By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 57- Into the Void

I'm not just letting it unfurl from the sidelines, I just trust Rol - mainly because of his analysis of the current situation yesterday

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

I was going to post something last night but I felt too tired to post something that had some thought.
At first I was suspicious of radish for being scum after agreeing with you as it diverts attention from him but now I feel he is just trusting in your judgement.
Also, it seems strange for the Mafia to kill Mario as he would seem to be the most likely to put the lynch on if he wasn't killed

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

RolStoppable said:
Vetteman94 said:

Everyone is still a suspect at this point,  so for you to leave names off of that list is odd. as we have no information at this point. Radish, Dolphin and yourself are still suspects and I am curious as to why you would leave them off.  I  understand these may be your hunchbut there is no reason to believe there being at the very least one scum in that remaining group.   

One of the things I find so odd is Radish is fine with letting you control the flow herem even with the lack of information.  Does that not seem odd too you? 

I already explained why I am leaving those three people off the list. This thread hasn't been particularly long, so it doesn't take much effort to follow it or check up on things that were previously said. I haven't played with you before, so I can't say if it's normal for you to pay so little attention. For god's sake, on Day 1 I had to help you to count to three.

And no, radish's behavior doesn't strike me as odd. He would even follow me if I was confirmed to be not a town player, because he did that in the past.

I know your reasoning,  and I don't agree with it,  I am not willing to give 3 people a pass just cause you believe it to be true.

No you didnt have to help me count to 3, the prof never signed up, so he was not technically in this game, if you paid attention you would notice this was mentioned many times.  So i disregarded that he was on the list.   No need to overvalue your importance.

The fact that he would follow you is the problem,  he doesnt want to stand out and make any decisions,  he just wants to sit back and let things happen.  Its a classic mafia move, go with the flow and try not to stand out.  And now Astrogamer is doing it too.  

I have a good feeling that Vette is mafia this round - just need some evidence now

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
I have a good feeling that Vette is mafia this round - just need some evidence now

Why cause I am questioning your blind loyalty to an unconfirmed?  Or that I outed your plan to just sit back and let everything happen and you just watch as the town kills themsleves

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
radishhead said:

Why cause I am questioning your blind loyalty to an unconfirmed?  Or that I outed your plan to just sit back and let everything happen and you just watch as the town kills themsleves

Well, no, it's because you're outlining a playstyle of mine that isn't true and therefore putting anti-radishhead sentiments into the minds of the masses

Watch me on YouTube!

radishhead said:
Vetteman94 said:
radishhead said:

Well, no, it's because you're outlining a playstyle of mine that isn't true and therefore putting anti-radishhead sentiments into the minds of the masses

Im just outlining what you are doing.  And its not a crusade against you so stop with the melodramatic comments.  

If anything the one I am looking to lynch is one of the lurkers, like benao, Astro or HappyDolphin. 

RolStoppable said:
Vetteman94 said:

I know your reasoning,  and I don't agree with it,  I am not willing to give 3 people a pass just cause you believe it to be true.

No you didnt have to help me count to 3, the prof never signed up, so he was not technically in this game, if you paid attention you would notice this was mentioned many times.  So i disregarded that he was on the list.   No need to overvalue your importance.

The fact that he would follow you is the problem,  he doesnt want to stand out and make any decisions,  he just wants to sit back and let things happen.  Its a classic mafia move, go with the flow and try not to stand out.  And now Astrogamer is doing it too.  

More like you aren't willing to give three people a pass, because it greatly limits your ability to set up a mislynch in a game of this size.

And you call happyD a lurker? Wow. Getting desperate much?

Give me a reason to give them a pass.   

And HappyDolphin has a whopping 1 post in this game, how else should I look at him as?

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
Drinkzmax apologizing for my absence so far toDay.

I'll respond to what little has been said properly after work tomorrow, but I must get some sleep now.
But first, Rol can you guess how I figured out you killed Mario?

Oh and radish, thanks for finally posting some stuff that can offer a read. I severly doubt you'd react to Rol as you have if you were scum.

Why haven't you voted Rol? 

I can blame it on the liquor or the fact a vote at that point either wouldn't have carried any weight or would have been seen as me claiming to have information, which I'm not doing. There is no certainty about it, but Rol is the only one who's displayed a reason to kill Mario.

RolStoppable said:
The host restarted the game when only six players were available officially. The reasoning was that there are enough players. This means the likelyhood that one of mujie, prof and nacho is scum is very low. Out of those three, prof was the highest priority to find a replacement for, but that might just be because prof was the first of those three to confirm that he isn't going to play.

This was said just before Day 1 ended, and has recently been restated. There's a big glaring issue with this statement.

supermario128 said:
Good news everyone!

I just got my memory back. Now I can confirm that I am indeed town. I had no idea before. :P

Mario's statement and flip prove that at least his alignment was not not given at the start.

So why kill Mario?
1) It increases the likelyhood of lynching someone in the smaller pool of "could-be-scum".
2) So he can't challenge the assertation made.

Vetteman94 said:
Linkzmax said:
And I'm still okay with my vote. Vette's gone from a pretty strong No Lynch stance to wanting to lynch "no-show"s just because it was mentioned there could be a recruiter.

Mario is the only one I trust as town for now. With an actual FoS directed at benao.

Explain how it was strong?  Considering all I did was mention that it was near impossible given the rules of the game and the number of votes required for such a thing to happen?   You're stretching

Not quite, actually you said

Vetteman94 said:
Linkzmax said:
Vetteman94 said:
Well given the restrictions for a Day 1 lynch, and all of the other restrictions, like basically no giving any information about your character except the slightest of hints. The best course is probably just a No Lynch,

Just curious as to why no one else is here

I think a No Lynch will be inevitable given the rule for Day 1 lynch,(pending clarification on my last question) but that doesn't make it the best course.

Well to try and get basically everyone to agree to lynch one person on day one of all days is near impossible.   Especially with the complete lack of information we have.   We can't even ask for names for characters.   Also, I just dont think the risk is worth the possible reward given the odds given the small number of players.  If this was one of the games from the past where we had 15-20 players,  then it would be a little different i think.

I'd say that's a pretty strong stance.