By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The true magic of next gen is...the new PS4 interface? (Dev Article Inside)

"Sony has already outlined some of the key services the PS4 offers, but I’ll give a quick recap. At all times, at no cost to the developer, the PS4 records recent gameplay enabling frictionless sharing of video clips and screenshots, so you never miss a moment.

Passive recording means we don’t have to think about it. The serendipity of pulling off the impossible and having it on film is magic. So when we have that amazing moment we can instantly share it with our friends. Not on some restrictive closed ecosystem but with the entire web using open standards.

One of the main areas that will be disrupted is exposing new content and how you learn about brilliant new games."...

..."The first impulse of many will be spammy Facebook-like interactions, but it can be so much more. This is not only limited to real-time streams but asynchronous services, websites, mobile services and the PlayStation dashboard. Discover your friend’s dying message on a wall, or instead an ammo cache they left for you. Beyond simple boosts this extends to story moments, what if the old sailor is your friend and the dire warning of sea monsters was voiced by her.

Whether from her PS4, phone, Vita, or desktop we can make this your story with best mates. We can extend this to the crowd, you could be broadcasting online while you creep through a haunted mansion fearing for your life, your viewers guiding you through the horror with text messages on your character’s phone while they look at a map of the mansion online."

TL,DR: Perhaps user generated content through increased social interactivity supported by an built-in ecosystem should not be underestimated in its impact.

STILL TL,DR:  PS4 is covered in the sweet awesomesauce of potential.

http://www.altdevblogaday.com/2013/06/14/true-magic-of-next-gen/

Video Link for those who haven't seen the interface: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1OegYm1dM9g

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Around the Network

Cool... I always asked for that features since PS1... that's just make you record the magical moments in the games like when you do that thing that will never do again.

Looks kool, but that video :S so so bad.....

The next gen OS's are looking pretty sweet. Sony especially is really stepping it up.

My god the acting... anyway taking that out, the interface looks very good. I also like the idea of sharing but I don't see myself using it for social networks such as Facebook. I do see myself sharing this with my friends over psn :)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Sounds very promising. And this sounds interesting

" We can also pull data into our games from the servers without expensive proprietary servers."

Can these videos be uploaded to youtube?

Must be easy to make let's plays then because no need for capture card.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:

I'm sure it can, but they have a deal with Usteam and that will be where the one touch streaming goes. I'm sure you can grab a film and upload it to any web site you wan't tho.

"Professional" let's players have said X1 and ps4 uploading will be useless to them because they prefer to edit their footage before uploading. It doesn't sound like you can do that in next gen.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Otakumegane said:

Yes,  you can upload to youtube.  http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/Satellite/en_UK/Article/From-Shaky-Webcams-To-Sony-PS4-How-Game-Streaming-Hit-The-Big-Time-021243320603283

However,  there will be some restrictions to what you can record, based on what the developer of the game feels like.  This is to prevent things like, sharing the final boss or putting the entire Heavy Rain playthrough on youtube.  Hopefully, Sony backtracks on this a little bit otherwise, there will still be a market for video capture cards. 

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube.