souls was pain in the ass. I never played demons souls again. But havent sold this game.

Around the Network

New Super Mario Bros Wii, World 8, the lava levels. After getting my ass kicked for the xxxth time I said fuck it. The fact that you have to repeat levels you already have beaten when you die, plus the klunky ass controls of Mario made me run out of patience. Call me a noob if you want, but that was it.

On the other hand, I beat DKCR with all the optional temples, which is much more difficult than Mario, but the controls were tight and it didn't make me repeat the shit I've already done when I died.

Generally I hate being punished with repeating stuff when I fail, especially when the game isn't very fun at all. The same happened with Demon Souls.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Finding out over 20 years ago while playing Gauntlet on Master System that this game doesn't have an ending, it just lets you die... And I played it soo long...
And I remember some "scenes" in Gears of War 2 which I had to play several times because they were so hard to finish, while the last boss was... too easy.

The Library in Halo. Argh, gurr. It was not solved in the way I thought it was supposed to be.

The Cemetery in Sepulcro in Red Dead, Undead Nightmare. It's almost funny, when you look at my times, it's like 3-6 minutes, then like 28 minutes for that cemetery.

And some ice level in Super Mario Galaxy - tried for a while, but gave up and haven't come back to it in years.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Super Mario Galaxy2 242th star(the last star in the game), the perfect run. By far the hardest thing I've accomplished in a video game. After around a 100attempts I finaly made it. Never replayed that game since lol.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
think-man said:
Radec on elite mode in Killzone 2!!! So bloody hard, Actually about 5-6 times during Killzone 2 I nearly knew in the towel.

People told me this was hard, but..... I beat him pretty quickly. Not my first time, needed to pick up the pattern, but really it wasn't that bad.

piggychan said:
Mass Effect 2 insanity mode collectors ship.

This was pretty easy too, you gotta kill all the collectors first, ignor the harbinger, and as much as everyone hates Tali, you attack drone is an amazing distraction.

Angelus said:

Dark Souls.
NG+ Four Kings

Ya........I think everybody who's done this knows what I'm talking about. I died so many times that I really just wanted to throw my controler through the damn TV. It was just so maddening to me, because this was a boss that I breezed through during the first play through, and didn't expect to have a hard time with at all on NG+. Suffice it to say, I was wrong.

This is why I'm not interested in Demon Souls. Played it for 30 minutes, and I just can't stand how you're forced to backtrack when you die.

---

LOL, KZ2, ME2, np. Dark Souls/Demon Souls --- F*** no...

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Angelus said:

Dark Souls.
NG+ Four Kings

Ya........I think everybody who's done this knows what I'm talking about. I died so many times that I really just wanted to throw my controler through the damn TV. It was just so maddening to me, because this was a boss that I breezed through during the first play through, and didn't expect to have a hard time with at all on NG+. Suffice it to say, I was wrong.

This is why I'm not interested in Demon Souls. Played it for 30 minutes, and I just can't stand how you're forced to backtrack when you die.

---

LOL, KZ2, ME2, np. Dark Souls/Demon Souls --- F*** no...

Yeah, Dark Souls was beyond tedious for this reason. Repeating the same thing over and over again = not fun.

Metrium said:
Super Mario Galaxy2 242th star(the last star in the game), the perfect run. By far the hardest thing I've accomplished in a video game. After around a 100attempts I finaly made it. Never replayed that game since lol.

The green one where you have to keep your clouds until the end of the level? Yeah that was hard as hell. Very proud of it too. I wasn't able to get the medal though. (I don't remember the proper name, I mean the hidden thingies you can collect)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
Metrium said:

The green one where you have to keep your clouds until the end of the level? Yeah that was hard as hell. Very proud of it too. I wasn't able to get the medal though. (I don't remember the proper name, I mean the hidden thingies you can collect)

No, the level I'm talking about is unlocked when you get the medal you are talking about. It's the same level but you have 1life. This is why it's called ''the perfect run'', cause you have to beat the entire level in 1go w/o getting hit by anything whatsoever not even once. If you do, you die and have to retry the entire thing cause that level has no save flags.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Demon Souls :'(