By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 57- Into the Void

RolStoppable said:
AstroGamer said:
I was going to post something last night but I felt too tired to post something that had some thought.
At first I was suspicious of radish for being scum after agreeing with you as it diverts attention from him but now I feel he is just trusting in your judgement.
Also, it seems strange for the Mafia to kill Mario as he would seem to be the most likely to put the lynch on if he wasn't killed

Enlighten me. What is it that would have made mario the easiest mislynch?

He cried town already and no one was putting pressure on him. It could easily seem that he was lying. Especially since everyone starting with amnesia. It is possible that he recieved one of the first messages telling him his role but he should have waited as it attracted negative attention.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Vote: FF

Why this vote?

RolStoppable said:
Good riddance, mario. What an awful role in such a small game (that is, if it is what I think it is).

What did I say yesterDay? Scum most likely hides among linkz, v-man, astro, benao, FF and mario. One of them is dead, so that's one suspect less.

linkz is the best player out of that bunch (FF is a hardcore lurker), so that's almost as good as a guilty scan.

I would say it's awful because it's highly exploitable,(same off-thought) but keeping the number of active participants high wouldn't be too bad, especially in such a small game.

I like the spurge impersonation in regards to me.

RolStoppable said:
Vetteman94 said:
RolStoppable said:

Why do you think Linkz is a good choice?  Just a hunch?

I agree about FF though. 

The mafia tries to remove obstacles from the game. If roles are unknown, they go for a good player. Here's a rundown of the five remaining suspects.

v-man: Would kill linkz.
astro: Would kill linkz
benao: Would kill linkz.
FF: Would kill linkz.
linkz: Would not kill linkz. Knows that FF is a hardcore lurker. Likes to play with Rol. Priority shifts to mario.

Not to mention that nobody likes linkz as a player, because he is always so condescending. One more reason to kill him as soon as possible.

I can play this game too!

Mafia are afraid of a doctor blocking a kill. Linkz is a good player, as you say. If roles are unknown, a doctor will often protect good players.

I do like to play with you, but if I'm scum and you're town then your activity level makes you priority number one. I'm also arrogant enough not to have doc-fear because I think I'll be protected.

Oh and I think it's quite unlikely that there's a a recruiter(or at least a scum recruiter) given a kill plus Mario being part vig.(or if I'm thinking of the role wrong, creating vigilante tree stumps)

Vote Vetteman

I distrust the way he's been acting. I do seem to recall clashing with him in the past, though, so he and others are free to convince me I am once again just getting a false scum read based on just disliking his playstyle.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Vote Vetteman

I distrust the way he's been acting. I do seem to recall clashing with him in the past, though, so he and others are free to convince me I am once again just getting a false scum read based on just disliking his playstyle.

I'm just trying to figure out why some people are getting free passes all based on someones assumption.  And then trying to figure out why some people think its ok for others to just fall in line with others thinking.  We used to lynch people for just piling on a specific idea instead of coming up with their own reasons.  I guess now its ok.   

I dont ever remember clashing with you, mainly theprof and hatmoza,  but that was well over a year ago since I last played.  

RolStoppable said:
Linkzmax said:

What reason to kill mario have I displayed?

What's the big glaring issue?

Or are the the subsequent quotes your explanation to the two questions above? You know, mario's post could just be disregarded because of the smiley at the end. One of his usual antics. But things are different in this specific game. Who knows how many people were given their alignment at the start of the game. I know I wasn't, but it was pretty obvious what it would be. So... are you proposing the idea that any of the nine players could have been of any alignment, thus rendering my statement from the end of Day 1 moot?

That they were. More that you have the biggest motive, but that doesn't necessarily equate to the means.

It could be disregarded, but I implied belief in his statement(as well as questioning benao's distrust), as well as Astro's admission and now your very own. I think it would be very strange if nobody knew they were mafia from the very start and would very much go against the flavor. But 1vs8 doesn't play well, so yes I think the "Deep Dark" has a scumbuddy who wasn't necessarily in the know from the beginning. Would allow spurge to start the game right away, then sort of balance it once all the players are confirmed.

I'm not sure why spurge had the rule for the Day 1 lynch, but I suspect he basically wanted a Night Start game without the bad side of one(or more) player likely never getting to play.

RolStoppable said:
benao87 said:
UHmm, Mario was my top suspect.

Let's see how this day will develop.

Top suspect? For what reason?

We aren't getting anywhere, if everyone waits for someone else to do something, so it's probably my job to get things going. Still pondering how drastic my moves should be.

Well he stated his aligment, and even if he meant it as a joke due to the flavor, but that just put him in my radar.

I have limited access to internet, and I will be posting once or twice a day (normal ones), I apologize for this inconovenience.

I agree with rol on his first read, that scum must be included in the first people that checked in before spurge decided to officially start the game, however, I'm not feeling he read on linkz, not only some would not kill him day 1. Besides, due to flavor, the kill could have a random factor, for all we know.

I don't think there are any powerful or non-restricted roles in this round

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Flavor could mean everything, and is telling us pretty much nothing. The possibility of a random alignment depending on participation on the thread is not out of the question either, then rol's assumption of mafia being in those suspects that checked in before spurge call, would be baseless.

I'm feeling more lost than usual.