By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is OUT

Hmmm. I think I may wait until next year and maybe SP2 still...Not really bashing MS, but, that is generally a better policy.

My machine should last one more year and XP is just fine and dandy.

Around the Network

The XP Service Pack has a general performance improvement of about 10% according to some sources.

The Vista one does very little.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I won't upgrade to Vista unless I have to, I'd rather wait it out like I did with the crime against humanity that is Windows 2000...

Windows Vista = Phail

I'll stick with XP thanks.

How do we download the service pack?
or is this something we need to pay for?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

I got Vista for free. So no complaints here.

For downloading just simply go to Windows Update (free). Remember that only the English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese versions are up. The rest come later.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

my windows update updates automatically, so i guess im done...
thanks though..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

XP will have to be pulled from my cold dead fingers =).