By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Dominates Microsoft In Game Critics Best Of E3 Nominations

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Of course Sony beat them, their first party is better. MS cant take credit for other peoples games unless they published them like Crytek and Remedy titles which is pretty much just two games. Its about to get worse at Gamescom as well when Sony reveals even more exclusives.

Both companies will show new games at Gamescom. And SONY took credit for Infamous, Ratchet & Clank and SLY COOPER even though Insomniac and Sucker Punch (until recently) weren't owned by SONY.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Vetteman94 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Of course Sony beat them, their first party is better. MS cant take credit for other peoples games. Its about to get worse at Gamescom as well when Sony reveals even more exclusives.

Why not, if its an exclusive game its theirs to brag about.  Heavy rain and Beyond Two Souls are technically 3rd party games and Sony and its fans tout those games.

Why did you delete "unless they publish them" ??? So you could ignore a post that would invalidate your point?

Edit: sorry, apparently the post you quoted was stealth edited

I dont edit peoples original posts

JLMC said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Of course Sony beat them, their first party is better. MS cant take credit for other peoples games unless they published them like Crytek and Remedy titles which is pretty much just two games. Its about to get worse at Gamescom as well when Sony reveals even more exclusives.

Both companies will show new games at Gamescom. And SONY took credit for Infamous, Ratchet & Clank and SLY COOPER even though Insomniac and Sucker Punch (until recently) weren't owned by SONY.

Insomniac isn't but Ratchet is.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vetteman94 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Of course Sony beat them, their first party is better. MS cant take credit for other peoples games. Its about to get worse at Gamescom as well when Sony reveals even more exclusives.

Why not, if its an exclusive game its theirs to brag about.  Heavy rain and Beyond Two Souls are technically 3rd party games and Sony and its fans tout those games.

I edited my post to taking credit only for second party published games a little while ago. MS really shouldn't brag about third party titles.

Even still though, if its an exclusive 3rd party game regardless of whether or not they published it or not its still only available on their console.  regardless of whether its a published 3rd party game or not its not like Sony or Microsoft helped in the development stages much.  It still all on the 3rd party

JLMC said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

True but we still don't know if Microsoft own the Ryse IP or Crytek. Same with Sunshine Overdrive.

Around the Network

Project Spark, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon, Forza 3, Titanfall and Dead Rising 3...all looked great games to me and are on Xbox 1.

Killzone and Infamous looked good on the PS4 side but other than that I didn't see anything else I'd buy day 1.

So yeah, my thoughts on this article...

JLMC said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sly Cooper is a Sony IP. They've always been interested in Platformers with a Pixarlike charm which is why they were involved with Naughtydog and Insomniac from the mid 90's. Sony took credit for InFamous because it was their IP from the start. 

If Sony took credit for the publishing of such great platforming franchises they would be an active threat to Nintendo when it comes to platformers such as Crash Brandicoot, Spyro the Dragon and Tomba as well. They brought all those games into prominance and after they dropped them and their marketing the IP's were taken over by Universal and Activision, I believe.

Sony made the decision not just to have a close developmental relationship with companies (as I've seen in videos) in the process of making certain titles and they learned from their internal teams, which is why InFamous has evolved to where it is today. It was inevitable they would've become part of the Sony family because they represent the type of story-driven games Sony likes to make.

Insomniacs fate was sealed once they signed up with EA. They should've stuck with Sony. One game down, lets over Overrun goes well because they are such a talented company that just needs a really good publisher.

JLMC said:

True but we still don't know if Microsoft own the Ryse IP or Crytek. Same with Sunshine Overdrive.

Crytek is making the game but MS owns the IP. If they game doesnt go over well they'll just scrap the all the other second party titles. They should make a gravesite at this point from the first gen all the way to now.

JLMC said:
God. This site has become a d**k measuring contest,

It has been like this since the begineen, in fact when it cold off i stopped coming back but now that is on fire again, im back and having fun

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

JLMC said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

R&C, Sly and infamous are all franchises owned by sony.