By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

WHO WON??

Sony's PS3 419 34.57%

Microsoft's Xbox 360 102 8.42%

Nintendo's Wii 691 57.01%

Total:1,212

Wii lost when it comes to library. It will lose in sales at some point too. But it cannot be topped when it comes to profit.

Around the Network

All three companies put up a good show this generation and it's still not over yet, more great games are coming. I don't think any of the companies won or lost, I think in the end the consumer won and that's all that matters.

The PS3

Best exclusives, best hardware and no restrictions, free online, region free gaming. What more does a gamer want.

Nintendo made the most money and sold the most consoles so them.

RenCutypoison said:
Wii certainly had the most sales, but are ex-wii gamers satisfied enough tu buy Nintendo home consoles again ?

Most says that they didn't play wii for the last few years, and we saw the wii u score.

Incredible sales on one generation is nice, but keeping customers is better.

tell that to the guys who lost 70 million from their install base

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
RenCutypoison said:
Wii certainly had the most sales, but are ex-wii gamers satisfied enough tu buy Nintendo home consoles again ?

Most says that they didn't play wii for the last few years, and we saw the wii u score.

Xbone and PS4 beinjg not shipped yet, we can't tell yet.

70m still less than 150m BTW =p

also I just found out something. apparently, and I don't know how the fuck how, Nintendo made a 100% profit of ALL of their systems (except 3DS and WiiU, i think both are selling at a profit now though), damn, apparently, Nintendo even made more money than Sony during the 6th gen, the gen where the PS2 sold 157 million while the GameCube sold freaking 24 million. how the hell do they manage to do shit like this?

RenCutypoison said:
MohammadBadir said:
RenCutypoison said:

i meant that half of the PS2 crowd didn't move on to the PS3

Turkish said:
The PS3

Best exclusives, best hardware and no restrictions, free online, region free gaming. What more does a gamer want.

idk, a good price point?

MohammadBadir said:
RenCutypoison said:

i meant that half of the PS2 crowd didn't move on to the PS3

Well, PS2 almost had a monopoly. Of course it couldn't stay that way. Wii, on the other side, let quite a few market shares to their competitors, and didn't even touched some publics.