By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One vs PS4 Launch games metacritic

So guys the launch games are set. PS4 does used games, so does XBbox One. Xbox One has opt in 24 hour etc, PS4 doesnt. PS4 is cheaper in US by $100. And UK/Euro by $80.

So what about the most important bit. How good are the offerings? What do you think the media and the average user think of the exclusives at launch and Christmas?????

Xbox One exclusive Launch games and christmas releases:

Forza 5

Dead Rising 3

Loccocycle

Ryse : Son Of Rome

Killer Instinct

Project Spark

Minecraft  xbox One Edition

Kinect Sports Rivals

Crimson Dragon

Playstation 4 excluusive Launch games and christmas releases

Killzone Shadowfall

Driveclub

Knack

DC Univers Online

Oddworld : New and Tasty

So Meta scores. What you think?  ( List subject to change )

Around the Network

Xbox One:

Forza 5 = 94 Metacritic

Ryse = 85 Metacritic

Dead Rising 3 = 90 Metacritic

Killer Instinct = 75 Metacritic

Project Spark = 97 Metacriic

Minecraft = 90 Metacritic

Kinect sports RIvals = 80 Metacritic

Lococycle = 70 Metacritic

Crimson Dragon = 80 Metacritic

Playstation 4

Driveclub = 70 Metacritic

killzone Shadowfall = 88 Metacritic

Knack = 70 Metacritic

DC Universe Online = 90 Metacritic

Oddworld New and Tasty = 80 Metacritic

Sorry if this is only barely on topic but I noticed something weird in your OP. PS4 is cheaper by $100; €100 or £80. Not quite sure what conversion rate you used to get $80 from.

Kresnik said:
Sorry if this is only barely on topic but I noticed something weird in your OP. PS4 is cheaper by $100; €100 or £80. Not quite sure what conversion rate you used to get $80 from.

Oh LOL. I got my Xbox One for 389.99 GBP. PS4 is 350 GBP. 

But  got the first preorder day 1 deal, but your right RRP is 429.

Haha. 1 weeks wage for me.

Normally meta threads are flooded with opinions on VGC. Whats happened?

Around the Network

You think Project Spark is going to be the second highest rated game in history. I think your high balling alot of the One games.

Xenostar said:
You think Project Spark is going to be the second highest rated game in history. I think your high balling alot of the One games.

Im basing things off of media response. Alot are viewing this as the second coming of christ. Really impressed with what they saw. Essentially i was LBP in 3d on massive steriods.  

Multimedialover said:
Xenostar said:

Im basing things off of media response. Alot are viewing this as the second coming of christ. Really impressed with what they saw. Essentially i was LBP in 3d on massive steriods.  

i do like the look of it, but seems like you will only be able to make 3rd person action games with monsters, have they showed other genres in it yet?

Xenostar said:
Multimedialover said:
Xenostar said:

i do like the look of it, but seems like you will only be able to make 3rd person action games with monsters, have they showed other genres in it yet?

So far they have sid wait till Gamescom. :(

We will wait and see. But I love that you can take someone eles creation and change it further. Making 100% endless possibilities.

Anyways, post your list. :)

Multimedialover said:
Normally meta threads are flooded with opinions on VGC. Whats happened?

next to nothing to go on, but I'll give it a shot based on what me or my writers played at E3.

Ryse: 75

Spark: 82

Crimson Dragon: 72

Didn't actually play any of the games from your PS4 list.  

OT:  I believe Oddworld New and Tasty is going to be on a lot of different platforms, not just PS4.  Only one it isn't going to is Xone because of the whole self publishing thing.  

Minecraft seems like an odd "exclusive" as well.